Sun, Oct 6, 4:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Can't upload a picture to my gallery. :(

jwiest ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 10:32 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 4:20 PM

HELP!!!

I just tried to upload something to my gallery and it bombed out with some weird memory allocation error which I unfortunately didn't think to copy down for you.  But now when I try to redo it it's telling me that I can't upload because I already used my one upload for the day. :(

I was hoping somebody could investigate it.  I guess if all else fails I'll just wait 'til tomorrow, but it's probably still something that ought to be investigated.

Currently Monday the 13th at 8:31 PDT for me.

John

williamsn ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 10:36 PM · edited Mon, 13 November 2006 at 10:37 PM

Unfortunately, we can't diagnose this problem without a copy of the error message. I have found the partially-completed image you uploaded and removed it. You should be able to upload now. Please retry your upload exactly as you did before, then copy and paste the error you get so that we can fix whatever is causing it. Thanks, N

-Nicholas

jwiest ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 10:47 PM

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 52428800 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16000 bytes) in /netapp/renderosity/public_html/mod/gallery/image_functions.php on line 57

Doubt it's a filesize issue since I've seen them before (the error that is), but the image is 373K and the thumb is 5.5K.

John

williamsn ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 10:52 PM

Alright. Try it again. N

-Nicholas

jwiest ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 10:56 PM

That worked! :)

Thanks Nicholas!

John

williamsn ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 10:58 PM

NP

-Nicholas

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 2:09 PM

Thanks Nicholas for taking care of this:)

jwiest ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 8:13 PM

Actually, I've got a further question on it.  There's some people that apparently can't see the image, but it's not all of them.  Any idea what might be causing that?

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1327237

John

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 8:30 PM

Okay that is weird. Hopefully Nick can shed some light????

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 2:04 PM

Image appears Ok for me in IE, but not Firefox (1.5.0.8) or SeaMonkey (1.0.6).
Does this correspond to other peoples experience ?

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 2:51 PM

I spoke with Nicholas about this and we checked the image and can see in all browsers??? Wonder if those few need to clear their cache and try again? Just a thought.

Stac

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 4:06 PM

A value for the width attribute of the image that's 3579 or greater stops the image from showing up.
I've got my settings to always show images at full size, so people will see it at preview size, but not full, because of the explicit width value.

Seems to be similar to this Bugzilla report -> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=335812

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 8:57 PM

Add me to the list too...says I exceeded the allotteed amount of uploads!?
Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 9:55 PM

Ariana,

Your problem is different than the one that jweist was having. The problem with your image was listed in the gallery FAQ, below is the explaination;

If you upload an image by hitting “preview” and then don’t finish by hitting “save” or “abort”, that image just kinda floats out there taking up server space. So, that counts toward your one per day. Abandoned pending images get purged every night at 2 a.m. system time. 

Thanks

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 10:03 PM

jwiest, it works for me in IE 7.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 12:56 AM

ThanX Stacy! Sorry for the "Off Topic"
Ariana 

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.