Wed, Sep 18, 6:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:30 pm)

Subject: OT Need prayers for my daughter please

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 1:10 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 7:23 AM

She was seriously burned last night and is on her way to the UC Davis burn center. I am only here because I'm waiting for her husband to get here so I can drive him there since she is going to go by ambulance. Hopefully not too serious, was in the ER last night with her, they sent her home but I made her go back in the morning and they decided to send her down. They are saying she will probably be admitted for 2 days. Has burns to her face and has blistered her eyes as well. She can see, her eyes are swollen but they checked her vision last night. Please any thoughts for her will be appreciated.

hmatienzo ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 1:50 PM

All my prayers are with your daughter!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 2:03 PM

Ick! that sounds nasty. Here's a lot of good thoughts for her!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

-BrandyE- ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 2:07 PM

that is horrible....sending prayers her way...

Brandy

masha ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 2:13 PM

The very best wishes for a speedy recovery  Marque. They're all flying your way.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 2:18 PM

Will be saying prayers for your daughter and sending good thoughts your way.  Please keep us updated as to how she is doing, k?

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 2:35 PM

OH my gosh Marque, I am so sorry to hear this, of corse we will have prayers for you and your family and your daughter.  I hope she is alright in the 2 days.  Our hearts are with you.  Mike and Sharen

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 2:35 PM

Arrgh still here they are waiting for a bed for her before they can ship her. She just called me to update me, still can't open her eyes and she has a bad corneal abrasion on one but they think she is going to be ok.  Hate sitting here waiting. The nurse told me the first debridement went well and she should have minimal scarring. Back to sitting by the phone. Thank you all for your thoughts.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 2:39 PM

we're all hoping she'll get speedy treatment. best wishes.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 2:54 PM

God bless you and all your family.

Aeriol

FlyByNight ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 3:03 PM

Saying prayers for your daughter right now. Blessings to all of you!!!

FlyByNight

Dale B ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 3:36 PM

Good Energies on the way. I'm glad her vision wasn't damaged irrepairably, and that the scarring will be minimal. She's going to need lots of support in any case....so make sure you arrange to have some time of your own (and everyone else involved), so you don't exhaust yourself. My wife and I learned that one when we cared for her dad at home when he died. And if you need to vent, you know where to come ;) It sounds as if she were splashed by something. Kitchen accident with water or hot oil?

Darboshanski ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 3:47 PM

Blessing and prayers to you and your daughter!!

Micheál

My Facebook Page

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 4:09 PM · edited Tue, 14 November 2006 at 4:10 PM

You two et al. are in my thoughts.

mynosaurus ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 4:33 PM

Best wishes and a speedy recovery!

kirwyn ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 4:36 PM

Very sorry to hear this Marque.  Your daughter is in my thoughts and prayers.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 4:38 PM

She put some inhalant that is supposed to go into a vaporizer into hot water on the stove and it exploded in her face.  Still waiting for a bed at the burn unit. I'm retired and my husband can take leave if he has to so we are good there. Also her in-laws are retired so they can help too. Thanks again for all your thoughts.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 4:52 PM

All our prayers go out to you and yours.

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 4:53 PM

11/14/06

Marque:

My prayers for your daughter and a speedy recovery, for your family as they travel to support her, and for you. How kind of you to trust us for support. Bless you.

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

MartinW ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 4:56 PM

Please accept my very humble best wishes and prayers for the Lord's blessing and healing for all

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 5:01 PM

Oh my! :(  My thoughts and prayers are with her. 

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ziggie ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 5:39 PM

Best wishes for your daughter's speedy recovery.

ziggie

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 6:27 PM

Prayers are on the way!

Good luck to your daughter. I hope she is doing OK.

Bondini ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 7:17 PM

What a great response.  Adding more to it now.  Keep us posted.

Richabri ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 7:34 PM

What a terrible accident. I do hope that all goes well for your daughter and that she recovers very quickly.

pitklad ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 8:07 PM

Best wishes and a quick recover!

My FreeStuff

Rainfeather ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 8:08 PM

thoughts and prayers coming your way hon...stay strong and hoping for a speedy recovery. hugs, Rain

1358 ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 9:04 PM

you have my prayers as well.  rest yourself, you need to be strong and healthy for your child.

Larry F ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 9:56 PM

Hey Marque,

Thoughts, prayers, and healing "white light" to your daughter.  And you.  And, from previous experience with more than one family tragedy and/or near tragedy, please find some way to occupy yourself to help ease of the burden of time, which slows to a crawl at times like these. 

Not only will you feel better, but you'll be more "available" to your loved ones when needed.  And, from first hand work related knowledge, the people at UCD are nothing short of top notch!

I hope she - and you - come through absolutely great.

Larry F

joemccarron ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 10:12 PM

I have and will pray for your daughter.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 10:36 PM

Oh how terrible, sending prayers for her and your family.

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

darth_poserus ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 11:00 PM

Sorry I saw this a little late, Marque I will certainly pray for your daughter, mind if I put your family and daughter on our prayer chain at church?

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Free the freebies!

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 11:12 PM

my thoughts are and will be with you and your daughter...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jaybutton ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 11:20 PM

I am praying for her, too.

Jay

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 12:05 AM

Hi, hope it is all going okay now. Did they find a bed for her yet in the burns unit? Please keep us all posted and let us know how she is doing. They've got a lot of new stuff for burns these days so hopefully the scarring won't be too bad. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 12:46 AM

God bless, Marque!

Cookienose ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 2:26 AM

Sending wishes and prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

u-designer ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 2:38 AM

Wishing a very speedy and full recovery for this horrible accident.

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 5:14 AM

Oh dear, that sounds nasty. Best wishes for a good and speedy recovery.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

logansfury ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 6:16 AM

Im sorry Marque :(

I hope things go well and she recovers quickly.

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 8:27 AM

I've been away for a few days, Marque, but I'll keep her and your family in my prayers, and hope that all goes well.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Indoda ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 10:46 AM

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your daughter. We pray that His hand will guide all those who have part in her recovery and that He will be near you as you go through this time. In His love, Indoda

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 8:06 AM

Well after the nightmare of uc davis hospital I pulled her out and took her to another hospital where she was taken care of properly. Her eyes will be fine, she gets checked again on Friday. Her burns although they look terrible should heal with minimal scarring. She was mainly worried about her eyes since she is a commercial photographer and makes her living with her sight. She told me to tell you thank you all for the thoughts and prayers, that she got comfort knowing that even people she doesn't know are pulling for her. Thank you all from me as well. Now for more sleep!

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 8:33 AM

Thank goodness! that is very good news. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

snaah ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 9:36 AM

She will recover!!! It may take some time but she will. You all have my deepest condolence!!

Indoda ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 5:43 AM

Glad to hear she is on the mend

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

fuaho ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 10:11 PM

Kind thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery. Glad to hear you took things into your own hands and did what was necessary. Many times people are in such a state of shock that they become paralyzed and defer decisions to others. Sounds like she'll get the support she'll need to get through this just fine with a Mom like you!!

<;))***><<  

Starkdog ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 12:38 AM

Marque, My thoughts and prayers also go out to your daughter. I too, had pretty severe corneal abrasion, actually corneal erosion in my left eye after an accident. I have had 2 procedures on my eye, and am still coping with things. If you want more details, please drop me an IM. -Starkdog

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 8:39 AM

I didn't see this post before today. How sad! I am in a very sad situation myself these days and have been for two weeks now. But even as I discovered the truth about my situation 2 weeks ago I prayed and thought «As long as my children and grandchildren are ok, I can survive this situation». This to say I understand how you may feel. Our children's problems, sicknesses, bad lucks, etc., are always worst for us than our own.

I will add your daughter to my prayers. Keep us posted on her recovery which I hope will be very speedy.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 3:54 AM
Online Now!

Praying for her. She is already on her way to healing, in Jesus' mighty name. Amen!

Eddy

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 11:39 AM

OK here's an update. Her face is healing well and her left eye is healed completely. Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers. She doesn't like to hear about you guys because it makes her cry and that hurts her eye, but she told me to tell you all thank you so much, helps knowing folks are thinking you better. Those were her words, she's still a bit fuzzy around the edges from the pain meds. She is at the opthalmologist right now checking on the status of her right eye which is still sloughing tissue from the burns to the eyeball. Hard to tell if her vision is blurry from the injury or from the antibiotic ointment but we should know today how it is. Hard to be a mom sometimes, but the worst is when your child is in pain and there is nothing you can do to relieve it. Thank you again for keeping her in your thoughts.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.