Sun, Oct 6, 3:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: GroBoto 2.0 for Win XP

Sophies ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 9:01 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:28 PM

GroBoto 2.0 for Win XP is OUT !! :thumbupboth: :thumbupboth: :thumbupboth: Yeees, i have been waiting for several years on this beauty.I cant wait to test it out. WOOOOW. :lol: :lol:   WWW.Groboto.com. Yeeehah how cool  :lol: :lol:

danamo ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 9:11 PM

AgentSmith will be excited about this too! BTW, the cat you use as an icon is beautiful!

Sophies ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 9:22 PM

Oh thank yuo danamo.Sho ows me totaly and her name is Miranda a Norwegian Wood cat. I know AgentSmith will be excited as you say.Myself are WERY exit but totaly brook right now. But they will have a demo for downlod.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

gammaRascal ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 10:08 PM

weird...

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 10:36 PM

I hate to say it but I agree with TS...

mboncher ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 11:31 PM

Okay, been to the site, looked it over.  Still don't know WTF it is.  You'd think they'd say "this program does x, y & z" but it doesn't to my understanding.  It's like reading a fortune 500 mission statement.  Sorry for the cynicism, but I'm curious if this piece of software is something I 'Gottahaveitcantlivewithoutit" or "meh".  You never know when you'll find that ever important app.

mdb

matrixmode ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 2:52 AM

Attached Link: http://www.groboto.com/index.html

I've had a blast beta testing this!  $79.00 USD  is a decent price IMHO.  Can't wait to get this.  :)  Download the trial version you'll love it.  There's really nothing else like it!

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

dan whiteside ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 7:27 AM

Limited free upgrade for those of us that bought the Mac OS9 version or full Mac/PC upgrade for 30$. Soon as it's active going to get both versions! I always thought something like this would make an intetesting "quasi" modeler for Bryce. Thanks Sophies!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 12:17 PM

Been looking forward fro this program to hit 2.0 and for Windows for years now.  ;oD

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

scotttucker3d ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 2:14 PM · edited Wed, 15 November 2006 at 2:18 PM

Me too AS - Only I've been waiting for it to hit 2.0 to get it off Mac classic. it's kind of like L-systems on autopilot. Xfrog uses L-systems but they are a lot less fun to use than the ones in Groboto  - woohoo - finally an OSX version. Those are the most trippy animations - remind me of those bad bots in the matrix.

Me too Dan - the models would be a blast to light and render with HDRI in Bryce.

It looks like it renders in openGL - which means animations should be really fast and easy to create with a decent graphics card.

Sophies - thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting so long for 2.0 I thought it would never happen.

I can't wait to play with the OSX demo.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 2:28 PM

Oh great, get us all excited, and we can't download the demo yet...
It's like... like... hearing, not now honey, after being teased! :Pffft  ;)

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 8:23 PM

gee i'm interested in looking/getting this but i have to sweet talk my lovely wife into buying me Universe Image Creator plugin and a couple of nice bryce models, drawbridgep's Drag trike and his AH-9100 plus Rochr The Machine. Oh trust me there are a few more models i would like but these three are first on the list then i will get back into using bryce.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 10:59 PM

Way cool, okay now where's the working link? It's the 16th already.......=|

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 12:19 AM

there may be a short delay while our Kagi store comes online. Please check back soon if the links are not working yet.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

matrixmode ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 12:54 AM

The waiting is the hardest part.  :)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

protean-form ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 8:09 AM

It would be nice, though, if in the meantime they went ahead and activated the links to download and test their demo software...

mboncher ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 11:30 AM

I still don't know what I'm waiting for... :c/  But then again, if I buy any software, Bryce 6 is top of my list.

mdb

zakalwe ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 6:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.groboto.com/Store%20%26%20Downloads.html

the demo is now available for download :)

have fun!

scotttucker3d ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 12:32 AM

Starting to play with it and the simple tuts. Very weird - this stuff is just screaming to be exported and rendered. Hmmm - I'll have to think a little about the pricetag. I wish they would at least let us do test renders with a watermark. The demo is pretty well disabled.

hein ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 2:29 AM

Exciting program, every sample file results in a 1-2 min eggtimer whenever the cursor is moved, the "reset document" results in a frozen program. There are programs that can do that for far less than $79.

XP3000 2Gb mem Nvid6800 Win XP sp2 , XP64-3000 1Gb mem NVid7300 Win XP sp2 (test box , no software but Win XP and the program to test) , both systems same result.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 9:34 AM

Hmmmm.  The demo works perfectly on my 2 machines.  No hesitations at all.  One is a lowly laptop, and my main PC which is an AMD 64 3800 with 4 GBs RAM.  Both on WinXP SP2.

ddaydreams ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 12:30 PM

Yep I was a Beta tester also for this.
It's way fun and screaming fast. You gonna like :)

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.