Fri, Sep 20, 12:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Download Dystopia!!!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 5:32 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:46 AM

Bad A$$ Sci-Fi City Blocks for FREE download over at DAZ, if you don't already have them, go get blocks 001-010 for free HERE!!

Bryce 6 Dystopia render here

Original 1600x1000 render here.

Cool stuff, get this even if you may not use it right away!!

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 5:48 PM

Thanks for the tip :)

Svarg ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 7:41 PM · edited Wed, 15 November 2006 at 7:42 PM

Yes, they're absolutely spectacular!! Don't know when I'll use them, but it would be foolish to miss out!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 8:57 PM · edited Wed, 15 November 2006 at 9:02 PM

Soon as i opened the email and noticed them i went and got them. Anyone who doesn't grab them will be foolish, one may not use them right away but its always handy to have them incase you need that one or two buildings in an image..

@Agent Smith, sir would you mind if i grabbed a copy that image and used it on my computer desktop?

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 9:08 PM

Absolutely.  ;o)

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 9:23 PM

Quote - Absolutely.  ;o)

Cheers AS, i'll be glad once i have bryce, D|S, Photoshop and other programs installed back on my system this weekend, just need to install the mere 250gig hdd and the small 80 gig one i had to resort to will be used for storing mp3s and files for 3d work on..

God i can't wait to get my mind back on doing images again.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

mboncher ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 10:35 PM

Crud.  It's Poser according to the link.  Can I still use this in Bryce?

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 12:06 AM

yes mate you can, just get daz studio from daz3d.com, its a free program and believe me it a god send.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 12:27 AM

Yeah, use the Studio program. I too was hesitant to use Studio at first, but with the integration between Studio and Bryce, the importing of any mesh is ridiculously faster (compared to exporting it out of poser, strat Bryce up, import it in, and....with Studio/Bryce the textures are lot closer to what they should be, still not perfect, but closer)

serendigity59@gmail.com ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 2:11 AM

I got the Dystopia 1 and 2 a while back and have never been able to load them properly in DAZ Studio without erros looking for missing files etc. It was a direct DAZ installer to. I might reinstall and try again. Anyone else found probs?  I can easily import the meshes into Bryce but not getting the textures/lighting working...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 2:38 AM · edited Thu, 16 November 2006 at 2:40 AM

Lighting does not carry over, unfortunately. Wish it did.

I had no problem installing the item into Studio. I started Bryce, hit the big magic Studio button, loaded up the 6x6 city block, clicked the "Back to Bryce" button, and 10 seconds later it was sitting in Bryce, ready to render.

Changes - I tweaked each mat a little, just changing the levels where I normally have my own mats at.

I also added a roughish texture to the two "rooftop" mesh groups, and one called "steelplate", since these meshes only had a color applied to them, and it came off really unrealistic in Bryce.

Svarg ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 9:07 AM

Studio crashes on my machine. I'm sure it's something about my box; not D|S. All the same, I can't use Studio. :^(  So I guess I'm relegated to going through the Poser import process, which I've never done. Oh well, the day I stop learning is the day of my funeral.

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 5:58 PM

yeah, his web page had the first 20 blocks for free.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 6:13 PM

Rumors are the next 10 blocks will be also be a DAZ freebie sometime in the near future.

Paul Francis ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 4:12 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1304749

You owe it to yourself to grab this, it's an awesome freebie.  I used it for the attached pic, which doesn't really do the models justice.  Loads of detail and variation, and FREE!

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2006 at 6:12 AM

He's got a web site out there, with around 70-80 blocks all told (as I remember), though the bulk of them cost money. I just don't remember the site name. Let me check. dangit, can't find it..but the people on the Poser forum might now. Dark Whispers, possibly (or just check on the article/email)

cckens ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2006 at 9:23 AM

Attached Link: Team Dystopia

Pakled,

Attached the link to Team Dystopia.  Good place to visit if you want to know what these guys are up to.  They've got a lot of stuff coming down the pipe and all of it too cool.  Register and (once they get the download area fixed) you can pick up some of the freebies they're putting out.  Cool stuff as well... and, at current, only available from the site.

Ken
DORK is me!

raven ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2006 at 12:57 PM

Attached Link: Dystopia blocks 011-020

Blocks 11-20 are up for free at DAZ now.

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2006 at 9:59 PM

that's the one. Time to update the database (I'd seen it from another site. I've got about 2,000+ links, so things get missing sometimes..;)

pearce ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 10:05 AM

The Daz packages contain UV-mapped OBJ-format versions, so are usable in other apps if you're prepared to set the textures up yourself.  I just tried one out successfully in C4D.

Svarg ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 4:08 PM

You can get 20 of the blocks free from the site Paul Francis mentioned, but they are for LightWave. The OBJ format downloads are not yet working. However, if you have LW you can export them from there to OBJs, but you'll have to do some work on the textures. Gotta say, though, they're very nice and worth the effort.

donniemc0 ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 4:10 PM

thanks for the heads up on that one AS, as crazy dawg says, you might not use them straight away but they will probably come in handy at some point!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.