Sat, Sep 21, 8:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Poser 7 Delivers Brush-like Morphing Tools

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 9:24 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:36 AM

This was in my email inbox this morning.  Thought I'd be the first to pass it on.
David P. Hoadley

7 Reasons to Get Poser 7
Reason 6: Brush-like Morphing Tools!

Add a whole new level of detail to your Poser 7 scenes using new brush-like morphing tools! The new Create tab on the Morphing Tool palette provides powerful interactive controls for creating your own custom morph targets. Easily “paint” dimples, moles or creases on your figures with simple strokes, just like you would with any brush tool. Use custom morph targets to create even more dynamic facial expressions; to change the appearance of bodies; to pull conforming clothing out past protruding body parts; to improve cloth simulation results; and for a wide variety of other uses as well.

Using the new morphing tools, selected areas or single points of the mesh can be pushed or pulled, smoothed or restored. Start by selecting the size of the area that you want to modify using the Radius control - small for detail work and large for broader changes. Choose from five brush styles that vary in falloff (how the change blends toward the edge of the selected area), from a very soft brush that blends gradually toward the edge to a crisp brush that affects the entire area the same way.

You can also define the magnitude of your changes, whether they accumulate or cap at a certain size, and if they act on a specific point or stroke like a brush tool. Make your changes either in surface mode, which will modify the mesh along the direction of surface normals, or in screen mode, which will allow deformations in any direction you wish.

When you are done, save your morphed Poser 7 figures into the library for later use. You don’t have to be an expert to take your scenes to a whole new level, using Poser’s intuitive morph target creation tools!

Click Here to See the Demo!

Poser 7 Delivers More

• Get a real sense of what your final result will look like as you work, without having to render your scene! Poser 7’s Procedural Shader Preview can display the results of most procedural shader effects in the Preview window. Enable Hardware Shading on systems with high-performance graphics hardware.
  • Import your textures and images in modern formats. Poser 7 now supports HDR and EXR formats for import of high dynamic range bitmap images, as well as many other modern formats.
  • Choose how you want to locate an object’s associated files. Poser 7’s Configurable File Search includes three levels of depth, Deep (for most extensive), Shallow or None, to give you the results you want – fast or comprehensive.

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 9:38 PM

Played with it - LOVE IT! This will make creating morphs easier and loads more fun.

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 10:19 PM

Oh my. Brush morphing in Poser. Body deformations from objects like grabbing hands and unyielding surfaces! My only question is whether the morphs are timeline linked. Being able to nla a scene, and applying the morphs and dialing them in and out would be incredible!!

CobraEye ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 10:54 PM

Wow, this is very cool and very exciting. DPH, thanks for the update. This is good news indeed.

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 2:31 AM

Well I'm almost sold now!

I just need to wait for my new 0% on purchases credit card to come through the door!!  [lol]

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 2:37 AM

Quote - Well I'm almost sold now!

I just need to wait for my new 0% on purchases credit card to come through the door!!  [lol]

Yeah, and I'm still waiting to win either the Israeli weekly National lotery, or the Saturday Night Football (Soccer) Pool, or both.  Maybe when the Messiah comes.

David P. Hoadley

xen ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 2:42 AM

Sounds fabulous. Reading this creates a nice pleasant glow because I recognise one of my suggestions in the feature list. It seems like EF has trawled the forums and collated and prioritised the various criticisms and suggestions from its users.  THANKS GUYS AND GALS!

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 2:57 AM

David, 0% credit cards are a way of life here in the UK, when one runs out I get another and transfer the balance, lots of people do it here!!

My new one is winging it's way as I speak with 0% on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months!!  Soon as it's here, the first purchase will be P7.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 5:05 AM

I've already got mine pre-ordered on the strength of multiple undo and HDRI, but this would have sold me all over again. Have you guys seen the demo on the website? Looks fantastic. I'm really excited now!

Hey Teyon, you lucky thing. Watch me drool!

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 5:39 AM

I'd say that Dr. Geep & Nay Say Guy & Posey have their work cut out for them, now that there is a whole new tool to provide us with a  tutorial  for.
DPH

jt411 ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 7:04 AM

Sweet! I was sold 2 reasons ago, but P7 keeps looking better and better!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 7:40 AM

Dale you can always save the resulting morph as an "oldfashoined"morph and dial it that way. In that respect, all morphs are animatable :o)

And WEEE! I was sold from the "Poser 7 preorders are available soon" :lol: but it just gets better and better

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 8:17 AM

Quote - Played with it - LOVE IT! This will make creating morphs easier and loads more fun.

The big question people are asking is:

Does it work on just the Poser Characters or will it work on the Unimesh Figures as well????

DR

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

Jcleaver ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 11:11 AM

I would think it would work on any figure.  Whether it be human or building, or prop, or what have you.  It works on a mesh, or so I take it.  Could make for some interesting variations on a lot of things.

krazik ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 11:37 AM · edited Thu, 16 November 2006 at 11:40 AM

You guys are too funny.  It only works on figures (and props) that work in poser ;)

-Ry
ef/cp

AnAardvark ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 1:07 PM

Quote - I would think it would work on any figure.  Whether it be human or building, or prop, or what have you.  It works on a mesh, or so I take it.  Could make for some interesting variations on a lot of things.

It will certainly make drag-queen renders easier, and hunchbacks. And hunchback drag-queens.

AnAardvark ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 1:07 PM

Quote - I would think it would work on any figure.  Whether it be human or building, or prop, or what have you.  It works on a mesh, or so I take it.  Could make for some interesting variations on a lot of things.

It will certainly make drag-queen renders easier, and hunchbacks. And hunchback drag-queens.

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 2:14 PM · edited Thu, 16 November 2006 at 2:22 PM

And what Poser figure doesn't work in Poser: V3, or M3, or Aiko, or Stephanie Swift?
Maybe it's Hanna-Belle Licked-Her; ya know, the one who DIDN'T eat the brains?
DPH

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 2:29 PM · edited Thu, 16 November 2006 at 2:31 PM

I'm afraid I can't say much more than that I love it - NDA's and all that. It's a great addition to the software though and  Poser users will get tons of creative morphs out of it.

Edit: I can say that the fall off and radius  adjustment is a big help in making the morphs natural looking.

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 5:06 PM

Quote - Dale you can always save the resulting morph as an "oldfashoined"morph and dial it that way. In that respect, all morphs are animatable :o)

And WEEE! I was sold from the "Poser 7 preorders are available soon" :lol: but it just gets better and better

I should have said 'without giving the morphed figure a cr2 size to make fully loaded V3 jealous'. However, the idea of having a library of precreated morph effects to load and reuse sounds just as nifty.... ....y'know....this might be just the answer to a lot of things. Like creating custom morphs for the folding joints...or a morph that creates enough space at a joint to allow dynamic cloth to not get trapped. Furniture deformation that matches a specific character.... This one is a serious idea generator.... ;)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 7:21 PM

Quote - I should have said 'without giving the morphed figure a cr2 size to make fully loaded V3 jealous'.

Heh yeah true. However, I assume that P7 will continue along the route with external morphtargets, PMD's, and in that case it would be easy to do the morph, let Poser make you a PMD and use that. It can even be shared easily. AND it doesn't bloat the CR2.

(there are other possible problems with PMD's I know but in this case it seems like a good solution :o) )

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 8:56 PM

Looks like the Blacksmith Suite tools skinned down to bare-bones and installed in Poser.  I have Blacksmith Suite 2.2 now, and they function similiarly, if not indentical to what I saw.  P7 is starting to look pretty good, but I still have no real enthusiasism yet.  Enormous promise, though!  If useable in a SCENE, that would make it vastly superior to Blacksmith.  THAT would be worth the price of admission, all by itself!

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

Nvlonewulf ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 9:11 PM

"to pull conforming clothing out past protruding body parts"

I was wondering if it was for only the Poser figures but this would mean that any mesh including clothes could be worked on.  

So that has me sold. 

The only thing I don't procrastinate is procrastinating. That I do right away.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 4:37 AM

Quote - Looks like the Blacksmith Suite tools skinned down to bare-bones and installed in Poser.  I have Blacksmith Suite 2.2 now, and they function similiarly, if not indentical to what I saw.

My thoughts exactely :) Perhaps THAT was the real reason for the recent sale, the Blacksmith guys made?

Blacksmith3D still has some advantages, more brushes and the paint option, but yep. Poser is closing in on it, from that little video demonstration. It does appear to work in a similar fashion.

I'm a bit curious: What gives you the impression that it will NOT work in a scene?

Silke ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 5:17 AM

My preorder was in the day they announce P7.
I can only say that I've not had problems with any Poser release yet. They all took some getting used to, but hey... doesn't all software?
I was mercifully mainly spared the major bugs in P5 because I was still mainly using P4 but even when I did use P5 (and after about 6 months I used P5 exclusively) I didn't have much in the way of problems.

There. I've jinxed myself now. :)

Silke

Teyon ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 6:48 AM · edited Fri, 17 November 2006 at 6:53 AM

It works great in a scene, though how you intended to use it I'm not 100% sure.  It works on any object in the scene from my tests, so that's great.

Just as cool, though apparently overlooked:

Choose how you want to locate an object’s associated files. Poser 7’s Configurable File Search includes three levels of depth, Deep (for most extensive), Shallow or None, to give you the results you want – fast or comprehensive.

No more having to search for each and every texture map on a model or in a scene (unless you choose to do so), now Poser does the searching for you.

samcclung65 ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 7:50 AM

Yeah Teyon, Configurable Search was the one that finally got me to pre-order.  I hate it when I know where the texture is, but Poser keeps looking for 5-10 minutes before asking me where it is.

Scott

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 10:22 AM

This one sounds good.

Incidentally, Teyon, I'm surprised you're permitted by the NDA even to admit you're a beta tester. Beta testing programs are usually more secretive.

Teyon ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 11:15 AM

As long as I'm not divulging info before the company does or giving away trade secrets, it's okay, as you can't learn anything from just hearing a person is using it. :)

I'm also beta testing Silo 2 which is a really great app, though now that it's in Public beta, I can talk about the features without worry.

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 11:20 AM

EF has been givng beta's permission to speak about features as they come out. 

Gauree at DAZforums is a bt and he has given confirmation that it works on daz figures....and that the higher res the model the better...as it directly manipulates the mesh.

This is so cool...and the poser fairy delivered money.  So I'll preorder this weekend.

Tirjasdyn

whoopy2k ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 3:40 PM

Teyon, don't answer this if it breaks the NDA, but would you say that the last reason is the biggest reason so far?  I guess what i'm asking is, are they really hold back a blockbuster, or is it along the lines of what we've seen the last 6 weeks?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 4:25 PM

Which feature is the bestest and biggest depends on what you're using Poser for ,I think. For some this 6th reason was the best, for some the layered animation thingie was the best. For some, it was the multiple Undo thing.

For me, personally, it was the mere fact that there's a Poser 7... but then I'm easy :lol:

whoopy2k ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 6:02 PM

Yeah I'm sold already as well...  This already makes P6 look like a point release by compairson.  But still, I'm just wonding if the last reason is just something that will blow us all away.

belalarue ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 7:59 PM

Yey!!!!!!!!!!  finally an easy way to get away from those characters that cant seem to look like anything but Vicki!!!! where's my credit card????!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.