Mon, Sep 9, 7:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: OT~PLEA FOR HELP.....

originalkitten ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2006 at 5:46 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 6:45 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

Hi everyone :O)

First of all thanks for reading. 

My friends 16 year old daughter is campaigning to raise awareness about dogs that are brought up badly by owners. Not your usual cruelty thing though. These dogs are brought up to fight. Therefore these dogs get a bad name for themselves and yet they, with the right owners, are very loving animals. She has a dog who is pure bred American pitbull and omg he is the most docile dog you have ever seen. Here are some family pics of him..His name is Storm  http://pic1.piczo.com/stefani1990/?g=26376073

The link below is a link to my friends site. It is very gruesome and very graphic and upsetting. If you don't want to see the page then I understand but she is collecting signatures. If she gets 100 signatures she gets to go on a tv show here, in the UK,  called "the Paul O Grady Show" http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/P/paulogrady/  which is a tv show that is shown around 5pm and is light hearted and fun but also does animal campaigns. She has spoken to the producer and they have said if she gets 100 sigs or more then she can go on the show.

You may have to refresh the page but a lil red and black box comes up which you just put your name and comment in.....but as I said....the pictures are very graphic.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

http://pic1.piczo.com/stefani1990/?g=27119737 

I don't want this to turn into a debate about dogs thread. If you don't want to sign then just please don't. I totally understand. 
Ty :O)

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2006 at 6:48 PM

I'm sorry, but from your description I can't go to that page. I am too sensitive and just your description has upset me.  I'd be upset for days if I saw the pictures :(

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

originalkitten ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2006 at 6:51 PM

That's ok hun I totally understand. and btw....love your signature xox

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 12:38 AM

Thanx for posting about this, a most evil past time, well past it's time in my books. No room for such EVIL behavior in a civilized society. My sig is there....

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

UVDan ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 12:40 AM
Forum Moderator

I would love to sign, but there is no such petition showing in my firefox.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

BrokenAngel9 ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 12:50 AM

the poor dogs....signed.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 1:36 AM

I signed, sigs are at 69 now. Those poor, poor sweet dogs :sad:

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 3:27 AM

That is just sooooo wrong. I couldn't look at half those pics. People that do that to animals should be put behind bars or subjected to the same thing,

Signed

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

DarkReflections ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 5:07 AM

Signed it hun. I'll be passing the link along to friends too.

dark reflections
from a twisted mind

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 6:21 AM

Ty so much everyone....I cant thank you enough xox

logansfury ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 6:26 AM

I couldnt even look at those pictures. Id probably find it easier to look at pictures of the people responsible for this sin in the conditions of the dogs in the few pics I couldnt avoid seeing when the page loaded :(

Found the signature/comment module as quickly as I could, signed, commented and closed the page. Wow.

I wish your daughter all the luck in the world in having an impact on this horrible situation. Im happy to be able to help her achieve her goal of 100 sigs.

Gonna pour myself a stiff drink now, my  ulcer will just have to deal with it. 

yeeeeeeeeeeeesh.....how the crap does our race survive itself I gotta wonder sometimes :(

whbos ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 8:41 AM

I believe in an "eye for an eye."  Anyone who does this to animals or people, should have the same thing done to them.  I think the laws are too lax.  Whoever is behind this cruelty should be tortured slowly to death or fed to a pack of wild dogs at feeding time.

Signed it, and good luck.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

sweetpegster ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 8:47 AM

Signed it, I wish her the best of luck with this, I volunteer with a dog rescue group and it is just heartbreaking what humans due, between puppy mills and dog fighting.

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 9:01 AM

I work with a Dog Rescue Group in my area. I've seen Dogs that would break your heart from whats been done to them.
we try to find them a home or in some cases, just somewhere to live out their last few days.

on any given weekend, there are roughly 40 - 80 'Transports' - Dogs are moved from place to place by volunteers, each taking a 'leg' of the journey-  going on in our area by various rescue groups. My Wife regurlay transports dogs on a leg of their journeys while I handle the 'Tech Support; for the group and assist in dog handling.

infact our 2 Hounds 'Billy' and 'Smiley' are Rescues.

When my Wife Sandi first met Billy (Harrier Hound), he was at a 'No Kill' Shelter in London, Ontario. he had ear infections, his fur was hanging off and while the staff there treated him with all kindess, they had given up on him finding a home due to his fear of humans, while we have no details, we know that he had been beaten. that was 5 years ago... now Billy is a healthy gentle hound who is a delight to know and one of the most intelligent dogs I've ever met. Sandi never gave up on her "Soul Puppy" and now they are inseperable.

Smiley (Treeing Walker Hound) on the other hand was never abused.. but abandoned after he failed to be a hunting dog. Being afraid of loud noises, he runs the other way and hides... he spent 6 months at a shelter in Ohio before being inducted into the Prisoner Dog Program for 90 days after which he was returned to the Shelter.  Unfortunatley, no one wanted him and when the group found him he was 2 days away from being euthanised. They asked us to take him, to which we agreed to do, so long as he and Billy got along.

they are now Packmates and Smiley is a joy and now my Soul Puppy ;)

lemur01 ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 11:28 AM

Not that i don't support what you are trying to do, but why is this in the poser forum and not the community forum?

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 12:02 PM

lem, the poser forum is the most-read forum here. any O.T. messages will get the most exposure here. and best of luck with the petition. I've seen the way these animals are treated, and just about every day I also see the results: attacks on cats, dogs, children and the elderly, sometimes fatal, by a family pet that nobody monitored closely enough for signs of viciousness.

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 12:32 PM

I posted in here really cause it's the forum I go in and know the most people from.....never thought about the community one lol....and thanks again everyone I know Stephanie (my friends daughter) will be over the moon at the response.

Neyjour ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 1:28 PM

Thanks for posting this orginalkitten.  Those photos are horrific and truly heartbreaking, but I made myself look at each and every one of them.  Anything that helps spread awareness of this disgusting 'sport' gets my signature.  I'm going to pass this around to friends and family.

Pitbull fighting used to be very popular in the Bahamas (Nassau).  I haven't heard much about it in the last 10 years or so since I've been away from home, but I'm sure it still goes on to some extent. 

What kind of sick, twisted mind could enjoy something like this?  Like whbos, I'm a firm believer that the punishment should fit the crime.  People that participate in this type of thing should be slowly tortured and then put down with a bullet in the head.

"You don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

Neyjour ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 2:26 PM

I just sent out a mass email to everyone in my address book, so there should be some more signatures posted soon.

I was reading through the comments and had a thought...once your friend's daughter has 100 genuine (and coherant) signatures, she might want to think about weeding out the 'rubbish'...or even start doing it now.  It would look much better for when the producers of the show visit the site.  Plus, they won't have to wade through all that nonsense when they count signatures.

"You don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

UVDan ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 2:43 PM
Forum Moderator

I finally got the petition to show and I signed.  Will the people who only put their web nicknames be counted?  I used my real name, just to be sure that it is counted.

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 3:51 PM

Ty everyone and yes web names will be counted as it registers ips. I think the tv show just wants acknowledgement that people do want this to stop. Tyvm again xox

bjt860 ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 5:14 PM

I've signed.   I must admit I'm not a big fan of pitbulls, but that is just sooo wrong.   They don't deserve to be treated like that.  Each and every owner that does that to those poor dogs should be tortured.  

jartz ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 5:26 PM

Such sad, heartbreaking images, so I couldn't help myself and signed the petition last night.  Thanks for sharing this and I hope it helps in bringing out this awareness. 

Take care,

Jay Batch

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

UVDan ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 7:10 PM
Forum Moderator

I agree that Pitbulls are not the problem.  It is the cruel and sadistic owners who are to blame.  There used to be a Pitbull up the block from me who got out on a regular basis and came over.  At first I was afraid, until I saw he was wagging his tail.  He turned out to be friendly in the extreme and was a fun little dog to play with.  Another time I was out walking my dog when a pit bull came flying over the top of a six foot tall cinder block fence.  I stood as tall as I could and ran up to him and yelled at him and called him a bad dog and told him to go home.  That did the trick and my dog and I walked on by.

webmaster421 ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 2:56 PM

I signed. What haunting, heart-wrentching photos...

At the two local shelters we have here, hands-down, the breeds I see the most are Pitbulls followed by Rottweilers. Folks are afraid of these breeds and I imagine they are the ones that are most frequently euthanized.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT>>>

From UVDan's post: "At first I was afraid, until I saw he was wagging his tail."

--> Just a note to anyone who runs into an unknown loose dog: A wagging tail does not always mean friendliness! If a dog's tail is wagging low and quickly swishing back and forth, the dog is in a happy, playful mood. However, if the dog's tail is high up, above his hips and wagging or intermittently wagging, be very careful. This is a warning wag that says, "I am checking you out and if I don't like you or you make me nervous, I may bite you!"

shg0816 ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 4:39 PM

As a breeder, I am appalled (but not surpised), that things like this happen (I want to include puppy mills here too).

LOL....For once, I am at a loss for words....

I want to make sure everyone doesn't lump these types of events with the concientious breeders.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.