Sun, Sep 22, 9:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: DELETE CRASH ON RIGGED CHARACTERS IN MODELLING ROOM

ZIKEO ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2006 at 5:57 AM · edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 8:10 PM

HI,
I'm having a problem in the modelling room.
After deleteing an area that is now superfluous to the model in the modelling room and returning to the assembly room, CARRARA crashes.
I've tried removing the shader domain and bones, then deleteing. And it still crashes.
Any ideas?

ANGER. IS THE BEAST WITHIN.

nomuse ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2006 at 4:03 PM

New to me. Send it in to DAZ. Except....due to changes in what Carrara decides is a "legal" or "illegal" mesh, it might be possible to delete certain faces or edges in such a way as to create a mesh that Carrara will no longer permit to exist. When you say "delete an area" is this "area" a detached polymesh, or is it still connected to the rest of the mesh?

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2006 at 5:01 PM

You may have to export your scene into pieces and then re-import the pieces into a new scene in case your scene's original CAR file is corrupted.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

ZIKEO ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2006 at 5:42 PM

Thanks guys
More info -
The model is a manga girl type thing. I skinned her then copy and paste'd sections of her mesh to create some basic clothes. The new mesh retained the skinning details, and was easy to add to and adjust.
The jacket is fine, and works well.
The panties though are another matter. I only want to get shot of them because they show up in the non-photo rendering. even when they are fully transparent.  AND they don't move well with her.
I've made a lot of morphs for her and the skinning is possible close to the best I've achieved so far.
Don't realy fancy skinning her again. I've tried removing the bones and deleteing.
Did not work.
I'm gonna have a look at an earlier save, and see how far back it is.

Thanks again

ANGER. IS THE BEAST WITHIN.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.