Tue, Oct 22, 9:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: Help with Customizing Clothing

eaglecop ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2001 at 8:51 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 9:20 PM

Attached Link: http://the-internet-eye.com/HOWTO/2000/aug00/CustomPoserC/default.htm

I just tried to Customize a piece of clothing following this Tutorial (see link). But when I tried to save it as a plain text file in Wordpad, it saved it just as that (a text file). The tutorial states that when I try to rename it in my windows explorer I will get a pop up warning, but I did not recieve one. When I tried to use it in Poser, Poser would not read it. Anyone have any ideas or any suggestions as to what text editor to use? Thanks in advance eaglecop

Fornit ( ) posted Mon, 30 April 2001 at 12:35 AM

I'd say that the most likely reason it didn't give you a warning about changing the file extension is because you might not have. Windows 95/98/ME, all default to hiding the file extension for a file, the .txt, .exe, or, .cr2, .pz3, etc... So if these are still hidden and you try to change the file extention of a file that just shows up as 'filename' and its really 'filename.txt' but windows isnt showing the .txt, then you get filename.cr2.txt or whatever, which still shows up in windows and poser as a .txt file. If you're using windows 98 or ME you can change this option by clicking on start, going to settings, and folder options, then click on the tab that says "view" and take the check out of the box that says "hide file extensions for known file types" In windows 95, I can't recall exactly where it is, but you should be able to get to it by opening Windows explorer, and clicking on view and going to options, you should be able to get to the same general 'folder options' window there. Hope this helps Fornit

-renapd- ( ) posted Mon, 30 April 2001 at 7:58 AM
Site Admin

That's exactly the case! :o) Unless you change the txt extension to cr2 there's no way this will work..so configure your Operating system accordingly as Fornit suggests in full detail! Thanks for that Fornit! :o)

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.