Tue, Oct 1, 5:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Dymantic clothing.

Lord_Garland ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 9:55 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 7:58 PM

I keep trying but no matter what I do skin breaks though the cloth.I am useing James making a standard 30 frame walk. No matter what skin will break though somewhere. I have looked at the tutoirals and usermanual to no use.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you all for your time.

Have a wonderfulday.

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 10:23 PM

I jut had same problem last evening with my own DC.  I discovered that although in zero pose, the cloth covers the figure, when in the final simulation pose, the knees break through.

Of course I had used the Collide Against options, so that shouldn't have happened.

Then I went back to the zero pose, deleted all the simulations, and adjusted the x-y-z scaling of the DC to be slightly larger fit over the figure, ran all the simulations again, and no more poke-through.

Eternal Hobbyist

Lord_Garland ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 11:56 PM

That didn't seem to fix the problem. However while I was playing around with the scales I found a option under the object information called "Dynamics". Playing a little with this opition seems to allow me to fix the problem.

The scaleing helped but I think this might be the silver bullet.

I got Poser 7 on preorder...... must...waiiiiiiiiiiiiiit....

I'd like to thank you a whole lot

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 12:02 AM

I've found that if the dynamics settings are set to have fold resistance very low, the cloth can kink to the point where it starts to show holes.  Higher fold resistance is safer, but it doesn't allow the cloth to rumple up as much as you might like.

Using cloth made out of triangles instead of quads is generally going to give you better results too (the builtin Hi-Rez Square prop is made out of quads, i.e. it sucks).

My Freebies

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 9:57 AM

Good points, Tagavoga and pjz99.  I, too need to keep these tips in mind.  I used a preset cloth so, indeed, I should play around with the cloth settings more.    And I shall try to export my meshes with three points instead of four - if that is possible with Shade and Hexagon, that is....

Eternal Hobbyist

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 10:58 AM

I have Hexagon :)  Looks like Triangulate Non-Planar Facets is the function you want in Hexagon (I've no idea really, but that's what it looks like from reading the manual).  Page 215 in the PDF manual.

My Freebies

diolma ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 1:45 PM

You may also want to play around with the collision offset and collision depth.
Especially, increasing the collision depth - that effectively starts the collision calculations further away from the figure, so starts moving the cloth earlier.

Also, you could try increasing the steps per frame (at the cost of longer computation time)..

Cheers,
Diolma

Quest ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 3:41 PM · edited Fri, 01 December 2006 at 3:47 PM

I would concur with Diolma. Bring those two settings to 1.5 or 2. Also, it sometimes helps to increase the cloth scale a little, something between 105-110% in the first frame of the animation and at the frame of the final pose have the cloth scale back down to 100% again at the cost of computational time. When doing this make sure the cloth isn't breaking through at any point you may need to reposition the prop in the first frame. Another factor is playing around with the constraining vertices such as at the waist or the collar or around the rib area.

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 8:12 PM

^^ I should have mentioned that, it's one of the first things in PhilC's cloth tutorial video.  Good catch.

My Freebies

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 9:18 PM

I find that for female figures, pants don't fall off as easily as for male figures, probably becasue of the curvier hips.  I've had to assigned constrained vertices to male pants to prevent the embarassing from happening.  While annoying, the result is also somewhat humorous.

Eternal Hobbyist

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.