Thu, Oct 3, 1:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Poser 6, Alien visitation, and the walk designer/bvh.

UVDan ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 2:47 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 1:26 AM
Forum Moderator

**Here is a small animation I made in Poser 6 with the walk designer and the Sixus1 Grey Alien and the cute alien Ralph from the3dzone.  I have noticed when using the Grey Alien with the walk designer or bvh files that the fingers distort horribly.  I would like to get the Sixus1 Grey Alien to boogie on down to some bvh dance files, but the fingers distort quite badly.  Is there a fix?  Will I have to zero out the finger joints for every single frame of a 300 frame bvh animation?  Note that this animation here has minimal distortion because I used rather mild settings in the walk designer.  BTW I love each of these aliens and plan on using them alot.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

cryptojoe ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 9:09 PM

Cool Dan!

Enough screwing around now, get back to work!

Yank My Doodle, It's a Dandy!

UVDan ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 11:48 PM
Forum Moderator

Thanks Joe.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 12:10 AM

The walk designer poses were designed specifically for figures other the Grey.  The joint parameters for its fingers probably vary a bit from the norm.

You need not zero the fingers for every frame.  You can simply delete all the finger keyframes at once, using the animation palette, then manually pose the fingers at key points along the timeline.  When you're done, save a pose (fingers only) to the library for future use.

UVDan ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 2:00 AM
Forum Moderator

Thank you Little_Dragon!  You have saved me much work.  I am assuming that the same technique works on bvh animations as well?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 7:40 PM

Yes.

I'd have suggested locking the hands or fingers, also, but Poser doesn't seem to obey locks nearly as well as one would expect.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.