Wed, Sep 18, 5:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Problem w Antialias

regaltwo ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 8:16 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 8:29 PM

file_361225.jpg

Hi.  This is a still from a bit of animation I'm doing.  I'm having the character walk though the animated alpha plane fire, but I've noticed that no matter what setting I use, she looks a bit jagged.  Has anybody else seen this w Vue5I?  Is there something I can do?

LMcLean ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 12:24 AM

If I understand you correctly the fire is an alpha plane and the character is an imported model? If the character is an alpha plane, then maybe the resolution is set too low. Try 300 dpi for the alpha plane, or try upping the render quality of the animation.

sittingblue ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 4:15 PM

If the anti-aliasing is turned off for the background material, then foreground material will not have anti-aliasing where the two materials connect.

Charles

keenart ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 10:59 PM

Sometimes I use backlight to smooth the edges.  

Use a Spotlight and cast color the same as the fire on the back of the figure and the color will blend the edges if done right.  You will have to move the spotlight around to get the best blend.  I sometimes use as many as three or even six lights.

jankeen.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.