Sat, Sep 21, 4:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Combining Poser and Bryce?

Don ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 1:32 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 6:56 PM

How does one combine a Poser scene with Bryce skies and landscapes? I am new to Bryce but experienced in Poser. Are the Poser figures/scenes exported into Bryce for rendering? Or, are Bryce skies and terrains imported into Poser for rendering? I have searched Arcana and the RO tutorials without find anything on this topic.

tom271 ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 2:53 AM

the Poser scenes or fiqures are imported into Bryce..  I should point out the Bryce has attached to it Studio...   Studio is like Poser.. you can look at it as a small Poser...  Mini Posrer;-)

you can take some of poser stuff in Studio and then pass it on to Bryce with a single mouse click..

not everything can go into studio... but a hell of a lot can....  lots of the downloads from Daz for Poser can go into Studio    So.. Studio or Poser to Bryce...  not the other way....

might seem to contradict the ubove but  Bryce has it;s own natural objects. (not talking obp file) you can export those natural objects in Obj file format...  and as you know Poser can import obj files...  but that is the limit....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UVDan ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 3:16 AM · edited Sat, 02 December 2006 at 3:17 AM
Forum Moderator

When exporting from Poser to Bryce, I just make sure that all my texture jpgs are copied into the folder where the Poser obj files are exported to.  Bryce may ask you for the location of these files when you import your obj files into Bryce, but just show Bryce where the textures are and there will be no problem.  I do not have hard drive space to install Daz Studio, so I just go from Poser to Bryce as mentioned.  Be aware that you will not be able to use procedural textures from Poser or Displacement in Bryce.  You will have to use jpgs.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Phantast ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 4:38 AM

Attached Link: My Home Page

Tutorials at the link.

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 4:35 PM · edited Sun, 03 December 2006 at 4:36 PM

or, you can render a 'background' in Bryce, and import background in Poser. I do it all the time. Just match lighting directions, colors, and levels in Poser with what they were in Bryce, and they blend..and thanks to Doc Geep for pointing this out to me in the 1st place..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 10:11 AM

Grouper helps with moving poser files to bryce without daz studio....castironflamingo.com

You can use bryce procedurals in bryce once you've imported them.

Tirjasdyn

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.