Fri, Sep 20, 3:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Rendering over night with Vue 6

bushy ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 12:48 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:42 PM

For the last to nights I have left my PC on overnight to complete a render - only to find in the morning Vue 6 has closed itself and I cannot find the render anwhere. Has this happened to anyone else? As it never happened in Vue 4 or 5 - I use windows xp pro with 2gig of memory & a P43ghz cpu so shouldn't be any problems there...

John

keenart ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 1:11 PM

It happens to me when my monitor powers down.  I have to set everything so there is not a powerdown, and no screen saver as it uses the memory and causes a crash. 

jankeen.com

LMcLean ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 1:07 AM

Just turn the monitor off when rendering overnight.

keenart ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 7:53 AM

I have tried that and I still have to turn the Power Options to Never.

jankeen.com

LMcLean ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 11:38 AM · edited Tue, 05 December 2006 at 11:39 AM

Quote - I have tried that and I still have to turn the Power Options to Never.

Keenart, I totally agree. I always turn the power options off when downloading large files or rendering. I was speaking only of the monitor. Good tips here!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.