Sat, Sep 21, 6:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: What exactly fits the PRETEEN?

factor ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 6:10 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:30 AM

Hi ya all!

Sorry... I`ve searched a lot for this question, but didnt found anything.

I have my problems with CLOTHES+HAIR for the PRETEEN-Girl.
Are there only special build clothes for her, or is there a way to fit other clothes (like lets say from A3) on her???

And... by the way: Same trouble i have with clothes+hair for STEPHANIE.
Does A3-Clothes+hair fit on S3?

BIG thanx for a tip, Factor

Arien ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 8:47 AM

No, and no. Each figure has a distinct shape and different rigging, so out of the box, you can't fit conforming clothing from one onto the other.

Also, don't make the mistake of confusing Stephanie with Stephanie Petite 3, these are different figures. And don't confuse the Millenium PreTeen with Laura ("Young Teen"), as, again, these are different. Stephanie and the PreTeen were part of the second generation of the millenium figures, SP3 and Laura are part of the third generation, and although they share mapping and can share morphs and maybe poses to a certain extent, that's about it.
If you are talking about the original Stephanie, she shares JPs with Victoria 2 and 1, so any clothing that you see for her will be useful. Also, if you head over to AprilSYH's website, there is a remapped version there that can take V2's textures, because out of the box, she shares just Michael 2's and Aiko's (the ORIGINAL Aiko, not Aiko3 which is the popular one).

Dynamic clothing can be easy to move between characters, because there are no JPs involved. For conforming clothing, you will have to use a separate utility, like Wardrobe Wizard or Clothes Converter, and then your results will vary.

For hair, you can use one of Netherworks' hair fitting kits (free in his site); although most hair can be repositioned by hand and parented if it is a figure, so that's easy.

My store

factor ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 9:24 AM

Thank you Arien!
I`m a bit wiser now, cause i didnt knew all this!
I own Stephanie Petite 3 + Millenium PreTeen .

The problem with buying clothes is:
If i search for fitting clothes and type: "Stephanie Petite 3 clothes" i did not get exact things...
If i type "S3 clothes" then i think the problem you mentioned will take effect.

Anyway.... many thanks for the great answer.
Factor

Arien ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 9:34 AM

no, what you need to do is search for SP3.

The original Stephanie is just Stephanie, no "3" attached. Stephanie Petite 3 is the one you have. When searching for clothes, you might also find her reffered to as SP3, or S3P.

For the Millienium PreTeen, you should also look for stuff marked "millenium girls"; the clothes are not compatible between each of them, but usually the type of clothing and size should tell you which of the girls it will fit. Besides, you already have the preschooler anyway, so you'd still be able to use the clothing if you make a mistake when downloading the freebies or purchasing.

My store

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 10:36 AM

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 3:00 PM

wrong..

If you have wardrobe wizard...everything fits the preteen.

Tirjasdyn

ialora ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 3:45 PM

"The Tailor" is another app that's designed to make clothes for one figure fit another.  I believe it's still avilable at DAZ.  Although, I've heard that Wardrobe Wizard does a better job or it.

Irene-

Arien ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 5:53 AM

Quote - wrong..

If you have wardrobe wizard...everything fits the preteen.

Which is why my original post says clearly

"For conforming clothing, you will have to use a separate utility, like Wardrobe Wizard or Clothes Converter, and then your results will vary."

My store

dstephany ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 8:07 PM

I'd like to jump in on this discussion because I've worked ALOT in this area, particularly with Laura. The main problem I've seen is mainly when it comes to things such as bras, bikini tops or other such clothing items and I believe its simply due to the fact that Victoria is so much more "developed" then poor Laura.

Other then that, its quite true that any clothing item can be easily converted from Victoria to Laura using the Wardrobe Wizard. For things like skirts and pants, even underwear it works great! I would say definitely if it wasn't for the problem with bras it would probably be a perfect solution.

I will say this that the problems I'm describing probably could be fixed using magnets and even PhilC has indicated this but lacking the skill in this area has been a added problem for me.

All the best!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.