Sun, Sep 22, 11:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Poser 7 Party on Second Life

laslov ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 11:17 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 9:23 AM

Hi everyone,

Join Us on Second Life for the Poser 7 Preview Party!

Mark your calendars for December 14, 2006, 6 PM PST (9 PM EST), to learn more about Poser 7, direct from e frontier! Uli Klumpp, Director of Product Development at e frontier, will talk about Poser 7’s highlights and answer questions from attendees at the party. Plus, meet others and have fun exploring the virtual world of Second Life.

Membership on Second Life is free. If you’re not a member already you will need to register and set up your avatar in advance to attend our party. All attendees will get a free virtual T shirt and free virtual drinks! But please note that space is limited to 270 attendees, so get there early. See you there!

For registration details, please visit www.e-frontier.com/go/poserparty or e-mail me: laslo@e-frontier.com

Laslo Vespremi
Director of Strategic of Marketing

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 11:29 AM

No thnx !  what i whould like it so GET my Boxed Version when its released ...
Nothing was mentioned when i pre order my P7 copy about a later release of the boxed version.
First give the people who order a boxed version something to sheer about
So im NOT in a Party mood ...

C.G.

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

laslov ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 6:04 PM

Hi Bar-code,

No problem - even though it is an unique experience and an industry first! 
There are advantages and disadvantages:
The disadvantage of having a Poser 7 party on Second Life is that people need to register, set up an avatar and become familiar with walking, flying and getting around in SL.
The advantage is that appearing as a 3D avatar can be particularly appealing to Poser folks who are constantly in a 3D world. In SL you can also cutomize your avatar, dress it up in different garments and even endove it with specific walk styles (not to mention dance moves:-)
So, there's a pro and con to all this.
If you changed your mind, I will buy you a (virtual) drink at the party. Deal?
Best,
Laslo
laslo@e-frontier.com

laslov ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 10:16 AM

I should also mention that if you go to the party location early (like today), you can already pick up your FREE Poser 7 T-shirt. It is in the big shopping bag right to the entrance at Seongsil.
Laslo

Tiari ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 2:07 PM

I have second life, its so lag-o-liscious I gave up after three days.

iggy23 ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 2:23 PM

gah, and I was trying to cut down on my SL usage to get more art done.. lol

laslov ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 4:23 PM · edited Sat, 09 December 2006 at 4:23 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, profanity, violence

...as long as you people are not too negative:-)
Join the party!
Laslo

laslov ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 6:10 PM

There's another thing; many of the 2 million SL residents are also Poser users. They use Poser to create clothing and other items they sell on SL. In fact, you can download the SL base figures and open them directly in Poser, they're in CR2 format.
Laslo

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 7:57 AM

Probably won't be getting poser 7 since I preordered and the bank released the hold on the money and since I thought I had more I bought something else, so when they hit my acct for the money it will not go through. I hate this preorder crap. So no, I won't be at your party.

UVDan ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 8:56 AM
Forum Moderator

Good luck with the party.  I hope it is a huge success.  I am sure that I will be setting aside the dough for Poser 7 sometime this year.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 11:42 AM

Make sure you take lots of photos (or screenshots ?) for those of us that can't be there to look at later.

CobraEye ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 11:48 AM · edited Sun, 10 December 2006 at 11:49 AM

How interesting and cool.  Thanks for the invite.

laztspark ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 12:49 PM

went there looked around and even joined secon life but they want to much personal info so I said th well something with it I wont be going to that party. If I miss out my tough luck. I will abide by my decision unless i see something different.

laslov ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 1:23 PM

I think much of the info is not mandatory. I joined with a minimum of info - no problem.
Laslo

rowan_crisp ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 2:07 PM

Long-time user of both Poser and SL here.

laztspark, no need to give any info.

~Coyote Momiji ISL

iggy23 ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 4:15 PM

file_362013.jpg

Well OK, I'm spreading the message inworld. And yeah, this is one occasion I can say I've been there and got the T-shirt ;)

(I use Poser for making anims and previewing SL clothes. Its slight overkill, but since lots of people already use it...)

Alisa ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 5:59 PM

I am so lost there - I got to the area, but how do you get the tshirt?

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

laslov ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 6:15 PM

Hi Iggy,

Looking good on location!!! I can't say enough about our partners Soren, Gardinya and the others who made set up the rooms, set up the mirror locations, the audio and much more.
Seems like SL people are really "in" and "with it":-)
Laslo

iggy23 ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 8:24 PM

ok, if anyone signs up and is completely baffled or lost, use the search function (the button at the bottom of the screen) to look me up : Niamh Suisei - and I'll drop by and give you a hand. Well, as long as its not like 10 mins before the launch party, cos I don't want to miss it ;)

laslov ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 6:18 PM · edited Fri, 15 December 2006 at 6:19 PM

Everyone,

Thanks for making the Poser 7 Launch party such success!
Yesterday about 120 users celebrated the Poser 7 launch on Second Life, danced, chatted, had virtual drinks and listened to Uli's slide show and in general had a great time.
Guest of honors were Sato-san, e-frontier's CEO and Catherine Smith, VP of Public Relations at Second Life.
We will publish a more detailed account of the party with images, the slides and more next week.
Thanks everyone!
Laslo
poserparty1.jpg

CobraEye ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 9:09 PM

You are very welcome.  It was a lot of fun and I met a lot of cool people. I also learned a lot.  It was a great idea.

laslov ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 10:22 AM

Me think, why not make this a regular thing? There were lots of suggestions: Poser Temple, Poser Island, Poser Galleries, etc.
It would be nice to hang out together from time to time, exchange ideas, take in master classes from the best artists and so on.
Any other ideas?
Laslo

artistheat ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 11:20 AM

I guessed I missed it darn!

laslov ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 11:26 AM

There's going to be a next time - soon. Stay tuned.
Laslo

artistheat ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 12:42 PM

Many of us who order the box set are not receiving it until next week.Some of us in the beginning of next week and others at the end of next week so I hope they take that into consideration.Giving every body enough time to explore P7 and get familiar with it....:)

laslov ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 12:44 PM

No problem there. I am thinking more along the lines of February or so...
Laslo

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.