Mon, Sep 9, 4:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Vue 6 prerelease issues reports

martinjfrost ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2006 at 6:02 PM

Well. just to add my two penneth, ive got  v6infinate, and i have noticed the odd random crash, which i have to say i just put down to it being buggy...i remember the same thing happening with vue 5 when it wa released, and the fixed by the service release.
Ive had no probs with any of my plants/objects, it tseems to be happy with all of them, i find it a little odd that it puts its fileing system in to my documents...but hey its easier to navigate too that way, and im assuming that there must be a way to put it on another drive as you can with poser librarys, this will save a huge amout of space .
I have to run these programes off a note book because i work on ships a great deal so my equipment has to be portable, and i have had no probs with vue 5 infinate or poser 6 running on my machine, however i  have noticed that vue 6 inf seems to be incredibly slow!! NO i know that it will be slower running on a note book than on something more chunky, however even given this it seems to be very slow!
I love the idea of being able to use the poser textureing system and pose figures with in the applications as this will make things a great deal less time consuming for me , and it also seems that you can imort a poser scene, and move the bits and peices around with in it individualy with out too much trouble which is again a vast improvement!
I hope that these rediculus copyright issues with plants are resolved and my one biggest wish in the future is that the programme has more basic plants shipping with it, certainly those which some of us payed good moneyt for in vue four, such as the orange tree, the walnut, and yucca, which we find we now have to purchace.....for those of us who upgrade regularly this eems to be a little harsh, and also a rather cheap way of making revenue from loyal customers.
All in all i have always come back to vue rather than any of the other software out there as i think it is an amazing tool which by far produces the best results around!!
So fingers xxxed that thesre bugs are squished in a timley manner and that the proper version is avalible for us all soon!!

Brian S. ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2006 at 10:45 PM

Hello, I just got my Vue6 via link from my mail. Only thing is I just can't get it to take the serial numbers to work at all. The one from the email is "Suppose" to work but it tells me it needs the serial from vue5 infinite. Couldn't get those to work either.

Anyone have any ideas of what to do to get it running.

agiel ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2006 at 11:22 PM

Search the forum for serial number issues and look at the FAQ (link in the forum header). People reported issues with '0' characters in serial numbers - you should copy/paste the serial number from your confirmation email for these to work.

Brian S. ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 4:40 PM

I've tried that, didn't work. Then it told me it needed V5inf serial number and then wouldn't accept it as a serial either.
Matbe I'm just not doing something right.
I've been in contact with E-on on few problems, that they got fixed up rather quickly. So I hope maybe they can figure something out.

archaeo ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 12:47 PM

Does anyone else have problems importing obj or lwo files in vue 6 infinite prerelease? The latest update is installed. I am running the version on an athlon in 32 bit mode with windows xp and 2 gbyte ram. I am new to vue but tested the import functions in the vue 5 pro trial and it worked.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 12:57 PM

Not as of yet archaeo :)

archaeo ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 1:09 PM

I cannot believe that I am the only one... :(
...hope for eons' support team.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 1:44 PM

I've read reports where others are having trouble - so you aren't the only one unless it was you I saw posting at EON.  As far as lwo goes, I bet it has something to do with the verison number.  The LWO stuff I have was made in 7 & below, if that helps.  If it has to with textures not importing on LWO - then over at CGTalk - IvanB has written a tutorial that helps out with that problem :)

archaeo ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 5:14 PM

I've tested the files from the ExtraCD, bridge.lwo, Angelfish.obj, Cupidon.obj and vue crashed without warning. I had some success with a single Object in an obj file so I cannot say the importer isn't working at all, but more complex files didn't work that were loadable in the previous version of vue. I made a lot of tests befor I decided to buy this software and I hope they will get this fixed.
@dlk30341: Thanks for the hint to the tutorial. I am trying to import objects that were modelled in blender (blender.org) and the obj format seemed to work. I can export to lwo from blender but yes, without textures, so I will have a look at the tutorial.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 5:54 PM · edited Sun, 26 November 2006 at 6:08 PM

I'll test those files archaeo - I haven't scoped out the content(I have from prior versions)so haven't felt the need.  But I will & get back to you here.  COuld be tomorrow at latest :)

Edited:  The bridge crashed in V6I - error MSVCR80.dll( I get this error notification 99% of the time when Vue crashes for whatever reason), the fish imported ok.  I was able to import the bridge into Vue5I successfully.

archaeo ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 9:06 AM

Did you change any import settings in vue to load the fish? What else colud be different with my installation?

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 9:25 AM

Nope, didn't change a thing.  Just plain import :)  I did report this to EON by the way.  Strange thing is I can import other .lwo stuff with no problems.

pacman323 ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 3:03 PM · edited Wed, 29 November 2006 at 3:04 PM

HELLO

i would like to know if someone have the same probleme of me
because for the moment i can't have more one millions polygones and i can't have 2 characters from poser on a scene i am so disappointed :((
do you have any idea of when they are going to correct this probleme because with vue 5I you can do that :) i hope the solution arrive quick
thx

Manu

iloco ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 3:42 PM

Vue 6 likes a lot to be up to par with vue 5INF.  I was able to crash it with one pz3 model today where Vue 5 loaded it without any problems.

It being the prerelease lets e-on off the hook when people start to complain about it not working as some think it should.
 Hang in there is about all one can do and hope for some good updates to make it better.

ïÏøçö

Lyne ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 11:15 PM

file_360963.jpg

I read as much of the pdf as I could (and hey, is the quick start Flash tutorial not in vue 6 yet??) - trying to find out why my vue 6 is so sluggish on my high end machine...

picture shows my ONE figure on a simple terrain with a few eco items and water...as soon as I bring her in, (no animation stuff, no frames, no shaders etc.) she is "solid" mesh red and moves sooo slowly, an all the 4 views update one at a time! I had already turned off any Open GL and even the background draw.... why would a brand new scene with one poser figure NOT ATTACHED TO ANY POSER cause such a slow down... AND...

THE PDF says there is beyond "wireframe" a choice of "wireframe BOX"... there is not.... I am USED to seeing NOTHING but a bare outline or dots in vue 5...and would be happy with fast posing and positioning and the views updating as they do in vue 5....but ....??  Is this an issue or is there something I have not set up right?

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

DigReal ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 5:17 PM

Hey there, Lyne!  Don't know if relating my own experiences with V6 will help you , but here's what I've observed so far.

For Poser figures, V6i seemed to behave much like V5i... that is, I could load up 3 to 5 DAZ mil3 figures in both, with both getting very sluggish at 3 figures (sluggishness varies depending on how much xfrog stuff is in there). I'm running a dual processor/dual core AMD machine.

The other day I installed WinXP64 for a dual boot configuration,and then installed Vue64bit, and what a difference!  I only have 3GB of ram right now, but even that was enough to bring V6i to life. Of course, all the various bugs in V6i 32 bit are still there in 64 bit.... but my workflow is greatly improved. Needless to say, I'll be upping my ram very soon. :-)

If your machine is 64bit ready, give the WinXP upgrade some consideration.... while also considering that XP64 does have compatiblity issues with older software and drivers (Xfrog and Poser 6 both seem to work just fine under XP64, maybe even better).

Hope that helps!

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 7:45 AM

Ok here we go. Got my emails, got it downloaded. But when I try to enter the info into the window where you put the sn it will not copy paste and I can't enter it manully. Will accept only certain kbd keys, which are NOT the keys for the sn. Anyone else have this happen??? Too Weird. The beginning of the sn  VUE will not enter, and you can see it isn't my kbd since I just typed it here. Anyone know what is up with this?
Thanks,
Marque

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 7:47 AM

Please if anyone had any coffee PLEASE send it!!!!
Just noticed Vue is already there.....sigh
O.o
Off to play I hope!  Will my old plants and stuffage I bought work with this version if I bought them before they did the lock or unlocked versions?
Thanks,
Marque

MRX3010 ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 12:17 PM

Yeh I have an issue, I paid for the upgrade to Vue6 Pro Saturday night because I liked Vue5 Esprit so much and was DENIED the download today because according to someone at E-on my paypall payment wasn't received.  Thats interesting as we got an emidiate statement confirming E-on took our money the minute I ordered.  Im sure it's a misunderstanding on there part but I have been unsuccessful in any attempt at reaching a live individual to figure this out.  Im sory this sounds harsh but I am pretty upset as I needed the upgrade to finish a project but I missed that dead line today.  Has anyone else had this happen and if so how did you get it resolved.

Thanks,
Ron

MRX3010 ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2006 at 7:12 PM

Ok i got the program and installed today at last!  That's the good news.  Now I can't get it to run, that's the bad news.  I keep getting an error and when I view the error report I get a message stating a problem with this module or file "wintab32.dll" Anyone know what this means or what to do about it?   Im running XP Home edition on a dual core AMD Aththlon.  Vue 5 still opens and runs great but Pro Studio can't seem to make it out of the garage just yet.  Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Ron

MRX3010 ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2006 at 8:52 PM

Ok started to answer my own questions now.  If anyone else has this problem rename the file and Vue will work fine.  The only problem now is that the program can not find any content directory to load preset scenes and materials from.  Is this normal for now until the final version is released?

Lyne ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2006 at 10:47 PM

Vue 5 NEVER had a problem with ONE figure, on a simple terrain.... I have a bad back right now, and just will let 6 sit there and wait an update patch... I will not make my xp 64...too many old programs I NEED and should not have to do that just so vue 6 will move ONE figure about... my vue 5 always let me have at least two figures and only choked with more figures plus buildings... so must still be some wierd poser-vue stuff...I think I did hear that the connection between the two is not that great for dials etc, IN vue...and of course this is a PRE release...so will go off and enjoy vue 5...at least I am a registered owner of 6 now...so will get it all working as e-on does....wheather that is a day, month or year! ;)

hoppersan2000 ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 12:28 PM

Lyne,

Just a quick jump outside of the thread.  I just updated/upgraded to a XP 64bit system.  I was able to get almost all of my programs I use, Studio Max/Vue5inf/Poser6/Photoshop and even my online games to work in the 64 bit environment.  I do get the occasional BSOD, but it does allow me to use apps that I was afraid I would have to make a dual boot system to use.  I personally am holding out to Vue 6 comes out with the final edition.  Good luck to you all.

MRX3010 ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 8:17 AM

Vue 6 Pro

Found a bug. Im using 32bit WinXP Home on an AMD Athlon Dual Processor.
When I select objects and try to group them it crashes the program.

AppName: vue6.eon     AppVer 0.0.0.0   ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180     Offset: 00043345

Anyone else have this problem?

zonkerman ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 6:20 PM

I had many problems with the pre-release using Windows XP Pro 64 bit version on an AMD Athlon 64 FX-60, 4 gigs ram, 500 gigs drive space and Nvidia 3450 Quadro video card.  in regards with trying to make it work with poser 6 figures.  If I loaded a scene built with Vue 5 infinite into Vue 6 that previously had poser charactes and then tried to update any of the figures with poser or add a new one it would always crash.  Also, when making a new Vue 6 scene, after adding a poser 6 character if I changed it a certain number of times with poser and had vue autoupdate it would occasionally crash.  In the end I could not use it for regular work and had to resume using Vue 5 Infinite.  They said the problems I reported would be fixed when thefinal release was made available.  I hope so.  I was hoping to build more complex scenes with the 64 bit version. 

stamate_filip ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2007 at 8:04 AM

Anyone has problems with saving atmospheres? 

I have Vue 6 xStream (using it as stand-alone) and if I save an atmosphere and re-load it, it will look different than what I saved. Specifically the clouds look different, they change position and such... even though the settings in the atmosphere editor stay the same.
And even if I load one of the atmosphere the program comes with and I resave it without changing anything in it, it will still look different.

Thank you.

stamate_filip ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2007 at 10:10 AM

I also noticed that the sun position changes slightly, but this is not important. Putting it back where is should be doesn't help since the clouds will still look different.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2007 at 11:36 AM

How is Xstream? Bought the Vue6 inf but thinking about picking up the xstream since it will port into maya right? Has anyone who has bought it imported into maya?

Lyne ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 5:59 PM

Just FYI... after my son changed out my 2 gigs of ram for GOOD ram, my vue 5 is going GREAT and I can even use open gl in it if I want...but vue 6 CRASHED really bad with using open gl in it... so shut that back down. I also found out I have a 64 bit HARDWARE but a regular 32 bit winxp home on it... and it is still sluggish.... I do dip my hand in it once in a while but between its' bugs and my health and my huge backlog of stuff to install...well... !

zonkerman ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 7:23 PM

Hello Lyne.
I think you will get better performance configuration wise if you run XP 64 pro on your 64 bit hardware rather than a 32bit os version.  And if you put a 64 bit version of XP then might as well run with a total of 4 gigs ram (if your bios supports it)  since the 64 bit os can make use of it.  Especially since Vue 6 is 64 bit.  Myself, I am using an AMD Athlon FX 60 Dual Core with 4 gigs fast corseair ram, Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard, Nvidia Quadro 3450, and 500 gigs of raid 0 SATA.  This was a pricey config in the late part of 2005 but it runs very well. 

For better Open GL support I think you have to have a video card that says it is an Open GL card.  I use an NVidia Quadro 3450.  I'm not sure about the other NVidias that are high end game machines; those ones talk a lot about direct x support but not sure about open GL.

Unfortunately, even with all this in place I'd have to say that the pre-release version of Vue 6, which is the only version available now, is simply not production ready.  I think they released it just to let some of us see what it can or might do.  I have been able to get some really good images out of it and I can tell the rendering is better.  However, my success is only partial as I have several projects I had to move back to Vue 5 because Vue 6 would not handle.  But the ones Vue 6 did do worked well.

I think Vue 6 is going to be a very good product when the final commercial release is ready and so is worth waiting for.  I just wish we did not get the tease release first.  It should of been labeled as beta still.

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 12:17 AM

Eeeps! nooo not going to put xp 64 on my machine that is purring along sooo well with all my programs including vue 5... I think I will let e-on fix their software, not spend more money and possible problems FOR THEM...naaa... nooo.. :))  I am just glad I am now an "owner" of vue 6 for when it is "ready".... hopefully the price I paid will make the wait worth it...

My son replaced my ram... and says I have a REALLY good video card in here...that can take some of the resources FOR my cpu with a program like vue FIVE... which for the FIRST TIME (with the right ram in now) DOES run in open gl really fast and fine.... sooo all this shows me that my machine, and vue 5 is FINE.... and so my finances will stay fine too! LOL!!  I do run a lot of VERY old programs on my OS too....

Just hard to wait...cause of all the wonderful renders done by folks (wonder how many of those folks are MAC users?!) really make me want to "do that too".... I have gone in and played with JUST water and clouds, land...and it does have a NICE render engine.... but it's got to be really finished.... and me, who normally waits YEARS before buying a version of NEW software broke my own rule in this one case.... well.... ! Now my $$ helps pay e-on to continue working on the software.... sigh.... I helped "create Bryce" too, from version 2 for PC years and years ago... such is life in this world... (took me till just last year to buy Poser 6!! :))

I am not mad at all... it's my own choice....so I live with it... :)

Thanks for your suggestions and thoughts though! :)

aeirios ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2007 at 6:16 PM

Purchased V6I a few weeks ago, and am loving it.... for the most part. Does seem to have some memory issues though, hopefully they will get it all ironed out.  Only really weird thing I have had happen so far is that it wanted me  to re-activate yesterday!  Was about to begin work on a fresh project, decided to reboot the pc for a clean start.  Fired up Vue, and got a little box saying I must activate. Let it connect, punched  the activation code in again, and was good to go. But did seem rather odd behavior? Anyone else have similar issues?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.