Tue, Oct 22, 9:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: This UVMapper problem is driving me nuts

eaglecop ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2001 at 3:55 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 9:19 PM

Ok, I am almost close to shooting my computer. I am trying to make a different outfit out of the tuxcedo.obj file. I am using UVMapper to do this but everytime I import the saved new obj file into Poser, it reverts back to the original tuxcedo.obj file. Can someone tell me why? Thanks in advance

Jaager ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2001 at 3:57 PM

Did you delete the old RSR file in geometries?

eaglecop ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2001 at 4:09 PM

Yes but it seems that it does not help, any more ideas? Thanks again in advance

Jim Burton ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2001 at 4:50 PM

What do you mean by "make a different outfit"? You aren't trying to move the mesh or anything, I trust- as I'm sure you know, UV mapper can change the (well, UV Mapping) and materials and groups and stuff, but it can't move the mesh. If you are trying to change grouping I've had problems doing that in UV Mapper, sometimes it works, and sometimes Poser doesn't want to change.

bloodsong ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2001 at 5:19 PM

heyas; is the tuxedo.obj write-protected? uvmapper won't tell you if it can't write the file. if you are saving it as a new obj, are you making a cr2 that points to your new obj?

eaglecop ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2001 at 5:28 PM

yes but it still loads the old obj file

TMGraphics ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2001 at 9:00 PM

make a copy of the tuxedo.obj and tuxedo.rsr (from the geometries folder) into a temp directory, make a copy of the tuxedo.cr2 and tuxedo.rsr (from the prop folder) into a temp directory. Delete the rsr files from the geometries and the prop folder. Rename the tuxedo and cr2 to (maybe) coattop.obj and coattop.cr2, and edit the coattop.cr2 (with wordpad) to point to the new coattop.obj file - there are 2 references near the top of the cr2 file. Open UVMapper, load the coattop.obj from the goemetries folder and edit/remap as you will. Save the texture and then the obj file. You should now have in the goemetries folder the new coattop.obj (and texture or wherever you put the texture). Open poser, click on the shrugging guy for the coattop(cr2) Poser will rebuild the obj rsr and the cr2 rsr, pose the prop/figure as you want it and save as coattop to overwrite it. Now move the Original tuxedo.obj and tuxedo.rsr as well as the tuxedo.cr2 and tuxedo.rsr back to their original locations. You now should have 2 of the same with different names! Hope this works for you. TMG

ScottA ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2001 at 5:44 AM

I think I see where the confusion is coming from. I gave you instructions on how to use UVmapper to make a new .obj file. But UVmapper will only let you change groups and materials. If you are trying to use another .obj file. Do what TMG says above. I think what you need is the exact info on HOW to edit the .cr2 file so it will point to the new .obj file. So here's that: 1.)After making a copy of the tuxedo .cr2 and naming it whatever you like. Open the .cr2 file in wordpad 2.)go to edit-->Find and type this in the search window "figureResFile" 3.)You'll see this: "figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:Poser4Clothes:Suits:tuxedo.obj" There will be two of these lines in the file. Change that line so that it points to where your new .obj is located. And save the file. Then find the next line that says the same thing. And change that one the same way. Save the file and make sure you check that wordpad didn't add .txt to the end of it. If it did. just delete it so the file extension ends with .cr2. Delete the geomtries .rsr if you still have one for the tuxedo. Then start poser and you should be able to load your new clothes from the library. ScottA

TMGraphics ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2001 at 5:42 PM

One thing to remember - backup your original obj file for UVmapper will permanatly change it. TMG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.