Fri, Oct 4, 2:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: P7 download keeps dropping out....

JackieD ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:08 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:27 PM

Has anyone had problems downloading P7?  It's dropping out when it hits around 700mbs..3Xs so far.  I'm on broadband.   I checked with my server and they said I've had no dropouts since a short one a week ago...so figure it must be e-frontier servers????

krazik ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:16 PM · edited Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:17 PM

You probably dropped when I had to restart the webserver process to use the new compiled version.

http://www.contentparadise.com/forums/contentparadise/index.php?showtopic=2763&hl=

JackieD ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:24 PM

ok..thanks..I'll try again.Hope it works 'cause I'm running out of my 4gb server allowance :-/ and I'm busting to try out P7!

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 12:00 AM

Just another reason to order the physical shipment - mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

JackieD ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 12:04 AM

I'm in Australia...

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 12:12 AM

Ahhh - my fella is in OZ and he hasn't been notified of shipment yet, either, along with a couple of other Aussies I know who ordered the same time I did.  Sorry ... I still prefer the physical shipment.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

JackieD ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 12:21 AM

<Ahhh - my fella is in OZ and he hasn't been notified of shipment yet, either, along with a couple of other Aussies I know who ordered the same time I did.>

That's what I mean :-/

Sorry ... 
...don't be...just be glad you live in the same country as E-on :-)

I still prefer the physical shipment.

..me too!

Kingfisher ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 3:32 AM

Kingfisher ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 3:38 AM

I am on my fourth attempt.
First time it completed at 1,517,101, then 1,232,388 & then 1,525,727 all zip files appear ok until you try to unzip & error message comes up not a valid zip file. 
So I have to try again. Even on broadband it becomes a pain particulary when you see the size of the file.
At the moment it is at 51%

JackieD ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 3:49 AM

MIne's been going for 5 hours, and it's only 27% done (477mb).  Hopefully I'll wake up and it will be all downloaded and I can try out P7 at last.  Good luck with yrs.

Kingfisher ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 4:25 AM

Guess what it has just stopped & the file is only 946,219 KB. 
I am getting cheesed off with this what is going on?

JackieD ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 5:05 AM

Me too..just now..stopped at 481mb.  I'm using a download manager and it won't picked up where it left off.  I'm going to have to give it a miss until next month now otherwise I"ll be paying heaps more to my server for the extra mbs.  This is my 4th attempt.  Not @#&!! happy!

knigge64 ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 9:55 AM

Same same. First one stopped after 36 hours and 1400MB. Second after 5 hours and 300MB - I am now at 8 hours and 600MB. At least download speed went up from an average 10Mbps to 50Mbps. Fingers crossed - tomorrow morning ... maybe ...

oliveramberg ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 10:21 AM

It's a pitty.... My 10th attempt and I am at 91%. If the download crashes my neighbours will hear some very rude words out of our appartement....
What really makes me angry is that they have downloadservers that don't allow resumes of crashed downloads. It's like in medival times....

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 11:28 AM

Krazik posted that he has reset the server to allow managed downloads (for resumes).  I installed dTA (DownThemAll) for FireFox and it appears to have worked!  Woke up this morning to a fully-fledged download - finally.  You can have the bandwidth for my download attempts back now. :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

u-designer ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 11:43 AM

Hi all,
yep loads of problems i'm now on my 10th attempt, i even got up at 4 am this morning to see how it was going but alas it had crashed at a mere 485mb.
Will keep trying.
 Have complaind to e-frontier asking them to put "RESUME" back on, but have no asnwer.

This may be helpfull:- My ISP knocks me off for "inactivity" so i have set up a small free ware to ping the server every minute - maybe this will work- so far 3hrs 27 mins and it seems to be working (40%).
The program is called AUTO DIAL RUN it is a free ware found on a German free site by  a friend.
If any one is interested i can try to find the name of the website.?
You just try to google it.
Best of Luck to you all with the same problem.

u-designer ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 11:50 AM

Merci Bien Krazik :-0) - big smile

Magik1 ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 12:51 PM

Well I got it all downloaded after 4 attempts...took 5 3/4 hours for the main file!!! That's on a 2gig Broadband  cannection.

JackieD ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 9:50 PM

Quote - Krazik posted that he has reset the server to allow managed downloads (for resumes).  I installed dTA (DownThemAll) for FireFox and it appears to have worked!  

Thanks so much for that...I downloaded it and...despite 3 dropouts (message: server error) ..it resumed ok.  It's chugging along at around 27kbs...and after about 5 hours is 12% done.   With a bit of luck I"ll wake up tomorrow to a full P7 zip.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.