Mon, Sep 9, 6:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: V4 doesn't play well with others...

DVTVFilm ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 11:15 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 12:11 PM

Is V4 pretty much for Poser7? If I mix V4 in a Poser6 created scene -(forget about hair and V3 clothes that don't conform anyway, etc...) --if I apply a v4 pose to a stand-alone (naked) V4 girl and then go to set one of my CAMERA/POSE/UI memory buttons--- then V4 instanlty reverts back to the default stance--and position in the scene. Totally frustrating and then I have to re-pose her from scratch. Is this just me, or are others experiencing this as well with V4 in Poser 6? MAC version, OS 10.4.8 Dual G5 regards

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 4:08 PM

She doesn't play well with others.......

She behaves in her liking......

she is obstenant......

take her activity away from her,  sit her down in her little chair and give her time out....

am I  in the right forum.../?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 4:39 PM

Nah...v4 is probably pretty much for daz studio.

Seriously:
Are you sure you're setting the dots, not clicking on them? 

Tirjasdyn

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 6:42 PM · edited Wed, 13 December 2006 at 6:46 PM

Using a Set dot and not creating new ones would be my guess.

I have tried the dots on V4 base posed and then deleted her and loaded the V4 full. Clicked the dot and everything worked fine. I'm using Poser 6.

To remove a dot.  Alt +click the dot.

It is true that Daz is targeting DS. They have locked the translate dials in poser, you can open them in DS. You ned to hack the Cr2 to show the translate dials or get the mat pose that has been created to get them to show.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 6:49 PM

ha!
too funny tom. 😉

Comitted to excellence through art.

norm1153 ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 6:55 PM

Wish I'd known this before I spent all that time just now trying to figure some things out in Poser, grumble mumble.  But thanks, beryld, for pointing this out. 

If Daz thinks they are going to get everybody to switch from Poser to DS, well...    And I don't think it's a very good idea to disable some things so that they can only be accessed in DS....  Certainly w/o making that known in advance.

I guess I'll have to get DS and then figure out how to unlock this stuff. That would be the only reason to get DS, frankly.

I bought the pro pack and am still figuring some of that stuff out.  I like that advertisement where there is a slide dial to increase/decrease detail in skin texture.  Haven't found it yet, though.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 7:05 PM

No you don't need to get DS for that. There is a script done to show the dials in poser. I will just have to try and find that thread at Daz and will post it. It is the individual group translate dials that they have hiden. Supose to make it easier to use V4 but for those of us that use poser and like to create our own characters.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 7:17 PM · edited Wed, 13 December 2006 at 7:18 PM

Attached Link: Scaling Body Parts on V4

Found the thread but wont do you any good unless your a PC member, sorry about that.

seattletim ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 7:24 PM

Well - what I read made my decision for me . . . I am sticking with Poser and v3 - not gonna upgrade to V4 because I don't want DS. Sorry, DAZ.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 7:46 PM · edited Wed, 13 December 2006 at 7:47 PM

You do understand that this effects the XYZ scaling of individual groups and not the overall way V4 works. She works fine in poser But someone like me who wanted to scale the head a bit wider needs to see those dials. I don't like to have to use only the morphs that are provided.

DVTVFilm ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 8:01 PM · edited Wed, 13 December 2006 at 8:03 PM

Yes, it makes no sense (especially Marketing-wise) to create something that's supposedly the new universal "it girl" that isn't. She looks great, but I'm not switching to DS just to use her. My guess is that DAZ will soon realize this and unlock the translate dials and anything else they've hidden once they see that their Poser customer base isn't buying. If vendors want to make money (and they do) they should have some influence- at least enough to get DAZ to unlock everything -so the Poser and DAZ community have a fully enabled cross platform/cross Application figure. Otherwise, what good is it?

norm1153 ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 8:54 PM

Thanks, Beryld!

I'm a PC member.  Looking at it now.

ir ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 8:56 PM

Not sure what the gripes are about. I'm using V4 just fine in P5 SR4.

Why would you need to "switch" to DS? You can use both you know.

You could just as easily use a magnet to scale the head if needed.

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 8:56 PM

DAZ Studio is free-of-charge.  No financial pain to get it.

There, told more people about it, as per terms of usage agreement heh heh heh

Eternal Hobbyist

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 9:26 PM · edited Wed, 13 December 2006 at 9:30 PM

A couple of ways to un-hide V4's scale dials:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2676427

I'm a PC user so this may not be relevant to you, but in Poser 7 I tried many combinations of pose, translation and scale, and I didn't see UI or Camera dots act like you describe DVTVFilm, works great for me.  I had no problems in P6 either although I have only loaded it once or twice since I installed P7.

Note that the dials are not locked, only hidden.  There are a couple of caveats to changing her scaling:
Avoid scaling digit 1 of any finger (e.g. forefinger 1) because it will make the palm scale with it, which you don't likely want.  Scaling joint 2 and 3 in small amounts doesn't distort the rest of the hand that I can detect.
Scaling bodyparts may cause you to have problems with applying poses built for other characters (although you probably have already seen this with previous characters).
Scaling bodyparts appears to cause your figure to not take P7 Universal poses very well.

My Freebies

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:17 PM · edited Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:18 PM

pjz99 wrote: *"Note that the dials are not locked, only hidden."

*Yes, I corrected that in my next statement. though the point was you cant see/use them until the hack/mat pose/script.

*"Scaling bodyparts may cause you to have problems with applying poses built for other characters (although you probably have already seen this with previous characters)."

*Yes, but when creating your own characters, other made poses are not of needed importance.

*"Scaling bodyparts appears to cause your figure to not take P7 Universal poses very well."

*That may be so but from some of the threads I have read, not much does.  I won't know how or what works with P7 until it shows up at my door. That is another mystery in it's self.

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:21 PM

Yeah I understand you, just David made the point and didn't want it to be missed, I am just following his lead.  RE: poses, just putting that out there so it's not a surprise 😄

My Freebies

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:32 PM · edited Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:33 PM

I'm just making sure everyone understands where I'm coming from. I like V4 and only use Poser, 

As for using magnets. Why should I have to use magnets because I have poser. Why should I have to create a magnet and then adjust the mag zone and  and deform properties of mag zone if needed and then adjust the magnet and maybe include more groups to deform if needed and then when I'm finally done all that I have to spawn the morph. Oh and lets not forget the mag base too, depending on what your doing.

Or, use one dial.

fuaho ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:57 PM

Thanks to everyone for this thread and linx and utiliteez. I was starting to wonder if I should return the ProBundle I just bought, but yu've assuaged my fearz. Haven't installed anything yet because I'm waiting for my pretty black box to arrive!.

Slightly OT... What is the Victoria4 Developer Kit for? Do I want to install it? 

TIA,

<?))$$$><<  

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 11:11 PM

Developer Kits are for clothing creation. If you model your own clothes, you will find it handy to learn from. Be sure to read the readme. there are a lot of don't with thier use.

Just got my P7 tracking number

Caly ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 8:35 AM

file_362433.jpg

V4, Poser6, Mac OS X Dual G5.

I have the Pro bundle.  I see a dial that makes her head larger, another one to make her eyes larger, and a few other misc sizing thingies.  I always dial my own characters.
What I do want is a Capsces morph set.  ^^

But I was just meaning to say that you're not required to use D|S in order to get decent results from V4.

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

DVTVFilm ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 8:56 AM

re: " I'm a PC user so this may not be relevant to you, but in Poser 7 I tried many combinations of pose, translation and scale, and I didn't see UI or Camera dots act like you describe DVTVFilm, works great for me." Then it must be just me. It only happens when I have other props mixed in the scene. If I have V4 by herself without any other larger set pieces, there is no problem... (so it seems) Perhaps I have some corrupted files. When my boxed P7 arrives, I'll reinstall everything from the ground up.

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 9:16 AM

You know, the thing the pose dot does is just pull from a text file and execute the stuff in that.  I can't recall where it lives, but I'm sure someone here knows where it is.

My Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.