Mon, Sep 9, 7:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 5:10 am)

Subject: More on XWALL...

gradient ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 9:09 PM · edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 8:51 AM

Finally was able to get registered in there.....It looks as though the problem may be even more serious.  In about 15 minutes, I was able to find some of mine and that of several other Rendo Terragen artists. ( I will also post in their forum to let them know)
The reason I say it may be more serious is that the "search" function will only pick up the artist names where the "uploader" has added that name to the text.  If no name has been added, it won't it pick up.....in other words....the only way is to go through each image in the galleries!

Additionally, it appears there is no longer any way to determine whether the rip came from Rendo.....so with the web host saying "delete those images you got from Rendo"...the uploader can say that he got it elsewhere....

In youth, we learn....with age, we understand.

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 3:55 AM

Well, and if i tell you I send a Im in spanish and he answer me: I don't know what i need to make :lol:

DarkElegance ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 4:14 AM

My work didnt have my name on it though the piece still has the signature on it.
I am at my wits ends!

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

mermaid ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 7:07 AM

@ gradient... hmm in my understanding of the law (and I may be wrong here) it doesn't matter, where the poster got your image from, he did not ask your permission to post it there, and if you found it and want it removed, it has to get removed.

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 9:08 AM

see the info I posted in my last post in the original thread..

I would suggest that every artist that has been ripped contact the site owner, and perhaps the site host..

This is a non-official suggestion..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

gradient ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 2:13 PM · edited Thu, 14 December 2006 at 2:14 PM

@mermaid...yes, i understand that....but what I am saying is that if you use the search function on their website, it will only pick up cases where the uploader has added your name to his text comments.  So, if he just put up your image with no comments added....the search will not find it for you.....so, the only way to see if your image is up there is to look at EACH picture.
Many, many pictures....it will take forever....

Also, I agree it doesn't matter where the poster got it from.....but the web owner just got himself off the hook by asking the uploaders to remove images they got from Rendo.  Now you have to chase down each uploader to ensure that THEY delete the images.....what if the uploaders are not active anymore (under that name)....and never get the message from the site owner?

Also the web owner specifically said Renderosity in his email to members (BTW I never did get that email from the site)....so, does that mean when someone rips your work from another place you post...he will issue another letter after the fact?

gradient ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 3:00 PM

@Bruce...Don't you find it interesting that the only thing they have removed from their site is your post that asked them to stop stealing images?  It was there last night...but...gone as of a few minutes ago.....

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 3:17 PM

It's obvious the site owner will not take responsibility of his site members.  I have yet to see any images removed.  Focus needs to be placed on his domain host.  It'll have to be they who put the screws to this guy.  And if they don't, it then it becomes a legal matter with expensive lawyers, or, one forgets about it entirely and realizes it'll just happen again on another web site, like photo casket or the thousands of others that inhabit the Internet.

I still don't see Rendo Poser artists aware of this web site; nothing has been posted in that forum.  I've been hesitant in posting this information over there.  Not that I don't want to, it just may not be my responsibility...don't want to step on official toes :)

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 4:27 PM

Why not TerraDreamer? I think it's important to informat the personal here about this history and when I say the personal is the artist victim, and i think so much in the section poser and 2d...

Bruce, I make that yesterday, I send 4 emails and in spanish and in my poor english 😄
but, I'm happy because i see  the number of fidato50 (HECTOR FERNANDO LIRA, Naucalpan, state of México ...) image a 923 and not 1002 ... So, he make what i wanted yesterday and now, i cannot have some problems with my agency 😄

Well, after to received XXXXXXXXXXXXXX im and emails form RR, he don't have other way :lol:

And perhaps now he can received the same number of im and email from photo.net, i know some members in this page and he make the same with them, but it's not the problem here :)

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 9:20 PM

I will be interested to see if any individual without legal assistance can get a web host to do anything.
One way might be to keep bombarding the host with emails from every member who has an image there. Just keep sending them.
By the sounds of it, this guy does not have a whole ton of bandwidth, if some of you have experienced error pages when visiting.
That could be due to the influx of traffic since  being aware.
Keep it up...
or...
you can continue with your art/photography....shake it off and know that while all the energy put into this takes away from your peace, it is probably happening again in some other site. It won't end.

I like when images have been ripped from my site by hyperlink..then I can change the image to whatever I want, and that appears on the other site. Big copyright notices across the middle.They soon remove them.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

gradient ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 9:30 PM

**"By the sounds of it, this guy does not have a whole ton of bandwidth, if some of you have experienced error pages when visiting."

**I think you are correct as some of the pages are timing out.....

@Terradreamer.... I posted a notice on the Poser board yesterday...a few funny responses...nobody seems to care...

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 10:01 AM

Quote -  I like when images have been ripped from my site by hyperlink..then I can change the image to whatever I want, and that appears on the other site. Big copyright notices across the middle.They soon remove them.

LMAO!  Or, replace the image with something rather...shall we say...unsavory :)

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 10:17 AM

Quote - @Terradreamer.... I posted a notice on the Poser board yesterday...a few funny responses...nobody seems to care...

Well, this doesn't completely surprise me.  This happens so often these days that people probably don't get too upset about it anymore.  Well, they probably DO get upset, but the energy it takes to do something about it probably isn't worth their time.  Sometimes people wil manage to get the image removed, but no doubt the same image is already uploaded to another site yet unknown.  It's really a never-ending battle.  One could spend their entire life chasing down their ripped art if they wanted to.

There are really three things to consider:

1.  I'm going to post my work to the Internet
2.  There is a good chance somebody will rip it
3.  The sun will rise in the East tomorrow

I'm not trying to diminish the anger of those here who have discovered their work ripped, but in reality, it can be expected to happen...time and time again.

Solution?

No larger than 800x600 and a nice, big copyright symbol symbol smack-dab in the middle of it.  Which really defeats the purpose of your blood, sweat, tears and pride.

What's one going to do?

I'll live with the risk.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 11:16 AM

I'm with you Terradreamer. Some take it more personally than others and it is still is a serious issue and against copyright law, but in the case of my one image (which they have since removed), it had my handle on it and wasn't being sold. This is not a case where I would get too up in arms about it as I assume that risk as soon as I post something on the internet. Someone pretending to be me and selling the images is another story entirely for me personally. Every case is different. But they have removed my image and others...I've found posting underneath an image that it is stolen and violates copyright law gets it off the sight rather quickly.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 12:19 PM

I agree with you Kort

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 1:12 PM

oops, I meatn site not sight...fingers have a mind of their own...

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 1:21 PM

:lol: I see fidato50 & gdmora have now 0 image !!!! :lol:  
Kort, what do you make for have this good news??? mmmmm: you're a bad santa clauss for them ooh ooh ohhh

gradient ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 2:31 PM

@Kort;
**" Someone pretending to be me and selling the images is another story entirely for me personally." 
**Do you know that I found out yesterday that exactly that what you said has already happened here?
Sure the person got banned when discovered......BUT......
Why do WE then not question the policies of sites that promote ( read: make it easier) for exactly that to be done??????
We should be asking...as I have been to no avail....what this site is doing to make this type of behaviour more "uncommon".

After several months, I am still waiting for Rendo's response on whether it disallows "printing" (through it's partner) of images NOT contained in the persons gallery.....THINK about this one for a minute folks.....

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 12:19 AM

Quote -

LMAO!  Or, replace the image with something rather...shall we say...unsavory :)

You must have known my first thoughts when I saw it.LOL , but  the couple of times it has happened to me I thought it better to just promote my work on that site with big font to my website and copyright notice.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 7:42 AM

**gradient,

Have you written to Stacey or JenC or Clint?

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

gradient ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 1:21 AM

@Bruce..... I have sent you an IM.....

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Wed, 03 January 2007 at 5:26 PM

This page is now : http://www.xwallonline.org/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.