Fri, Sep 20, 8:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Poser 7 and Vue 6 Infinite

norm1153 ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 8:21 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:42 AM

So far I've only tried a few PZ3 imports into Vue 6 Inf.  I did change Vue6 to point to Poser 7; in fact it had Poser 7 in the list, already.  But I pointed it to the Poser 7 exe.

I imported Ben2 and the first render went fine.  After that, things became very sluggish, and finally froze, and the program crashed.  

When importing the Poser PZ3, I chose to use/keep the Poser engine for shaders, from that dialog box that pops up during the import.  This is the purpose of having these two programs work together; if I have to give that up to get a PZ3 successfully imported, well...... That may not be the cause of the problem here, but I'm just saying...

Running on a Pentium Dual Core machine w/ 2 GB RAM in WinXP SP2.  This machine is new, and I intend to use it strictly for Poser/Vue, plus related utilities & Photoshop. 

Has anyone else had any such a problem?

Abraham ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 11:17 AM

It's a bit strange, seems to work fine as long as I use standard resolution maps (Stephanie + clothes + hair) with the repose option and the poser render engine and it doesn't really use a lot of memory either (in this case 1.34 go including the OS, Firefox, acrobat reader with the poser 7 manual open)
If I try to use a high resolution texture (one of the Daz high rez for Stephanie), then Vue crash a few seconds after the dialog asking if how I want to import, whatever option I choose.
Config : Dual opteron dual core, 4 go memory, XP64

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 1:08 PM

Abraham, do you use the 64bit version of Vue? It's supposed to handle those hi res textures better.
Did both of you import the pz3 as single mesh, so that it loads the necessary textures only once, and not for each body part?
I'm asking because this is what I always do, and I have no problem importing on my aging machine with only 1 gig of RAM. Even reposing works, even if slowly.

Abraham ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 1:16 PM

Yes Bruno, I use the 64 bits version and I imported as a single mesh. In fact, it's pretty strange because the memory occupation wasn't big at all. Probably not the problem here since I already "for fun" created a Vue scene (without poser character) that used almost 3 go of memory and rendered fine. I don't really know what went wrong. The trial with the lower rez texture was very nice though, especially if you consider it was really only a load and click render (scene import, load atmosphere, press render)
I'm not surprised at all they're still some issues though, after all, it's still a beta and it already works pretty well (btw, I use the xStream version, but I don't think they're differences in the base application between xStream and Infinite)

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 1:26 PM

No, I too think Infinite and Xstream share the same core functions. Maybe it's a problem with the 64bit version. Would be nice to know how norm1153 imports.
Btw, 5 xStream couldn't import pz3 (for legal reasons, apparently), it can now? Cool.

Abraham ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 1:45 PM

I think the only limitation with vue 6 xstream is you can't use a poser scene when vue is hosted in another 3D application, but I guess it's more a technical problem now than anything else (I imagine the headache for a programmer to try and guess how Vue will control Poser while being itself controlled by 3dsmax, or maya :)

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 1:55 PM

Ok, I see!

wushen ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 6:32 PM

I've been having lots of problems crashing after importing poser elements. still objects seem to work fine, but animations (simple walks) seem to take forever to load, or to do preview animations, It actually crashed again trying to playback a preview. I've been busy developing scenes, so I haven't tried importing animations again yet, but it does seem like a serious problem....oh! I actually just realized I'm using poser 6 still...version 7 is in the mail, but the problem definately sounds familiar. I have the infinate version, and am also running a 64bit system, but don't know if the version of vue I'm using is, I don't recollect seeing anything that would indicate a 64 bit version, any ideas how to look this up?

norm1153 ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 7:17 PM

I have been away where I can't work with my PC for a few days, so I haven't been able to do any more tests.  Will post when I have more info.  BTW, I have WinXP 32-bit.

Norm

Abraham ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 3:01 AM

Wushen, if you run the 64 bits version, the icon in the start menu says : Vue 6 xStream 64bit and you have 64 bits writen on the bottom left corner of the splash screen. Also if you click on about, the bottom left corner says :    "e-on 64 bits"

J-L

wushen ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 8:55 AM

hmm...doesn't seem to indicate either way..therefore, I think it's the 32 version. My laptop is 64 bit, but my desktop where I downloaded the instillation is not. I searched through the unzipped files from the  download and haven't found anything that looks like I could install an upgrade for it on my laptop. does anyone know if it's a seperate download for the 64 bit version? I'll check with E-on and let everyone know, but I think we all know how "helpful" their support can be....oh well

Abraham ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 8:56 AM

The main installer is both, 32 and 64 bits, updates are platform specific though :)

J-L

wushen ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 9:57 AM

hmmm....curious

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 4:27 AM

Vue6 will install in 32 or 64bit itself, it depends on the OS. If you're running a 64bit OS, Vue6 will install in 64bit. If your OS is 32bit, then it will install as a 32bit app.

wushen ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 8:56 AM

ah, ok that makes sense, I'm running 32bit xp media (it came with the laptop)

wushen ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 8:56 AM

ah, ok that makes sense, I'm running 32bit xp media (it came with the laptop)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.