Tue, Oct 22, 9:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Bona Bona meet

Zeldie ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 12:19 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 9:56 AM

Hi there everyone!

I thought of starting a thread and sharing with you all, another meet.  This wasn't a weekend and it was actually such a quick get together that I still can't believe it's over!!

Oom Piet (Busi2Ness) was bragging the past few weeks about his Lions and Bona Bona.  So, I (we) put him to the test and arranged a day at this lovely place.  And boy did we have fun!!!  Who joined us?  It was myself and my family, Oom Piet and the Tannie of course, Harry and his wife to be and Esté and the man in her life.

It was fabulous!!  We didn't do half the stuff I wanted to, nevertheless we laughed a lot, we took a lot of photos and I think we had a splendid time!  Now Harry, if you upload that pick of my filthy feet, I'm not talking to you again!!  ;0)

Oh!!  Did I tell you?  One of the lions stormed Harry!!  Yes!!!  Why?  Cause Harry wore a Sharks T-shirt that's why of course!  You mos can't wear a Sharks T-shirt in Blue Bull country Harry!  What's wrong with you?!?  giggle  Ok, I'll shurrup now and leave the rest of the story up to the rest of the gang!

Oh, just an afterthought...  That new Avator of Oom Piet, is thanx to me.  I let something fall yesterday that he's "prettier" in real life than on his Avator.  giggle  (The Oom is going to kill me for this!! )  So we all suggested he get a new avator giggle

The sole purpose in life is serving humanity.

babuci ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 1:23 AM · edited Mon, 18 December 2006 at 1:24 AM

Pictures ... pictures... pictures **PLEASE! 
**Sound like you guys and girls had heaps of fun! 

seeya  Tunde

busi2ness ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 1:24 AM

file_362873.JPG

A photo of the Renderosity members present. I deliberately cut the picture at knee height because not all of us had their shoes on. :rolleyes:

Thanks to the Canon-eers who advised me on camera settings. My photos are still not sharp but I had to read the manual again.

As for the avatar... :blushing: what lion can resist that smug face...

For those of you remembering the Drakensberg weekend: NO, we had no mampoer, because drinking and lion-ing don't go together, LOL!

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

babuci ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 1:27 AM

Hey..nice to meet You all! Sitting pretty everybody......aaaawwww soo cute. 
seeyus  Tunde

Zeldie ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 2:02 AM

LOL  No, mampoer and lion herding do not go together!  So, no mampoer.  Tahlita and I had a beer though.  I can't resist a "cold one" when it get soooo hot outside.  Oh btw Harry, 32.5 degrees was what my thermometre in my car showed when we left.  Though, the car was standing in the shade.  So can you imagine how hot it was out in the sun? 

Hermanv ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 2:58 AM

Zel a promise is a promise! Not one word form U! :m_wave:  :tt2:

Thanx every one it was lots and lots of fun even if i almost had to change after the lion charged:scared:. But likely I had my sharks T on and He got frightened.

No one bother to mention the temperature because it was Hell hot.  We are having a heat wave.

PS the reply from Zel may contain Violence and very strong language 

Hermanv ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 2:59 AM

file_362876.JPG

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 3:08 AM

Ohhhh, excellent pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like to see the people together and yes, with the good and real good compagny with Piet!!!!
Excellent my friend and I hope to see more of this travel
Perhaps one day, i'm go me too, I hope...
Thanks for share 😄

Zeldie ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 3:50 AM

LOLOLOLOLOL  So I won the filthiest feet competition.  I do not need to tell you what was the first thing I did when I got home do I?  LOL  Yeah, those are my too very dirty feet beams very proud  giggle  Harry! Siss on you mate!  LOL @ any reply from Zeldie may contain violence and strong language!  LOL  Harry.  I wouldn't have posed my pretty little dirty feet for you if I didn't have a care in the world!  ;0)  What does the rest of RR think?  Don't I have the most beautiful feet in the whole wide world?  giggle

valcali ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 4:02 AM

It sounds fabulous and I can hardly wait to see the photos. The group shot is terrific and I love the new avatar Piet, I really like the hat too! ;o)

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be...
And you help them to become what they are capable of being.
                                                                ~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.

busi2ness ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 4:03 AM

Boy am I embarassed having those feet displayed on a respectable site! 😊😊😊

valcali ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 4:04 AM

Those are respectable feet and the nails are so nicely polished! LOL ;o)

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be...
And you help them to become what they are capable of being.
                                                                ~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.

rainbows ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 4:09 AM

Only Twinkle toes, Zeldie!!! So wish I could have been with you all. Cannot wait to see the pictures. All are looking good on Oom's capture. Very "snappy " shirt Oom :-) if I make make so bold. LOL. Have a great day all, I eagerly await uploads. . . Diane. ------------------ "Horses lend us the wings we lack." Pam Brown.

Zeldie ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 4:11 AM

Why thank you valcali giggle  I'm still giggling at Harry's sillyness LOL  Crazy peoples those South Africans, don't you think? 

kierab ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 6:31 AM

You guys are making way too much of some muddy toes.  LOL, can't you tell "Happy Feet" when you see them?????

Hey Piet, can I come too????  I have had SA on my list of "spots to visit" for years.
I could bring a suitcase full of Belgian waffles and chocolate with me... tempt tempt tempt 
:-D

busi2ness ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 7:07 AM

file_362889.jpg

Another photo where Esté and Zeldie are taking photos of the lioness & the cubs. I deliberately cut off their feet, please no questions!

@ Kiera: No Kiera, you are not allowed as a non-South African, hang on, you said chocolate waffles? I am emailing my details right away... :unsure:

@ Diane: Thank you Di, that shirt was to distinguish me from the "tourists" lol

Sekadhar ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 7:50 AM

Oh Piet, thank you for this! I wish to be with you there! Ha, ha...I have too many wishes!
Have a nice day!
Vjera

Hermanv ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 7:51 AM · edited Mon, 18 December 2006 at 7:55 AM

file_362892.JPG

These were males about 18 - 24 months old.

Pssssst   Zel: THE LIONS ARE BEHIND U

Zeldie ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 7:58 AM

LOL  Harry, I sure did catch a fright with that one who wanted to jump me.  Now Oom Piet, that's a lovely piccy of Esté and myself don't you think?  With the lions behind us?  And I wasn't even scared!  Just think how strong and brave Esté and I felt all of the time!  Or was it because Oom Piet and Harry accompanied us that we felt so "safe"? 

elmurray ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 9:41 AM

It really looks as if you had a great time.   What a day out that must have been.  I hope we are all going to see lots of pics of my favourite creatures in the world.  It would take me a day just to get there - coming from a cold and damp UK!!   My one wish in the world would be to play and roll around with a lion/lioness.    I don't suppose you've got one who likes to play have you Piet!!!!!
By the way, Piet, I like your new avatar.   In the last one I thought you looked like Alan Whicker but now you remind me of someone I know.  It seems you have a 'lookalikey' in the UK!!

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 9:52 AM

This whole hang is having too much fun. This is so cool to see that  you have met through photography, and have  so much enjoyment together. Going to have to find a name for you now.
 Now get them feet cleaned Zel!!!!

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

danob ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 10:05 AM

Haha looks like you guys are having a great time now Piet must have had these as pets!! Wink wink or you are all as nuts as him!!  Turning your back on a Pride of lions!!!  What a wonderful way to spend some time together!!

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 11:04 AM

Oh my god!!!! Very beautiful pictures of lions !!!! Excellent!!! I want to see more "feet" :lol:

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 11:08 AM

Wonderful way to get together...and be eaten together! ;] Thanks for sharing these!

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

st_fish ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 11:24 AM

file_362904.jpg

Well, well, well... What a lovely time I had with my fellow SA-RR members! Was ssooooo great to meet them all and we got to see the KING of animals - very intimidating! @ Oom Piet for posting my "behind" - thanks so much! Why you cut off my feet... :glare: I wish you cut off more like the bottom half of the pic... :lol: Oh and great job on taking away the fence!!! :thumbupboth: I thought I'll post how my hubby (Vernon) burnt in the sun... yes Zeldie - you truly were right, it was a scorcher!!! Shame - he's still in some pain :crying: ----------------------------------- EstVisser Cape Town

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 11:37 AM

arghhhhh!!! I'm sure this one to hurt a lot!!!! brrrrr... poor friend..

rainbows ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 12:18 PM

Poor hubby!! Hope he feels better soon. We are freezing here!!! LOL. Will look for your post, Este. Oom, ya stand out in a crowd without POSH Shirt :-) Great posts to each and all. Di. ______________ "Horses lend us the wings we lack" Pam Brown

drag ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 1:12 PM

Looks like you all have a wonderful adventure, and a great host to boot.  I just hope Zeldies dirty feet was not Lion dung LoL.. Love the hat Piet, very Indiana Jones or should I say Africa Piet hehe. I'm glad you all had a good time and can't wait to see more pictures.  Love the one of you all. Take care :0)bonita

GiMi53 ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 3:33 PM

Just great to see you had a lot of fun... thanks for sharing the memory of this happy meeting... can't wait to see more pictures !
:~)

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

babuci ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 4:52 PM

@ Herman...if you not post this lion guys to gallery I can not grab it to my favorite...please. Those lying pose are just realy one of the kind shot!

I think Zeldie taking shot of another lion out there...realy funny shot!

...and those feet...well actually only Zeldie's...I only see cool colored polished nails.

grea stuff guys...thanks to get us involve through all those shots!

seeyus   Tunde

busi2ness ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 5:15 PM

file_362938.jpg

Humor capture 1: When the male lion decided to sing a song to woo the lioness...

busi2ness ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 5:18 PM

file_362939.jpg

Humor capture 2: When Herman was frightened by the charging lion, this is how Skewebek (scewed mouth) responded... :b_funny:

babuci ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 9:12 PM

Pieeeeet! LOL!

this tread makes my days much smilier! Thanx

seeya  Tunde

kierab ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 9:24 PM

Skewebek -LOL, that cat has a funny face!!!

antong ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 10:59 PM

Hi everyone. 

It is good to see that everyone enjoyed their day at Bona Bona.  It is always a pleasure seeing everyone, even the feet, the behinds etc. LOL.  I had a violent lightning & hail storm last night, so only posted this morning.  I think I'm a RR addict now!  So many interesting folk!

Hope Vernon recovers - better get some ointment for that.  The UV index is pretty high the last few days.  Even the lions took cover. LOL

Have a great week!!

Regards
Anton

Zeldie ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 11:51 PM

And once again Tunde comes to the rescue!  Actually Doug, that was the first thing I did when I got home - grabbed a footbrush and soap, jumped in the bath and started scrubbing away.  I HATE filthy feet!  Nevertheless, I didn't mind Harry capturing my happy feet and showing them off.  

Yes, we had a marvellous day.  My arms are a bit sore from sunburn, but it will come right in the next couple of days I guess. :0))  Thank you to Oom Piet and Tannie Petro for being our hosts.  We had such a marvellous time, I'm thinking of making it a permanent thing whenever we're in the area.  Oom Piet?  Harry?  Are you in?

busi2ness ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 12:25 AM

Zel: I need little persuasion to make it a regular event.

Kiera: some more facts about Skewebek , the trouble maker.

Tunde: I am glad you enjoy this. I have only one concern: It seems my SA friends are hesitant to upload their behind-the-scenes photographs? Do they have good reason? :b_rolleyes:

Zeldie ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 12:37 AM

I haven't gotten around to editing them yet Oom Piet.  Some of us still work this time of the year remember?  😄  I will make a point of doing just that, as soon as I get home tonight.  Can't edit on these pc's at work cause they pre-date from the days of Noah and the Ark :tongue1:

Hermanv ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 3:06 AM

file_363002.jpg

Yes Zel i am in.

The second best part of the day was LUNCH! They know how to do Steak

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 4:00 AM

...don't forget me, I am in too. Oh I am living in australia..bugger I miss it again. grrr. But yeah if my valet will ever let me, I will plan my first holiday overseas there right at a lions doorstep and nobody will move me untill I get in ( with a guid his name is Piet) and have my shot of them! LOL
One thing interesting, they so calm. Wonder why, perhaps because they keept behind fence and also get use to human interaction?

seeyus  Tunde

Zeldie ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 4:07 AM

Yes Tunde, you're spot on with that - sadly so.  Oom Piet explained this in one of his uploads last week or the week before that?  It just doesn't sit well with me, seeing these magnificent, majestic animals caged in like this.  But it's caged in, or hunted down by hunters or poachers.  And I'm not even going to begin to tell you about canned lion hunting in South Africa.  It's a sad and disgusting story that do not agree with any animal lover's good conscience.

st_fish ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 2:48 PM

file_363038.jpg

Well, I thought I'll upload the sneaky photo I took of Oom Piet! :lol: ------------------

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 4:38 PM

The man on a mission.....glad you did Este. Realy nice portrait of Oom Piet.

seeya  Tunde

drag ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 6:23 PM

Yes Este, a wonderful portrait of our sweet Piet. You've all taking some incredible shots of the lions. Your galleries are a must visit. Can't wait to see more candid shots. :0)bonita

Zeldie ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 3:25 AM

LOL  Just look at him!  Mischief is written all over his face!  Do you see that?  If not, look closer.  You'll find it there :tongue2:

Hermanv ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 7:05 AM

file_363096.jpg

No Zel that face is no the point to tell you one of the lions Escaped here to day :blink: or something like that

If he charge it is only because he wants to play he is fed regularly :lol:

Zeldie ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 8:12 AM

It's like you said on Sunday Harry:"I will believe him when that lion charge us"  LOL  Oom Piet, what's up with that trust thing between you and Harry mmm?  LOL 

shahlaa ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 9:47 AM

Such beautiful shots, thank you all for sharing

busi2ness ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 4:02 PM

file_363250.jpg

A feeding frenzy and a very rowdy affair! Note the sharp claws used to ensure justice and a fair share at the dinner table. Does it remind of your family? :ohmy:

babuci ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 4:05 PM

LOL Piet. That would be a day, when we use (claws) nails at a dinner table to get an extra chicken drumstick . LOL Cool shots I love the snarling nose. 
seeya  Tunde

Zeldie ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 5:13 AM

file_364844.JPG

Hi there boys and girls,

Ok so it took me an extremely long time to actually get those pics edited.  But hey!  I'm here now and that's all that counts, right?

Now...  Let's see what I have to show...

Firstly, the two tormentors... :tongue2:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.