Tue, Oct 22, 4:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:57 pm)

Subject: Anyone else like to See the Top 20 back?

dasquid ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 12:09 AM

Quote - NO, definately not. Top 20 was a joke. Imho if you want to see the 'top' work you just have to have a fast internet connection and spend the time and take your chances. Add artists you feel 'safe' about in terms of what you consider quality to your favorites list. Going by "most commented" and "most viewed" will never show you the "top" either, just the most popular or the most naked .

Not even the most naked, most of my stuff is nudes but  very few hits and its not because I suck either.

Doc000 ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 7:14 AM

The Hot 20 did contain some very good work.  Unfortunately, there there was never any variety...nothing new.  No matter when you looked at that list, it was the same dozen or so people on there all the time.  It was simply a popularity contest and had absolutely nothing to do with great artwork.  If someone only looked to the Hot 20 to see good artwork, then they were missing a whole lot.

The Art Charts aren't much more of an improvement.  Yes, there are still some really good pieces of art that get on the lists, but the overall quality of images in the gallery (poser, in this case) has dropped considerably.  People (I won't call them artists because they'll never be that) just post one nude Vicky/Aiko after another with absolutely no substance or artistic merit to their images whatsoever...just because they know they'll make it on to the Art Charts.  I got news for these people:  a naked V3 with big boobs standing in front of a freebie wall with freebie textures and hair, staring blankly at the camera isn't art and it never will be.  I see these folks bragging left and right about how their images make the chart.  Congradulations at finding a way to appeal to the lowest common denominator of human intelligence in society!  I know I'll probably piss people off with my comments, but for crying out loud...please, knock it off with the crappy nudes already!  Try to make yourself better and let your creativity evolve...get off the ego trip and try to start making art with substance for once.

Personally, I'd like to see the Art Charts go the way of the Hot 20.  Maybe then, the overall quality of images will start to rise again.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 8:02 AM

I only remember voting on it once & that was for the pony, anyway art is in the eye of the beer holder or something along those lines.

You see crappy naked vicky in a temple, I see mildly erotic nudity in a mythological setting ;)

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.