Tue, Oct 22, 7:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Nature Shots

otacon ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 10:19 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 5:11 PM

got my very first camera the other day, a nikon d50, and i went out to shoot a little and get to know my camera. Photography is something i've been interested in for a little while now, so i figured it was about time i got another hobby besides 3d. I would love to hear any comments and crits, don't be afraid to be harsh either. Thanks.
I

babuci ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 11:48 PM

Congrat on a new toy. Some member here shooting with this camera and their photos different. 1,2,3,4 is out of focus. Not really a 4th one clear down a bottom where a foot print is. So I belive is matter of a setting and will come sharp. 5th shot is good but a bit worry that blury left lower corner, 6th coooool. I would like to see that pano in a gallery. 
Hope I wasn't too harsh, if yes...I did not mean to. 
On your avatar...that cat realy that fat? LOL

seeya  Tunde

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 1:54 AM

The  pano is excellent. The  evening shot is well exposed.The rock makes me hungry, because it looks like a medium rare filet mignon. Your ideas on the plants are good, so take time to keep the focus right, and  make sure the subject is defined. For instance the berries are  clear to see that you meant to  get that exact POV. The top one is kind of  all over. The DOF looks good  though.The second is a bit out  of focus.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

ejn ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 3:20 AM

Hi,

For me pics 1 & 2 are too fussy,but that's just me.

The pano is great and the night shot is very good.

So in my humble opinion a great start and I am sure at this rate it will not be long before you are contributing to the galleries.

Keep up the good work.

Good choice of camera to get you under way.

have a good day.

Eddie

ejn

otacon ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 9:54 AM

Thanks guys. Those are the kinds of crits i needed to hear.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 10:25 AM

Welcome to the wonderful world of photography! :) You got good critiques so won't rehash details. Depending on what you are shooting, remember that less is more, esp. in nature close-ups. Focus on one or two berries, not 5, unless it makes an interesting composition. Leave room around the edge for the image to breathe. You captured some great colors and the bottom two images really stand out. Keep honing that eye of yours, you are on the right path. Congrats on the new cam too! :) http://asp.photo.free.fr/Composition/photoProgramCompMainClass.shtml

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

danob ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 12:17 PM

Bravo and I  am sure your new camera will provide you with some great images... I  would suggest you dont rely too much on the autofocus.. esp when you are close up to the subject, where the focus will tend to lock onto twigs etc.. Try going manual in such situations and focus on the part of the image you want to accentuate..

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.