Mon, Oct 21, 10:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Apollo Max doesn't play Nice with Universal Poses

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 5:47 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 12:50 PM

file_362830.jpg

Well I know he's rigged differently than any other figure, but I just had to try some Universal Poses on Apollo Max.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 5:48 PM

file_362831.jpg

Yes I did turn IK off on him before applying these poses.

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 5:49 PM

Well, he's discontined, and there's no hope of support for him, so I'd kinda write the combo off.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 5:50 PM

file_362832.jpg

Some were better, but nearly all of them bent him in weird shapes around the abdomen.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 5:52 PM

Yeah I stopped using him a while back, but I just got a wild hair and thought I'd see how well he took the Universal Poses. He didn't. :m_shocked:

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 5:58 PM

I'll bet a python script could probably adapt universal poses to him, but you and I both know the odds of seeinbg that are about as good as seeing Poser 7.xx using the unreal tournament II 3d graphics engine.

Hmmm it's been about 8 months or so...about time for Anton to make a spalsh back into the poserverse again, isn't it?

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 6:04 PM

Shhh... Hey, speaking of Python, who wrote the ZeroMorphs.py script? I can't get it to work in Poser 7. I just randomised Vittorio all to heck and back and wanted to Zero out the morphs and that script crapped out.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 6:12 PM

PuppetMaster Biped works FINE with Apollo. So it's definately possible to transfer poses to and from him. And PuppetMaster Biped IS a python script. So it has been made already ;o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 7:30 PM

Yeah I have Bi-Ped. Haven't gotten around to actually ever using it though. I was hoping the Universal Poses would make it redundant though. With Bi-Ped, you still have to resave the poses for each individual figure out into separate libraries. Universal Poses seemed to be a way of doing away with all those separate pose files. Guess it's not.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 7:55 PM

Isn't Universal Poses based off of Biped though??  I thought eF bought Biped...... ?

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 7:59 PM

Well Bi-Ped isn't working in Poser 7 so I'm getting ready to try using it in Poser 6 tonight to see how similar teh poses come out. Either EF or CP bought Bi-Ped though and I assumed it was what they based universal poses on myself, but I acknowlege that it's merely assumption on my part.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 8:08 PM

I know because of Apollo's extra parts he wasn't perfect in Biped either according to Phil and .... can't remember her handle off hand....

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 9:01 PM

Well I hope that doesn't mean they won't be releasing updates to Puppetmaster fo new figures like the G2 figures and V4 and Vittorio.

Dark_Elf ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 9:25 PM

I asked at cp if puppetmaster would be updated for p7-unfortunantly noone answered:(

My Stuff:) You might hate it, but you never know... 
Here 
CP

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 9:41 PM · edited Sun, 17 December 2006 at 9:44 PM

Use the "Repose" button in Puppet Master. Hop over to PhilC forum for the tutorial on how to use the "Repose" button: http://www.philc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=174 Sounds like Puppet Master is still a very useful tool, even after P7's Universal Pose. You can do batch conversions in Puppet Master too. bB

jefsview ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 9:45 PM

Quote - Well, he's discontined, and there's no hope of support for him, so I'd kinda write the combo off.

oh, you're just mean!

You can't write off Apollo -- he's too good of a figure. And V4 hasn't quite matched Apollo's posability yet. 

Never give up on Apollo Max. 

-- Jeff
cult of Maximus

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 10:08 PM

Loyalty to a product isn't very practical.

Just keep using him and liking him as he is.

Circumvent ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 10:13 PM

Nothing plays nice with universal poses.  I get that same result with all the biped figures.  It's horrible.

Natolii ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 10:36 PM

Actually,. I had some good experiences with M3 using the Universal Poses.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 10:48 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_362852.jpg

Well I've been looking at the poses in Poser 5,6 & 7 and they all originated on P5 Don (The male poses in anycase) and they didn't even get transfered from Poser 5 to Poser 6 very well. Puppet Master and Poser 6 will definately stay active on my hard drive til the posing get's straightened out. 

Don is the only one who seems to be posed best by his pose. In this image I had to tweak everyone else. I used Puppet Master to transfer Jame G1's Pose to the g2 figure after tweaking him by hand from his stock pose to approximate Don's Pose. I used the universal pose I saved from G2 James after his tweaking to get Vittorio to a close approximation and then tweaked him .

Circumvent ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 8:24 AM

I hear a lot of people talk about Puppet Master.  Where do I get this proggie from?  TIA.
Adrian

BastBlack ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 11:06 AM

It's at Content Paradise.

http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/search.php?substring=puppet+master

bB

Circumvent ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 5:07 PM

BastBlack
Thanks for the heads up.
Adrian

Puntomaus ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 4:03 AM

Quote - Don is the only one who seems to be posed best by his pose.

The P5 poses were all made by Schlabber that's why they work so perfectly.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 9:08 AM

Kamilche, who wrote Puppet Master, said the Don poses translate to other male characters the best. bB

JHoagland ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 9:33 AM

Attached Link: My Review of Poser 7; Universal Poses

I've started experimenting with universal poses and I'm finding that the original pose seems to work better than the new, universal pose. I applied poses for V2 to Sydney and applied M2 poses to Simon... with poor results. So, while I think the idea of including universal poses is a good one, I don't think the feature is quite finished.

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 10:23 AM

Nice review!! 😄  So I guess this is a feature that needs to be cleaned up and tweaked some more in order to get it working right......

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

soulhuntre ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 2:09 PM

Quote - You can't write off Apollo -- he's too good of a figure. And V4 hasn't quite matched Apollo's posability yet. 

Not yet... and neither has Sydney. Lookign at allt he similarities in the mapping and rigging though if they study Apollo soime more they'll nail it next time around :)

3DVim ( ) posted Sat, 23 December 2006 at 5:20 AM

I like ApolloM, too.   
But besides the new compatibility issue with the Univeral Poses in P7,
ApolloM doesn't work with WalkDesigner in P5, P6, or P7 (haven't tried it in P4).

kamilche ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2006 at 12:42 AM

**JHoagland, make sure that you're saving the pose to the library before testing Universal Posing.

I don't have SimonG2, but I did find a similar pose for Dork, and tested the Dork/Michael 2 transfer. As you can see, the universal pose one applied by Poser 7 gave higher quality results. Look at the forearm bend, twist of the head, the curving of the fingers, and the angle of the foot on the floor, for specifics.

However, I am looking forward to SR1 of Poser 7, myself.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.