Sat, Sep 21, 2:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: P7 Motion blur...possible bug?

ArdathkSheyna ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 1:02 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:08 PM

Has anyone else had a problem with motion blur while rendering in Poser 7? This is my first problem with Poser 7 so far knocks on wood and I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this — basically, the FireFly renderer crashes whenever I have motion blur enabled. Kinda weird, I'm thinking since there doesn't seem to be any kind of serious slowdown with the computer. It just loads everything, renders the shadow maps and right when it's about to start rendering the scene, it crashes. Weird. 😕

System specs:
Athlon64 x2 4200+, 4GB ram, nVidia Geforce 7300GS running WinXP x64

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 4:27 PM

2D or 3D motion blur? Or both?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

ArdathkSheyna ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 11:48 PM

Quote - 2D or 3D motion blur? Or both?

Knew I forgot something ;) 3D motion blur — I have no problems at all with 2D.

DefaultGuy ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 7:07 PM

Attached Link: http://brian.e-frontier.com/4DancingSkeletons_BR.mov

Hi ArdathkSheyna, What type of crash are you experiencing? Does Poser crash to the desktop without a error or warning dialog? Or does the separate rendering process aka FFRender.exe crash? Does the render process just hang? Please try rendering with FFRender turned off to isolate the crash. You can verify if FFRender is rendering as a separate process by going to General Prefs (ctrl+k), Render tab and verify that the Separate Process is checked. If the render process just hangs with FFRender on then try lowering your bucket size (ctrl-y) to 16-24 and see if that helps. I have an animation that uses 3d motion blur. Please not that when you render in a separate process, the render engine cannot automatically reduce bucket size to counter a low memory situation. Therefore please start with a lower bucket size (8-16). http://brian.e-frontier.com/4DancingSkeletons_BR.mov

ArdathkSheyna ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 12:12 AM · edited Fri, 12 January 2007 at 12:16 AM

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. Since I have a dual-core system, I'm using the seperate process option. It's FFRender.exe that crashes; Poser itself is pretty much alright, though I do have to close it and restart if I want to do any more renders.

I'll try lowering bucket-sizes but I haven't had any system errors about low memory and memory really shouldn't be a problem since I have about 4GB installed.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.