Thu, Sep 19, 11:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: how do I unsubscribe....?

fuaho ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 4:19 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 7:02 PM

I must have inadvertently clicked on something, because suddenly I am getting an email notification everytime anyone posts to the poser forum. 
Previously, I only received an email when someone replied to a thread I had posted to. 
I don't know what to do to "unsubscribe" or whatever to stop this flood of emails and get things back to how they were. 

All assistance gratefully accepted and acknowledged!!

TIA,

<?}}###><<  

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 4:44 PM

Click on "my forum options" at the top of the page, scroll down to the Poser forum line, and uncheck the "Notify" column, and save your changes at the bottom of the form, that should do the trick. 😄

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 5:28 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

alos, there is an unsubscribe option at the top of the Poser forum. Clicking that will stop the ebots too.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

fuaho ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 6:33 PM

Thanks folks!

wheatpenny,
I guess what confuses me is the difference between a thread and a forum. There is an "unsubscribe" at the top of a thread, but I don't see one on the very first page of the Poser Forum itself, so I thought unsubscribe was just for that particular thread...

I still want to be notified of responses to my posts, just not every post

I'll try it and see what happens.

One other quick question:

I see people responding with "bookmark." Does that just mean they have added it to Favorites in Explorer? or is there a way to mark a specific thread here in the forum so you can return to it later for reference, even if there are no new postings. Sometimes there is information that I would like to access at a future date without having to copy and paste the entire thread into Word.  I think that's why I "susbscribed" thinking it was just that particular thread and instead I was flooded with every new post. 

TIA,

<'))%%%><<  

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 7:44 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

The unsubscribe option is under the Poser Forum banner, and right above the list of threads.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

JQP ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 4:43 PM

I'd like to know how I can stop getting all these stupid emails (to notify me of replies to threads I've posted to).  There's no unsubscribe link at the top of the forum for me (only one that says subscribe), and the notify box isn't selected in my settings.

JQP ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 4:44 PM

Ah, I see I have to uncheck the option for every reply I make.  Talk about dumb.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.