Sat, Oct 5, 9:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Request for V4 Character Vendors - Quoting Texture Sizes

sandman_dreaming ( ) posted Sat, 23 December 2006 at 9:57 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 9:26 AM

I've noticed that quite a few of the new textures for V4 ( here and at DAZ ) do not state the skin texture resolution/size in their marketplace promos - this goes for some of the V3 ones too I seem to remember.

Would it be possible for vendors to make the effort to include this info when putting items up for sale? 'Photo Realistic Skin Texture', etc. doesn't really mean much if it isn't quantified with, say, 4000x4000. I think this is often an important consideration, especially for people wanting to do close-up portraits, etc. Just an idea...I think people would be happier to part with their cash if they have this info. Thanks.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sat, 23 December 2006 at 11:49 AM

That's funny - every time I look at a new texture pack (or when I make one) the sizes are always listed.  The default template for V4 is 2048 x 2048 but most merchants, myself included, will bump these to 4000 x 4000 for the hi-res textures.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sat, 23 December 2006 at 2:15 PM

I see what you mean and I agree with you.  Frankly, after looking through the readme's for these products I wouldn't buy any of them without texture sizes, and that's from the eyes of a texture creator.  I always list the texture sizes of every texture used.  I think it's only fair to my buyers that they're able to know what they're getting before they purchase.  This may be the reason I've never had to give a refund.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 23 December 2006 at 3:29 PM

The two from that list I looked at, mentioned the Alpha resource pack from DAZ in the ReadMe, so I'd guess that the textures are the same size as the ones in that pack.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sat, 23 December 2006 at 4:14 PM

I saw that, too, but if you don't have the pack you don't know that Sarsa's textures are 3000 x 3000.  You might be tempted to assume that, like so many of us, they're 4000 x 4000 or that they're the default 2048 x 2048.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

sandman_dreaming ( ) posted Sat, 23 December 2006 at 5:47 PM

**The two from that list I looked at, mentioned the Alpha resource pack from DAZ in the ReadMe, so I'd guess that the textures are the same size as the ones in that pack.

**This is exactly my point....rather than having to guess or just not bothering to buy the product, wouldn't it just be easier for vendors to state the size of their maps!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.