Wed, Oct 2, 10:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Old Hat with a Twist..how do you view and comment on images?

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2006 at 10:23 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 4:13 AM

Ok, so this has been put out many times...folks complain about not enough comments, etc, etc, yuck.. I am thrilled to get any comments, disappointed to get none and happy with constructive crticism...while dismissing much of the now rare "ivory tower purists" comments.  

So how does the membership of this forum really view the galleries and comment?  How often, how many galleries, etc.?

I realize this will not be statistically accurate but might be interesting.  To give a direction for a comment, follow how I do it and comment.  Thanks!

This is what I do:  I try to view the photo gallery each day, going a few pages. Tonight, I got to go through 4 pages and made about 6 comments.  Sure, some skipped photos deserved comment but I had to take the ones that "most" caught my eye when opened.    This left no time for viewing galleries of other graphics.

What is your personal experience in how you check it out and comment?  Thanks.  TomD'Art.

babuci ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2006 at 10:54 PM

Interesting subject Tom.....hope won't go out of a way and be locked. ( happened before...husss Tunde)

I visiting a Photography gallery avarage 3 times a day.  First in a morning , I upload a due shot of mine and I go back to page 4-5 and start to " scan" the thumbies.  Thumby looks interesting I open it comment it .  If I was interested enough to click on a thumb to see it in bigger size can not be that horrible wrong shot not to spend another 2 sec and leave my coment. I always do that or not even open it up lack of  interest reason. I am open for every kinda art ,photography manipulation....I am not looking names who is did a picture. Thou ....I have a few ppl who I am interested in what they upload and yes I am looking for their work by searching their name. I like to follow their work or improvments. I do this page after page till I get to the first page, finaly check if I got any coments or "hi, how you doing notes" and go to my daily routine around a house. About  14:00 hop back again to keep stay top of the pages other wise I have another 4-5 pages to see. In this case 1-2 no more. I do the same before I go to bed. 
Hope that was your question for this tread....if not ooopppsy sorry to type that many lines!

seeya  Tunde

valcali ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2006 at 11:11 PM

Hi Tom, I work weekends so I try to get in most weekdays. I browse through the thumbs in the Photo Gallery and the ones that intrigue me I click and open. If it's someone whose gallery I've never visited I'll check out their gallery. I'm afraid I don't comment on most of the photos I click on...there are so many I'd never get anything else done. lol I do add people to my favorite artists list and I go down the list from my homepage and check their galleries once a week for new uploads I may have missed.
I also am thrilled with any comments I get and constructive criticism I can learn from is always welcomed. I don't expect comments from people whose photos I've commented on and I don't feel obligated to comment in return for comments left on my photos. I pretty much comment just to let the person know that the photo they took touched me in some way. ;o)

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be...
And you help them to become what they are capable of being.
                                                                ~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.

inshaala ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2006 at 11:52 AM

I generally browse when i upload and then again if i check back later on what people have said about it.  I do pretty much the same as you tom - i go through the first 4 or so pages and i tend to leave comments on things i think are good, if i have nothing to say but a "really cool shot, love it" kind of thing and there were about 10 people who left something similar i tend not to bother because i think whoever took the shot got the idea, that or i actually say why i like it because that is more useful to the photographer.
I also try to put something critical into the comment and will sometimes open up a shot i might not really like but know needs a bit more thought put into it just by looking at the thumbnail, you know the type of shot when you see it.  Even on stuff where there is limited things to pick up on for improvement i do make an effort to see past the initial "omg this is really cool i must post undying praise for it and turn a blind eye to problems in the shot".

If i were to continue on this train of thought i would go on to what i expect a comment to be like, but that isnt the remit of this thread ;) Oh yeah - and i only really do the photography galleries, i sometimes out of curiosity go look at the maya or 3ds max galleries - because that is where most of the really good 3d stuff is.

Oh and if you all have noticed my non-participation in the galleries, that is because i havent got a great deal of time to a)shoot/upload new picks b)browse the galleries right now.  I am currently really close to my dissertation deadline on wednesday so am basically doing that all day everyday now.

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography

jocko500 ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2006 at 11:15 PM

I may say "that good" because I do not know what else to say lol . guess a lot  of people is that way too

what you see is not what you know; it in your face

Boofy ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 10:07 PM

I check out my emails for what my 'favourites' have been doing and comment accordingly, then every few days I browse the galleries and fiend anoter few faves and friends as I upload images.
I only ever give out 5 points for those I really like, I don't know how to rate those that dont catch my eye as well. I often like to see the WIPS and new members and say hello and comment on them as I know how it was when I first joined and Melizod helped me. I try to put any critisism together with a solution in as nice a way as possible as I am no expert but try to help without offending. I too love it when someone comments as it is such a buz. Even if they just say 'Nice pic'. It is nice think someone took the time to comment.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.