Tue, Oct 22, 1:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: V3 no longer free?

ashley9803 ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 10:12 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:29 AM

When I upgraded Poser I lost some runtime files for V3. Went to download the "free" V3 base from Daz but it seems they are now charging for it. Did they take it off the freebee list or what? The V3 cr2 is free but I need the morph deltas. My original Daz exe became infected with the polopis virus and I had to delete it.

kimber89 ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 10:27 PM

No, V3 is no longer free but you should be able to reset your previous downloads in your order history.

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 11:30 PM

dang, talk about locking the stable after the horse is gone..;) That's why I burned a CD with the installation files, just in case...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Natolii ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 11:36 PM
kimber89 ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 11:40 PM

Wow, I thought that download would've expired by now Natolii. Sharp eye!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 4:26 AM

That download will probably be closed as soon as someone at Daz remembers about it :lol: I don't think they meant her to be free somewhere and not everywhere ;o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

barrowlass ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 4:41 AM

**thank goodness I've got her base+morphs on CD!

Sheila**

My aspiration: to make a decent Poser Render I'm an Oldie, a goldie, but not a miracle worker :-)

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 8:09 AM

Also, the sale on M3 ends this coming Sunday (12/31) just in case you need a fresh copy of him, too. 😄

Natolii ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 8:12 AM

Plus Hiro is not free at all, so you get him for free.

Robo2010 ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 9:02 AM · edited Wed, 27 December 2006 at 9:04 AM

Wow...did DAZ put us in a trap!? I paid for V3, and head/body morphs, then given vouchers due to V3 was free. Now I (we) have to pay again, if were not able to get the download activated? They should've left it before V3 was free.

Natolii ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 10:50 AM

There should be no problems re-activating downloads or even purchasing account history burns.

If there are problems, as long as you have the account information, you are able to call or e-mail customer support and get them taken care of easily enough.

If it is in your account, there is no need to purchase them. Though the above links are still active and it was a promotion that Daz was running in conjunction with Cnet (download.com).

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 11:26 AM

I've got A3/H3(?)/M3/V3, all for free, at various times. just have to keep your eyes open.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

jerr3d ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 2:32 PM

having started with v1, my v2 and v3 are upgrade files. so I wanted to get the free v3, which i assume is the full install. because reinstalling my upgrade means i have to go back and at least install v1 again of course they changed that with v4, you can just install her yay!

Natolii ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 2:53 PM

It is a full install.

:)

ashley9803 ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 5:41 PM

Quote "There should be no problems re-activating downloads"

you're right Natolii, downloading now. Interesting about the other DL site though.

Thank you everyone.

Natolii ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 5:59 PM

www.download.com was the site that Daz used when it ran the "Hiro for free" promo.

ashley9803 ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 6:27 PM

OK another question.
I'm having trouble doing "all head morphs" injection.
I'm thinking it maybe because I moved the V3 pose folders into another folder.
I think I remember someone saying that Daz folders need to be left where they install.
Poser keeps asking me to find various pose (pz2) files for V3.
Could this be the problem?

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 10:19 PM

Yes!
DPH
PS: For a little variety with your Vicky, you can click on the download in my signature, and try out Wiktorija , a Hybrid figure with V3's head and Judy's body.  All V3's Head injections work, and the figure accepts V2 textures, which with UTC include V3's as well.

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

ashley9803 ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 1:00 AM

Are you saying "yes",  Daz folders need to be left where they install? Or "yes' something else David?

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 3:36 AM

When I installed the V3 head & body injections for creating the dwarf I used in 'Nudest Family Outing,' I arbitrarily placed them in a place of my choosing, and the injections refused to apply.  Only when I installed them in an exact mirror of their original setup did they inject.  One thing I've learned, Daz has a VERY proprietary attitude towards its figures.
Yours truly,
DPH

ashley9803 ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 4:48 PM

Thanks David, I'll reinstall the head morph package and give it another go.

thefunkyone_4ever ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 6:45 PM

Its easy (but time consuming) to change the morph files to reflect a changed directory..... its just a hell of a lot of editing in notepad :(

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 8:14 PM

I pre fer EditPad Lite myself.  I just love it's 'Search and Replace' function.
DPH

rowan_crisp ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 2:07 AM

Quote - Oh she's still free.

bows

Thank you very much.

Natolii ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 6:19 AM

I just love the attempt at controversy when the truth is quite the opposite.

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2007 at 2:38 PM · edited Tue, 03 July 2007 at 2:39 PM

M3 is no longer free at DAZ. Just Downloaded this again however. Of course I've paid for M3 at least Twice. This version is the only HIRO I have.

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2007 at 2:45 PM

Attached Link: http://www.download.com/Poser-DAZStudio-3D-Models-Pack/3000-6677_4-10581779.html?tag=lst-0-4

Where'd the link go? http://www.download.com/Poser-DAZStudio-3D-Models-Pack/3000-6677_4-10581779.html?tag=lst-0-4

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

kalon ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2007 at 4:45 PM

There's a thread at DAZ... M3 going off of free status was a glitch that should be corrected soon, after the grand opening sale ends.

kalonart.com

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2007 at 5:12 PM

Aiko is also not free anymore either.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

kalon ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2007 at 5:27 PM

Aiko, too, will be returned to free status

kalonart.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.