Thu, Oct 3, 2:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Attn: Bushi .. Pose Genie Update For Poser 7?

bwldrd ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 1:06 AM ยท edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 12:24 PM

If you are still abouts the forums, would it be possible to get an update for PoseGenie to work with Poser 7, or do you have a commercial product that has the same functionaly as PoseGenie available for purchase? Kind of lost with it not working in P7. :( Thank you for your attention. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 8:00 AM

AFAIK, PoseGenie comes as a PY file, so it should be runnable in P7.

If it doesn't, please post any error messages your getting.
Don't forget to say what the version number of the script is.

bwldrd ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 1:40 PM

Yes it's runnable, but it's not workable :D Error is : Traceback (most recent call last): File "J:WinappsPoser 7RuntimePythonPoseGenieV2y.py", line 34, in ? ZCSphereVertices = Numeric.array([[0.013346, 0.03222, 0],[0.01233, 0.03222, 0.005107], NameError: name 'Numeric' is not defined Version is : PoseGenieV2y.py 03/07/2004 21:11 I assume by looking at the script this is the first of a few errors to come as I'm thinking its the first of 3 ball prop creations that the rest of the script uses. Course I'm no python programmer, so I'm just guessing. It worked for the rest of the posers (propack, 5, 6) but 7 broke it :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 2:00 PM

Add the line

import Numeric

just after the header comments and before the rest of the script.

bwldrd ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 3:29 PM

Sweet, works again. Thank you very much :D

JQP ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 4:46 PM

What's PoseGenie?

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 6:39 PM
bushi ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 8:50 PM

Thanks for fielding that one nruddock! =) I hadn't been able to get to the forums till this evening so this is the first I'd seen of this request. I haven't done any updates to PoseGenie since I moved over to OS X a little over a year ago. TkInter (the standard Python GUI tool) hasn't available in the OS X version of PoserPython till P7. I do have to update to OS X 1.4 or later to get to it but updating is in the wings. I've been looking at some ideas that should speed up the positioning process quite a bit and also make the limit editing easier.

bwldrd ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 11:29 PM

New updated version? I'll be waiting patiently :D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.