Thu, Sep 19, 6:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Attn Poser animators.. learn to composite

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 02 January 2007 at 7:06 AM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 9:11 AM

Attached Link: warning 10 meg WMV File!!

Here are some brief  examples of how composting can save you ALOT OF RENDER TIME the are open GL preview renders from DAZ studio and Poser6 Compsited into oher environments

My website

YouTube Channel

Warangel ( ) posted Tue, 02 January 2007 at 7:15 AM

Very nice post. Always good to learn some new techniques. I like the music too. What was it?

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 02 January 2007 at 7:33 AM

Thanks
the music is from one of the star trek movies
"first contact" I think

My website

YouTube Channel

Warangel ( ) posted Tue, 02 January 2007 at 7:36 AM

Bah... now I am embarassed, being a Star Wars fan and all...

Once again, great video. Always enjoy your work Wolf.

skeetshooter ( ) posted Tue, 02 January 2007 at 10:05 AM

Which background color do you think gives you the cleanest knockouts of Poser motion movies in After Effects (or Final Cut Pro)? I've noticed the standard grey background causes trouble when there are edge shadows on the figure, but a blue or green background can leave a notable border that is a pain to deal with. I suppose the answer varies with the figure and the scene they're being dropped into via compositing. SS

Jimdoria ( ) posted Tue, 02 January 2007 at 11:09 AM

Skeetshooter, I'd think your answer might depend on what app you are using to do your compositing. If you have a chromakey function in your compositor, blue or green is probably the best choice because the software should handle the removal of those colors automatically. If you are seeing a border, than either the software isn't quite up to the task or something else is out of whack.

BTW, for compositing, uncompressed video is the best way to go, if it won't break your hard drive. Video compression can introduce artifacts that are difficult or impossible for the chromakeying software to remove. (A lot of chromakeyers originally had problems with DV video for just this reason. I think this has improved since, though.)

• Jimdoria  ~@>@

CuriousGeorge ( ) posted Tue, 02 January 2007 at 11:56 AM

In the last compositing example you showed how you exported bvh data from Daz Studio, can you also do this from Poser?

I very much want to export camera moves along with character motion.  If you could please describe this or point to a how-to, I would truly appreciate it.

Very nice work btw.

Regards,
                        CG

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 02 January 2007 at 8:16 PM

Poser can import from and export to BVH format.

But you're not going to get camera motion in a BVH file.  BVH is intended for figure motion only.

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Tue, 02 January 2007 at 8:59 PM

Argh!  The link is no longer working.  I'll try again later incase this is temporary, but the site says that I've "recieved the wrong link" and that I should "contact the owner".

Very excited to take a look, I hope this is temporary.

Larry F ( ) posted Tue, 02 January 2007 at 9:20 PM

What he said.

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 03 January 2007 at 7:10 AM

Sorry folks it looks like ive already exceeded my  bandwidthf or this month on my"free" account at mediamax.com

anyway to answer skeet shooter:
You do not need to have ANY  "Blue screen" or Green Screen"
backdrops for chroma key knockouts.

you render your animated element/figure uncompressed at millions+
against the default black background in DAZ studio or poser ,C4D et al
and that "black background will come into you your post compositing program
as completley transparent revealing the new backdrop, Still or animated,
that you have layered behind it. 

My website

YouTube Channel

skeetshooter ( ) posted Wed, 03 January 2007 at 8:27 AM

Thanks, wolf. Haven't been able to get that to happen out of Poser in any other way, so I'll give it a shot.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Wed, 03 January 2007 at 2:39 PM

One other alternative... Set your Poser background to have a color similar to the color you're compositing it over. If you're compositing it over a dark background, black will do just fine but if you're compositing it over a light background you might try to come close to it within Poser. Since you're rendering with an alpha you're probably OK regardless of what you do, but this is an extra 'just in case' thing you can do to increase your odds of everything looking right.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Warangel ( ) posted Wed, 03 January 2007 at 2:47 PM

Anti-aliasing is what happens with Poser. Even with the alpha channel, you still get some "colour blend" which is why the poster before me is referring to.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.