Sun, Oct 6, 2:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: P7 doesn't render with raytracing on .

JOEANOMALY ( ) posted Mon, 01 January 2007 at 12:40 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:25 PM

Yes I know, that I must be doing something wrong, but I can't get raytracing to work in P7.
Please, help.

Joe

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 01 January 2007 at 12:44 PM

Any chance of a screen cap to see what your settings are??

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

JOEANOMALY ( ) posted Mon, 01 January 2007 at 1:05 PM

file_364235.jpg

Here's a print sceen of settings. i hope you can help.

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 01 January 2007 at 1:12 PM

Well from what I can see I'm not sure!
What is it you are trying to raytrace and how do you know it hasn't?

The one thing I would say on the settings there is that the Raytrace bounce is too low IMO, I normally have that at 3.
I gotta say I tend not to use the pre defined settings, I use my own and save them!
Try increasing the settings and see if that sorts it, sorry that's the best I can offer there!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

JOEANOMALY ( ) posted Mon, 01 January 2007 at 1:25 PM

When I render with raytracing on, no image is rendered. Textures, objects, light shadows,load, but no render. I get a blank image ( not a blank screen).  Thanks for trying, Mr. Fixer.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 01 January 2007 at 1:30 PM

Have you checked that "Visible in Raytracing" is enabled under Properties window tab for the figures/props in your scene? ;)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 01 January 2007 at 1:32 PM

Oh right, sorry I misunderstood, I thought your raytracing didn't work, not no image at all,
Hmm that's a strange one all right!!
Does it go through the loading textures bit and all that in the bottom left?

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

JOEANOMALY ( ) posted Mon, 01 January 2007 at 1:37 PM

Visible ray tracing is checked on all figuresprops and it shows everything loading in the bottom left.

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 01 January 2007 at 1:41 PM

Don't take this the wrong way but, How big is the scene? Are you waiting long enough for it to render? If it's complex then it could be quite a while before you see anything!
P7 does seem to have this little trick of saying "rendering" and then the preview window goes blank for a bit before you see anything, does on mine anyway [LOL].
Sorry if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs but I don't know what else to suggest!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

JOEANOMALY ( ) posted Mon, 01 January 2007 at 1:50 PM

Hmmm... I do make complicated scenes. Perhaps I didn't wait long enough, thought I did, but maybe not.  Thanks, I'l  give it a longer chance to kick in on my next render. I appreciate the help.

Joe

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 01 January 2007 at 2:48 PM · edited Mon, 01 January 2007 at 2:49 PM

obviously it will slow things down tremendously, but one might also set shading rate at 0.1 or 0.2 and raytrace bounces at 4 or 5, if a more realistic render is one's goal. not certain if auto settings will produce bad shadows (see poser gallery for examples in P4/5/6), but the auto settings there are not encouraging (I haven't bought P7 yet).

mylemonblue ( ) posted Mon, 01 January 2007 at 5:22 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2858073&ebot_calc_page#message_2858073

If other things don't work see **stewer** about a third of the way down the page on this link. He gives a reason why you might be having that problem. I hope this helps.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

Dave8 ( ) posted Mon, 01 January 2007 at 6:25 PM · edited Mon, 01 January 2007 at 6:26 PM

Do u have a dual core cpu if soo did u play with the dual caore settings inside poser

set them back to normal   and move the slider upto 2 and render

Nvlonewulf ( ) posted Mon, 01 January 2007 at 7:26 PM

I'm having the same problem.  It renders fine in draft, then when it renders in final all I get is the background shader.  First time it happened it was a blank gray, next time it was a blank black.  Both times that's what color the background  was.  So I switched to Poser 4 render. Same blank render... I went down from final closer to draft. Hoping that at some point it would render okay. It didn't. Instead an error came up about having a bad texture file.  

This has been most frustrating because part of this scene is simulated cloth, which has not been saving correctly. Each time I open the scene I have to re-do the simulation. Grrr. And with Poser7 crashing I had to re-do the simulation alot.  

But I did manage to get a final render of just V4, the cloth simulated skirt/top and two props. Sized 1000 x 1020.  

I'm testing it to see if Poser will render the other part of the scene in final.

The only thing I don't procrastinate is procrastinating. That I do right away.

Nvlonewulf ( ) posted Tue, 02 January 2007 at 1:02 PM

By the way, I was able to render the other part of this scene. It's when it's combined by importing the second scene that it renders only the background color.

The only thing I don't procrastinate is procrastinating. That I do right away.

Morgano ( ) posted Tue, 02 January 2007 at 2:35 PM

Poser 7 does also seem to be fairly temperamental.   I have had something like this happen:  three characters in a scene, probably rather too many lights and raytracing on in the manual settings (and set to 6 or 7, maybe).   Poser seemed to go through the render preliminaries happily enough and then stopped, just when the actual rendering seemed to be about to start.   I know that the render had stopped completely, because Poser wasn't using any CPU.   When I tried to re-display the preview, I got that old texture-size problem and Poser promptly shut down.   I re-started and was able to render the whole scene with exactly the same settings.  

I had previously tried to do a quick render of the same scene, possibly with a couple fewer lights and with very unambitious render settings - that brought Poser down in seconds.

CuriousGeorge ( ) posted Tue, 02 January 2007 at 2:48 PM

I found that, importing meshes from other apps (I use a REALLY OLD modeler, it's so lame) can be problematic.  I used to have issues where I'd render and see nothing (although preview looked fine).  Turned out that it was due to "backfacing polygons".  Make sure you enable this in your render settings to see if that is the culprit.

Late,
           George

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.