Tue, Oct 22, 8:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: Tiff question

Deal ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2001 at 11:34 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:44 AM

Is there a way to make a tiff file into a multi page type document? So someone can kind of flip thru pages? Also, is tiff better than jpeg or bmp?

Don ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2001 at 2:29 PM

Not quite sure I understand your query. Do you want to make ONE Tiff into multiple pages or several Tiffs? If several, look into Adobe Acrobat Distiller. You can make cross-platform docs, multiple pages, easy to "flip" thru. Many have Acrobat Reader, avaiable free. You may have it and not know it. Look on HD or on CDs with new Applications or Browsers. Tiffs are best for importing into another program, like a page layout program, Quark XPress. JPGs are best for WWW pages that have blending color. GIFs are also for WWW pages where the image is more hard edged, with flat color. I don't use BMPs much.

Deal ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2001 at 2:43 PM

Thanks I think I figured it out.

TOM ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2001 at 5:03 PM

Hi Deal, always keep in mind that jpg is a destructive file format. So always save a tiff or bmp file of your pictures...

Deal ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2001 at 8:28 AM

What do you mean destructive?

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2001 at 11:05 PM

Tif files use LZW compression which is "lossless", i.e. the no data is lost and the uncompressed version is identical to the original, but LZW generally cannot squish files down as small as jpeg compression. Jpeg compression is "lossy" (some data is thrown out during compression and later estimated for display).

Deal ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2001 at 8:19 AM

Thanks fort all the help.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.