Sun, Aug 4, 3:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 6:41 am)

Subject: Simon Says ... Show Me ...

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 03 January 2007 at 4:40 PM · edited Sun, 22 October 2023 at 7:06 PM

file_364465.jpg

...ROCKS! Any kind of rocks. Gems to sand to slate to marble. Polished or raw. Dirty or clean. Rock on...

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

babuci ( ) posted Wed, 03 January 2007 at 7:36 PM

file_364476.jpg

Cool Simon Kort, nice agate macro with all the marine colors! Here is mine...one rock, dirthy as I find it in a riverbed....yes the inlet show a fin inprints on a rock. And some semi - precccccccious stone.  Sorry for a double upload.

seeya  Tunde

babuci ( ) posted Wed, 03 January 2007 at 7:36 PM

file_364477.jpg

nongo ( ) posted Wed, 03 January 2007 at 10:09 PM

file_364491.jpg

Fossil shot on a marble tabletop... Great Simon!!!!!

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 9:23 AM

Nice examples Tunde and Akemi! Bothe the fin prints and fossil are fascinating, and I love that little rock tree knick knack! =o]

babuci ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 3:19 PM

Thanks Kort...that little tree, I use to make them with different shapes and colored stones...one of those long time forgotten hobby!

Akemi...this looks like a carving in stone...cool stuff!

seeya  Tunde.....where is everybody else...?

MattMc_3 ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 6:35 PM

file_364583.jpg

I present... Chia Rock

Matt

DJB ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 2:53 AM

file_364612.jpg

I got a rock.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 11:57 AM

Seems like we are on a rocky road here... :o)

Onslow ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 3:15 PM · edited Fri, 05 January 2007 at 3:18 PM

file_364640.jpg

Nice rocks everyone - well afraid mine is not as ornamental as some of yours.

Just a little bit of rock Mount St Helens spat out in 1980 - but it has meaning to me. 

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 3:52 PM

Looks like a stale bit of brownie...but I like it! ;'P

tofi ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 5:48 PM

file_364658.jpg

Boji Stone

A smile is a curve that has set many things straight

tofi ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 5:49 PM

file_364659.jpg

Smokey Quartz

tofi ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 5:49 PM

file_364660.jpg

Cetrine Quartz

nongo ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 10:07 PM

file_364675.jpg

My hand full of rubies, not rocks,but gems... anyway I hope you like this one...

nongo ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 10:37 PM

file_364677.jpg

Two of the best beach rock finds of the day!!!!!! Aren't these cool?????

babuci ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 2:03 AM

Beach rocks!!! Akemi, those rocks looks cool!  Tofi how big is the smokey quartz of yours?  Looks big on this shot. I have some but not that BIG...! Great I love this tread!

seeyus  Tunde

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 11:08 AM

file_364701.jpg

These pics are full size, posted on eBay a few years ago, old Minolta DImage point and shoot. This is a piece of opal, in natural light and backlit.        

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 7:37 PM · edited Sun, 07 January 2007 at 7:37 PM

file_364805.jpg

This is opalized wood...pertified wood but opal and not the general agate rock sort. Sure, not with fire as in opal from Aussie land.

Tofi, are those flecks of color from the boji rocks? What is boji stone?

babuci ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 9:18 PM

Tom...long ago I hade a good time fossicking for opal in Lightning Ridge. Best place to find them. I kept a few "raw" just for memmory we never find speciment like yours. I have some cut  and polished as well, most of them triplets, I have one big solid white thou. 

Boji stone? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boji_stone I did hear about it but didn't know much of it....I don't have one but as from now on it is on my list to get it.

seeya  Tunde

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 11:24 AM

file_364862.jpg

Yay! Scotland *Rocks*!!!

LOL. :laugh:

I have quite a few of 'rock' shots from Scotland. Especially the 'standing' kind...Unfortunately, they aren't that great looking.

Anyway, some of these are so very  beautiful. This was a great idea, Kortalouche!

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 12:55 PM

file_364869.jpg

Wow, I did not expect this Simon to take off so well. I'm pleasantly suprised. Lots of neat stuff. Rocks have always been an interest of mine, I even took a course in Geology in college. Boji stones are also interesting, especially how they have the ability to alter bioelectric feild. Here is some carved marble. Thanks for playing guys and gals, you're turn Tunde.

TomDart ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 5:39 PM · edited Fri, 12 January 2007 at 5:44 PM

file_365348.jpg

This one is petrified wood, likely from Arizona, USA.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 1:30 PM

Nice Tom. I have a hunk of that stuff somewhere. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.