Thu, Sep 19, 5:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Q: P7 render speed and AMD Turion?

puddykat ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 11:01 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:20 PM

I am not very computer savy. Does Poser 7 render faster than Poser 6 only on parallel/multi-processor machines or will it also render faster on my my HP laptop with an AMD Turion processor and on other more simple chips such as Pentium II and Pentium III? Thank you. 

I hesitate to ask this follow up, I have seen the official minimal requirements for Poser 7, but what are the practical minimal requirements for runninging it without being utterly frustrated I wonder? Who has been running it on the most primitive system here?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 9:51 PM

I've done several test renders on my old Athlon XP 2000+, and P7 is noticeably faster.

In P6, the test scene rendered in 18 minutes 56 seconds.

In P7, the test scene rendered in as little as 16 minutes 33 seconds.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.