Mon, Sep 9, 5:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: V4 Rubish

jugoth ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:19 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 6:36 PM

It's a good character when most v4 poses work right but other wise she is a waste of space, as no other poses work with her and if do screw up shoulders and arm's.
Even poser 7 universal poses wont work with her as shoulders and arms tottaly screw out, a bloody pain realy a great charater useless except for doing 20 poses if they work right.

spacedragon1234 ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:23 AM

So what you are saying is "Right now there isn't enough support for her" not "she's rubbish".

In a year's time, everything will be V4. Then again, doesn't help you now :-)

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:27 AM

Poses in general work fine with any figure, yes you may need to tweak them a bit but so what, it's not that big an issue is it??

You can't expect instant results everytime without putting some effort in!!

Make art button anyone!!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:32 AM · edited Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:33 AM

30 day money back guarantee, get your money back /shrug

ps Poser 7 universal poses don't work too well with Sydney either

My Freebies

spacedragon1234 ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:32 AM

Pushes "make art button" ... nothing happens ... cries

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:51 AM · edited Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:51 AM

Quote - Pushes "make art button" ... nothing happens ... cries

You need Wardrobe Wizard or one of the Clothing Creation Modules by Philc.  They have a "Make Art" button that ACTUALLY WORKS!

It really does!

:lol:  Really!

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

Vially ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 6:48 AM

Quote - as no other poses work with her ....

Actually, I have found that she loads every single V3 pose that I have tried, without having to modify them for her very much. An arm might be too close or pass through the hip instead of rest on it, but the adjustments are minor.

I'm finding that V4 is a much more enjoyable character to work with. My biggest problem is that I am still on P5, so the software does just stop responding. (Course I am attempting to do things with the HiRes skins, 2-3 chars, + Props, so I am adjusting.)

I've ordered my copy of P7, but am told by Amazon that the expected ship date is February 2nd - 17th! :

Anyone remember how many & how long the posts were that stated "Oh I hate V3... she's this, she's not this, this doesn't work, that... Blah, blah, blah."  I mean com on V4 has been out what... a month? Two maybe, give her some time, people will figure her out.

V

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 6:50 AM

^^ similar experience, V4 takes V3 poses quite well for the most part except for things that are V3-specific like IK toggle for hands, had that actually screw up a V4 character pretty badly.

My Freebies

jonthecelt ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 7:05 AM

The only thing I've found with V4 is that some of the clothing I've gotten for her, such as the Poserworld stuff, doesn't magnetise properly to a morphed character. That's a little annoying, considering that was the whole point of the magnetise option (or am I missing something), but I'm quite happy to pay the 4.95 to PhilC shortly to get the WW add-on for V4 and solve it that way.

jonthecelt

jugoth ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 7:31 AM

Well i have put poser 5 back on and got her to do so many v3 poses so far though poser 7 still shags them up, so will have to do all posing in 5 then save and load in poser 8.

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 7:39 AM

You don't like poser 7 but you're already talking about 8?   o.O

jugoth ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 7:55 AM

No i mean 7 have had no 8 on me brain from last night, been doing stuff involving no 8

Cheers ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 10:15 AM

My god...is it too hard to pose her to the pose you want? It ain't rocket science!
Don't blame a product because of your own inabilities!

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

jonnybode ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 10:16 AM

Hi!

I find em universal poses to work quite well on V4, if I just keep my hands of Morphos before applying the pose everything works nice.

And by the way, I like Poser 7 too  ;-)

Regards / Jonny

EricJ ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 11:51 AM

Quote - That's a little annoying, considering that was the whole point of the magnetise option (or am I missing something),

jonthecelt

Your missing something... :)  The magnetise option does not create the character morphs in the clothing. It allows the bending magnets to effect the clothing as well. In effect it works like the old JCM morphs that adjust the figure when bending.

Nvlonewulf ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 2:46 PM · edited Sat, 06 January 2007 at 2:47 PM

I did this pose from standing. 
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1357455
I didn't find it hard to do at all.  And I had to keep going back to frame one becuase I was having a rendering problem and had to re-do it a number of times.

As for the universal poses, I was trying them with Sydney, or Miki. I was playing with both that night. .... and her eyes popped out a bit.  Ouch.  Maybe it was  Miki because I remember thinking she had a facial morph which was probably why. 

Oh... and Wardrobe Wizard does indeed have a make art button that works.

The only thing I don't procrastinate is procrastinating. That I do right away.

PXP ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 11:28 AM

PXP to jugoth

To call V4 rubbish is not fair jugosh. As others have said here V4 is very new and you must wait and let DAZ work out the problems and sort out any bugs just give them time.

If you have V4 as you say you have then that's great, you can work with it for a while and let it stay in your tool kit until the problems have been fixed, all this has been said before in this forum.

At present I am not using V4 because I am still waiting for the extra body morphs promised this month (January). If the morphs work in the way that DAZ say they will, that is, they will function in the same way that the body morphs work for V3, then that brings me one step closer to getting V4. I am also holding back for textures from my favorite merchants. So far none of these have yet appeared but its early days.

So I am being patient and I am saying to you to also be patient and to give DAZ and the merchants out there time to come up with the goodies.

Vektor ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 1:37 PM

Is anyone else using V4 with Morphos in Poser 7? If so, can you please let me know how? I can't even seem to get Morphos to run in Poser 6.

Thanx

Tiari ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 2:15 PM

It took me about a year to break my addiction to canned poses.  Yup yup.  Granted i still use them, but only as a base if its close to what i want and work from there.

Then again the dial "bend" works too.

I've still yet to use V4 in a render, I'm not satisfied....... not with the figure, but my own ability.  My ability must catch up to the new model in my presence, and when it does, then we'll see what she can do lol.

elenorcoli ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 2:54 PM

i picked up v4 the first week cause some of the renders i saw were killer.  and that model blows me away.  (still working with v3 to finish a project though).  i really hate how everything gets higher and higher res, but man that figure is amazingly posable.  and beautiful to look and and very versatile in form.  best spend money in a long long time. 
i'll probably have to upgrade equipment though...grrr

elenorcoli ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 2:56 PM

jugoth you working with the poser staff?   that must be really fun

LadyElf ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 4:39 PM · edited Sat, 27 January 2007 at 4:39 PM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=2686&TopID=163266

> Quote - PXP to jugoth > > > > At present I am not using V4 because I am still waiting for the extra body morphs promised this month (January). .

Have you seen these at RDNA for V4?  They are really nice.

jonnybode ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 12:02 PM

Quote - Hi!

I find em universal poses to work quite well on V4, if I just keep my hands of Morphos before applying the pose everything works nice.

And by the way, I like Poser 7 too  ;-)

Regards / Jonny

I seem to have confused some members with my statement that I "keep my hands of Morphos before applying the pose " with V4, that is not true. (well a bit true as i do keep my hands of it in this case)
I meant "Morphforms" and nothing else :-)

Regards / Jonny

ruby_dragon ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 12:13 PM

I think V4's an amazing character; she's actually my 1st Victoria, to be honest ^__^ I think if we expand our mind's to the possibilities of her [bizarre, yes, arm structures], she may become even more versatile; whose to say. 

It's all in how you use her, my dear ;-)

*As well, as option: I use Poser 6, so I'm not sure how -5 might work but there's an option to go into the Pose Library and "Add a Pose" - if you want, why don't you just "add a pose," from like Aiko, for example- but before saving/finalizing it, go into the "Select Subset" area, and uncheck any of the boxes containing "Right Collar," "Left Collar," "Chest," etc. Surely, the morphs should apply to the corresponding body parts ... Come to think of it ^__^ I'm going to try it right now!!!

*I hope that helps ... (that took a minute to conjure, ane the next question .. Why do I always have these grandios ideas in the bathroom?!!!!!!!)

PS - V4's Wet Skin Mat: Super awesome ^___^ I rendered 500x500pix, 72dpi- looks PHENOMINAL [I vote we buy her creators a present, but that's just me ;-) kidding :)

*hugs*
-Jen Dyck

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 12:31 PM · edited Sun, 28 January 2007 at 12:31 PM

I sometimes wonder why the program is called "Poser"

Could it be that it's because you can... gasp... POSE figures in it? All by yourself?

No, let's declare the figures rubbish to take the focus away from our own inabilities!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Saluki ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 3:53 PM

Quote - I sometimes wonder why the program is called "Poser"

Could it be that it's because you can... gasp... POSE figures in it? All by yourself?

No, let's declare the figures rubbish to take the focus away from our own inabilities!

lol... How true! I admit to having bought canned poses (and will use one as a starting point if I'm in a hurry AND it's close to what I'm looking for in the final result... however I have yet to use a canned pose without tinkering it into submission in some manner. If the project isn't a rush job, I will start from scratch as I actually enjoy a sense of accomplishment working around peculiar joint issues and contortions! 

ruby_dragon ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 4:06 PM

Quote - canned poses

I wouldn't mind adding that to a Poser dictionary =harhar=

=3

*hugs*
-Jen Dyck

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.