Mon, Sep 9, 5:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: V4 No Ear morph?

Warangel ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 7:53 AM · edited Sun, 14 July 2024 at 8:56 AM

Well, I finally broke down and bought V4. Liking her so far. Does anyone happen to know where there is a no ears morph? And if there isn't one, is anyone willing to make one please?

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 9:24 AM

There is a free Vulcan morph for her in the Free area here at 'Rosity!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Warangel ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 9:46 AM

Yes, I saw the Vulcan one, but is there one for "No ears"? As in, remove the ears, not make them pointy :)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 12:34 PM

Attached Link: No "creature" morphs for V4? Yes, there will be!!!

I think DAZ has a 'Monster Morph" pack in the works and I'm quite sure that will provide all the more interesting morphs you will need such as that.  While awaiting that release you never know when someone might figure out a way to that and post it as a freebie!! 😉

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 2:59 PM

You could also try doing it yourself with the morph/smooth tool, if you have Poser 7 (or of course some other modeling app)

My Freebies

Warangel ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 3:08 PM

I don't have Poser 7 (yet), and sadly have no understanding of how to model in any app.

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 4:03 PM

file_364645.jpg

Neither do I...

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 4:07 PM · edited Fri, 05 January 2007 at 4:10 PM

You can have that morph if you can tell me how to give it to you, I've spawned a morph target and I can see the dial on the parameter window but I've no idea how to separate that out to make it transportable.  It's pretty rudimentary but ^_^ took ten minutes.

edit:  Duh, it's just a pose isn't it!  Just a minute...

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 4:37 PM

A bit more complicated but I figured it out (export the head as Wavefront OBJ, only checked "As Morph Target").  I tested this with a new V4 and it seems to work.  It's too big for the forum to take though (514k).  PM me your email address if you want this and I'll send it to you.

My Freebies

JoePublic ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 4:53 PM

"...export the head as Wavefront OBJ....and I'll send it to you."

DAZ doesn't allow distribution of actual geometry.
Morphs must be distributed as deltas only.

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 5:26 PM

I didn't export the mesh, only the morph target.  Seems to me that is OK (you can't build the mesh from the morph target data only can you?)

My Freebies

JoePublic ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 5:37 PM · edited Fri, 05 January 2007 at 5:42 PM

If you export a morph target as an obj file, then you DO export (part of) the mesh.

http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/faq/0/-/?id=3

If you want to legally distribute your morph, you have to turn it into an injection file, or at least encode it against V4's geometry.

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 6:59 PM

So...  I need something like this:
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/152f4179909766d53e9bcdd1595893db/?item=1225&spmeta=ab

... in order to create injection poses?  Not that I have great incentive to do this because I have no interest in becoming a merchant, but eh, two bucks ^_^

My Freebies

spacedragon1234 ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:39 AM

I'm sure Daz won't mind if you just email it to one guy who already has V4 and don't do it again. Just don't post it in a public place for anyone to download, and don't give it to anyone who doesn't have V4 already. In fact, just email it to him and forget you did it. :-) Really doesn't make sense for them to make a fuss about that, it going to be bad for business.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:57 AM

You need something like this: www.rtencoder.com/

It's free and very simple to use,too.  It encodes against the V4 obj, so the file can only be decoded by someone who has RTEencoder and V4.  You might want to practice with it some, but it is simple. It's an accepted way to supply morphs and such.

AND free,too!

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 6:00 AM

Shrug, I can spring for two bucks - I am taking advantage of my Platinum Club discount today anyway, now that I've bought Wardrobe Wizard, and scooping up basically all the V3 clothing that doesn't have anything that looks too terribly fiddly e.g. buckles and straps and whatnot, so another $2 on top of $50 won't bother me.

My Freebies

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 9:24 AM

Attached Link: http://www.morphworld30.com/tutorials/squishing.html

Encoding isn't necessary for morphs, squishing the OBJ file will do.

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 9:26 AM

Neat info, thanks :)

My Freebies

semidieu ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 1:15 PM

And could you make a little tutorial to show us how you did it ?

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:11 PM

Me?  How I did which?  The smoothing of the ear, or whatever else?

My Freebies

semidieu ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 6:45 AM

the "no ear" morph (picture you posted above...)

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 8:29 AM · edited Sun, 07 January 2007 at 8:31 AM

file_364757.jpg

In Poser 7, I just zoomed in on the head, activated the Morph tool, switched to the Create tab, picked the Smooth mode, and ... smoothed it down :)

Sample attached.  It was really, really easy.

My Freebies

semidieu ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 9:18 AM

Didn't thought using the "Smooth" thing ! Thanks !

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 9:32 AM

There was a bit of pushing and pulling too, you'll figure it out.  It literally took me about 10 or 15 minutes.

My Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.