Sat, Sep 21, 5:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: I think i found a reason for problematic Poser 7 empty imports into V6I

Sourdough ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 11:45 PM

I have no problems importing Poser 6 files into Vue 5 but have not been able to import any Poser 7 files. Have uncompressed Poser7 and still no luck.

Paul Francis ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 2:30 AM

A bit off-topic, but after years of using earlier verions of Poser with Bryce with virtually no problems, I have put P7 back in the box and am going to sell it on Ebay.....it just does not work at all with Bryce (or my Vue 5 Infinite, for that matter); absolute piece of s**t.  Total waste of £90!

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

psyvampiress ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 11:50 AM

"When P7 arrived, the first thing I did was uncompress and delete all the OBZ which can be done with a python script already there. Everyone that uses Poser with Vue should do that simple thing first, if they have problems after that then fair enough!!"

Is the scirpt in poser? How can I do this? LOL.

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 12:01 PM

If you're using P7, then it's under "Scripts / Utility / Uncompress Poser Files!
Make sure you tick the box that says "delete OBZ after uncompressing", if you leave them in there, you'll still get problems.

If you're on P6 then the path is pretty similar!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 12:03 PM

By the way, this works for me, I have no issues with Poser 6 or 7 imports into Vue6Inf, but others apparently still do!
Don't know why, but try it, it might work for you too!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 12:04 PM

And don't forget to do the same thing to any other runtimes that you access through your main one.
That's it this time, Honest!!!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 5:25 PM

I've had word from eon today. My import problems are to do with poser 7 and they are trying to work with EF to fix the problem. This is from John Canver at eon:- It is actually the Poser SDK which is in charge of locating the textures, so Vue's additional texture directories are not used in that case. Anyway, apparently, this is even worse: it seems Poser6 geometry is badly imported when pointing to Poser 7 application. we're currently in contact with the Poser developpers to find out what is happening. We hope to come up with a solution asap. thank you.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 3:43 AM

Yes I had that very same message from a different support issue, seems like they're using a stock answer now, prolly to get through the back log!!

I'm sorry to say though, the only time I have a Poser import problem is if I forgot to uncompress after installing new content!
You have to uncompress every runtime though!
Sorry for you that still have an issue!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:08 AM

And I bet you keep your runtime in poser 7. But all my runtimes are external. Do they still work when they are external. I think vue only searches when the texures are in the poser 7 folder. Love esther

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:22 AM

Hi Esther, At the moment my P6 runtime is linked to P7, they're both on the same drive, eventually I will migrate my P6 stuff into the P7 runtime and use Collections instead of having multiple runtimes which I've never been a fan of!

I find doing back ups is easier, al I do is copy the entire runtime to an External HD, if I get a crash it's just a matter of re-installing Poser, deleting the runtime it puts in and copying my backup one from my XHD.

I had 2 HD crashes last year and this system made it very quick to get back up and running, you have to be strict with yourself to do the backups every week though! [LOL].

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

iloco ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:31 AM

I keep my runtimes on a different partion also and Vue 7 and Poser 6 Inf have lots of problems working together.
  There is a warning about keeping runtimes in Poser 7 on one the forums that if you uninstall poser 7 it will wipe out your runtimes with it.  
This I do not want to happen with so many gigs of runtime files installed on my computer. :)

ïÏøçö

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:35 AM

Iloco, it can't do that if you have backed it up, if you uninstall P7 and then re-install it, it will reinstall with a new runtime yes, fine!  But if you have a backed up runtime from P7 it really is as easy as deleting the P7 runtime and replacing it with your backed up one!! It still works because all the native P7 stuff is still in there!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

iloco ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:43 AM

Understand you clearly.  I dont think you read what I said very good.
  I said if you install to the runtime that is in Poser 7 it will be wiped out when poser 7 is uninstalled if for some reason a person needs to uninstall it.

You are very lucky you have poser 7 working for you.  I and lots of others are having problems.  When e-on and e frontier both confirm there are problems then I take them at their word and am patiencly waiting for a patch that will fic Poser 7 and vue as Poser 6 and Vue 5 worked so good together. ::)

ïÏøçö

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:56 AM

I said if you install to the runtime that is in Poser 7 it will be wiped out when poser 7 is uninstalled if for some reason a person needs to uninstall it. 

Iloco: That would be the same for any software if you do a complete uninstall, if you have a backed up runtime though it wouldn't be an issue if you needed to uninstall the main programme because you'd still have the backup to use, I clearly don't see your point though.
Any software that has a runtime, that runtime can be backed up and used to replace a runtime in a new install!

Also I have never said I have P7 working ok for me, I don't!    What I have said is that I haven't had any problems importing Poser stuff into Vue6Inf and I stand by that, **it's not my fault if it works ok, it just does!!
As for SDK issues, yes something generates an SDK error log each time I use Poser or Vue and I too have reported it to both companies!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 5:15 AM

Ilocos reason isn't the same reason why I keep my poser runtimes separately. I just find it easier organizational wise and I haven't looked into "collections" in fact I'd forgotton about it and don't know anything about it. Please tell me about collections and how you set it up. But let me tell you the story of an earlier version of Vue, I think it might have been initial vue5. Same problem importing poser textures, until I put my poser 4 runtime into poser 5 folder as well as several other external runtimes. Worked perfectly. I think I was one of the first ones who had it working nicely out of the people having problems. But now all my old Pz3s have this funny path so I can't undo it, and some 3d softwares that import Pz3s into them, might find the weird arrangment hard to cope with and so now I wish my poser 4 runtime wasn't inside my poser 5 runtime but it's too late. So I haven't got my runtimes in poser 7. I think Vue 6 would probably work pretty nicely if they were inside poser 7 as i"m convinced this is where vue is looking for textures. Will upgrading to poser 8 be easy enough though from that one day? I don't want more weird funny paths to things. Love esther

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 5:28 AM

Esther: Collections are supposed to be for placing all the bits you need for a scene in one place and can be brought in from main and or external runtimes so you can access them from one place instead of navigating all your external runtimes if you have them.
Now you could in theory have all your V3 stuff for instance in a "collection", your clothing, hair, props etc. all for V3 in one place, yea I know you prolly do that anyway with an external runtime but it "might" work better as a collection! Maybe!
Haven't actually tried this yet because I too am waiting until I know my P7 is stable enough to take P6 off!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 5:43 AM

Hmm. WEll what I've been doing is not quite as organized. I put V4 in her own runtime though. And I put a lot of my hair all in one runtime, but mostly my external runtimes are just my little purchases to make it easy to find the mat files and poses and hand poses and lights for the thing I have just bought. It's very quick and easy to name it as an external runtime and there are some other advantages to this method that I have found. If I could easilly do this through collections do you think this would be something good for me? Love esther

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 5:54 AM

If we forget about P7 for a minute and go back to P6 which is still my choice at the moment because 7 isn't right then the way mine is set up is different to yours.
My main library is as Poser intended, however what I have done is incluse Sub-folders in each of my main library folders and even sub-folders in sub-folders etc. I don't use any external runtimes and no the initial load time isn't excessive IMO.

As an example, the pose library folder has sub folders called "positional poses" "MAT poses" "animal poses" etc. lots of different ones!  Take that on a bit and the "positional poses" sub-folder also has a sub folder for "V3 poses" "A3 poses" "M3 poses" etc. and likewise the "MAT poses" sub-folder has sub folders like "hair MATS"  "Clothing MATS" "eyeMATS" etc.
Is this making sense??
Navigation is easy by using the little black triangle in your library pallete on the right hand side, do you know the one I mean.
Now back to P7, when it workds correctly I envisage setting up the same system but using the "Collections" tab!
I will try it after backing up my runtime first of course so if it screws it I can get it all back simply enough!!
Hope I haven't confused you, I've done it this way since P5.

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 6:15 AM

Aha I see, no that way won't fit in with my work flow unfortunately. It's complicated to explain why but my way works quickly for me as when I'm using lots of runtimes i flick between them by selecting a folder I'm not using such as lights, that way my pose in any one runtime for example is still the same folder when I go to it which saves me scrolling around. Oh and I can't really use poser 6 anymore since installing poser 7. It seems to crash. Strange hey. Well guess I have to give the eon staff a chance to get back from their holiday and see what they can do. Love esther

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 6:19 AM

Well that's the thing of it and it makes it easy to understand why they [ef & e-on] don't always get it right straight off, we all use different ways to achive the same end!
What works for you, works for you, and the same for everyone!
Cheers Esther!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 6:54 AM

Yep, guess they needed more beta testers. I would have done it hehe. Love esther

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 10:47 AM

Well I'm sure one or two of you [Iloco] [;-)], just kidding Iloco;  Will be happy to hear that I've at last had an import problem from P7 to V6I.

My latest pic in the gallery had to have the figure re-done in P6 because even with uncompressing I couldn't get the full import this time, the sword and shield just would not come in, Oh! nor the helmet!  These are G2 Koji props by the way!

Still, it's the very first one after all this time, perhaps I wasn't using the right props or should that be wrong props!!!  

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 4:13 PM

Go to preferences in Vue 6 and check the box that says "allow violence in scene". Love esther

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.