Sat, Aug 3, 5:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 3:43 am)

Subject: vicki's clothes DON'T conform!

animatour ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2001 at 6:16 PM ยท edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 5:01 AM

Hello: I just spent several hundred bucks buying clothing, models and textures from this site and DAZ for millenium people, and needless to say i'm upset that the clothing doesn't work. geometry peeks through all the time, and clothes fly off when people move. i have poser's latest update. is there one for victoria that make the clothes work??!?

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2001 at 6:33 PM

Well I don't know about the stuff from this site but it should work ..mIne works fine for the daz stuff ... conform and go ... If you make the bits bigger you have to mgent them to work as well but they should work . There was an updae to Vicki that made her work better ..

bjbrown ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2001 at 7:19 PM

I have problems with clothing not doing what I want it to, but I don't think it's a problem with the people designing the clothes. Clothes always lose their scaling, at least for me, when I move the figure. Also, no piece of clothing ever fits perfectly in every pose, and always needs a tweak. I don't know if there is a proper way to deal with these problems, being a beginner, but my way of dealing with it is by getting the poses right before applying clothing.

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2001 at 8:31 PM

I never used to have problems with Vicki's clothes until just recently. They just don't fit anymore. Her arms and shoulders poke through badly when I move her arms. I've tried everything and nothing works. This is a new problem. As I mentioned, it never did this before. When I got my new computer and reinstalled all my Poser stuff, this problem started happening, but not right away. It worked for a few days, then suddenly the clothes stopped fitting, especially the long sleeved items like the red dress. I have all the latest patches installed. It's very weird. Melanie

Photopium ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2001 at 10:01 PM

One problem that prevents clothes from conforming properly is the way the "Soften Hip" morphs keep sneaking up and being on when you didn't know they were. Zygote's poses always turn them on to like .5 or 1 or something. Also, freestuff poses are littered with morphs being turned on that do not affect the clothing. Make sure, then that all morphs are off on Victoria then apply clothes. You'll have slightly better performance. -WTB

sparrowheart ( ) posted Sat, 05 May 2001 at 4:21 AM

I have all of the patches applied, for both Poser AND Victoria, and still I cannot get those thigh high boots to conform. Maybe Victoria2 will have better luck? I hope so :(

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 05 May 2001 at 9:47 AM

I adjusted the soften hip dials for all body parts, but it doesn't affect the arms and shoulders at all, so that doesn't help. Clothes still don't fit. Melanie

JetM ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2001 at 1:43 PM

I've had pretty good luck with anything except the boots. Can't get the thigh or ankle boots to conform for anything. They stick out to the side.

animatour ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2001 at 3:43 PM

i've written an angry email to DAZ and we'll see what they say. I will post their reply here. it's preposterous to expect to have to buy yet ANOTHER model (victoria 2) just because this one doesn't work as advertised. And besides: what strange problems will version 2.0 have?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.