Mon, Sep 9, 7:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: .vob to .obj or .3ds???

webmaster421 ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 1:38 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 8:36 PM

Hi all,

An 'Osity MP vender has a model I really want, but it is in .vob format and I was wondering if any of you know how I can convert it to .obj or .3ds? I don't have Vue so I am very unfamiliar with converting it's formats, or if it's at all possible? 

Thanks for any help! Best regards...

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 2:29 PM · edited Mon, 15 January 2007 at 2:30 PM

You have 2 choices:

1. Email the vendor and ask if he'll convert it for you.
  2. Buy V6I, IIRC this the only version that allows for export of non-locked items. If I'm wrong about the version needed someone will come along & shortly & correct me.

There is no available converter for .vob to anything as .vob is proprietary to Vue as is .max to 3ds Max

Sorry :(

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 2:36 PM

Quote - I don't have Vue so I am very unfamiliar with converting it's formats, or if it's at all possible?

Only Vue can read VOB files.
Also you would need Infinite or XStream to be able to export (if permitted) to other 3D formats.

webmaster421 ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 3:03 PM

Thanks for the replies folks...

**to dlk30341L:

**"Email the vendor and ask if he'll convert it for you."
--> Yes, I did this, but the vendor said the model is only in Vue format. :-(

"Buy V6I, IIRC this the only version that allows for export of non-locked items.:
--> Well, the model I wanted to buy from the vendor is only 5 bucks, so buying a program just for a 5 dollar model isn't really an option. LOL

"There is no available converter for .vob to anything as .vob is proprietary to Vue as is .max to 3ds Max"
--> Yes, but I was hoping that some program out there could convert it. heavy sigh Oh well...

**nruddock:
"Only Vue can read VOB files."
--> Again, Heavy Sigh 

best regards...

MyVue ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 3:55 PM

Hello webmaster421,

just send you a private message. Maybe we can find a solution :-)

Silke

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.