Thu, Sep 19, 11:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: 3D morphable model face animation - Youtube.com

jeffg3 ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 4:04 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:40 PM

Gotta check this out...

3D morphable model face animation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nice6NYb_WA

Very, very cool....

carodan ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 5:17 PM

That's so cool!

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

pitklad ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 5:22 PM

Very coool!!!
Thanks for the link!
I'm working on Domus face morphs and searching  images of face  shapes and expressions so that video is a great help  :thumbupboth:

My FreeStuff

Kung-Fool ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 3:27 AM

omg.....my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw the software automatically conform the base head to match Tom Hanks's face with a level of accuracy I had never dreamed was possible with todays hardware. I wonder if it actually only took the few seconds that the video showed to complete its calculation or if they sped up the video. Either way, that was an AMAZING demonstration!  Here's hoping that this software will be made available to the public sometime soon. I mean the technology level has obviously been achieved, its just a matter of putting it into a program that the layman can utilize efficiently. 

Oh man imagine if the Poser face room could do what was shown in that video!  Somebody with influence please see if they can get these guys to license their technology to Efrontier lol!  I'm assuming that this software was created to aid in the creation of biological cybernetics, a worthy cause I suppose, but it could do so much more in the entertainment business!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 3:39 AM

DROOLS

Oh man.. this is what the Face room should be.... dreams

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 4:06 AM · edited Tue, 16 January 2007 at 4:07 AM

Attached Link: Volker Blanz's home page

Search for Volker Blanz on the web to find out more. One of the faces in that animation is the man himself, I think. ;)

mylemonblue ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 5:27 AM

🤤

Let the count down to it finding it's way into poser begin... :biggrin:

Face room 2.0? Hehehe... :tongue2:

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

pixelwks ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:05 PM

Looks like it was done with Facegen which is really an easy program to use.

http://www.facegen.com/

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 5:32 PM

Yeah it looks like FaceGen. Except that it's not THAT easy to turn a photo into a facegen face...

The major problem with FaceGen is to .. well.. attach the faces to a Poser figure.

Which is why I'd LOVE this to be part of the Face Room.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.