Mon, Sep 2, 9:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 02 7:21 am)

Subject: Damn'it! Nobody want that happens!!!!

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 4:35 AM · edited Sun, 11 August 2024 at 1:26 PM

Ya, nobody wants to see that, especially when you have not saved your work! :cursing:

It's the french equivalent of what you may have on your screen sometimes (unlucky me!)

I was trying my render with texture filtering on, but i have now to admit it's better to leave it off! lol!

The strange thing after that is that the CPU curiously "eat" one of your texture, no way to load it again, only to reboot Poser :bored:

My Store

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 4:37 AM

oups, i had forgotten to put the topic picture of this thread :tongue2:

My Store

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 4:38 AM
Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 5:22 AM

I get that message all of the time!!!!  I don't have much memory on my desktop and every single time I render anything I get that message. I have to hide huge amounts of a figure and render in sections and assemble in a graphic program!  Sometimes it will take me 5 to 8 renders or more to render a single clothed figure, and forget raytracing!!! I have to do all of my metal effects in post work because turning raytracing onto anymore than 2 gives me that message.

And you're right. Once that happens the only way out of it is to press "reset" button on the computer, at least on my computer.  CTRL ALT DEL won't even shut my computer down after I get that message.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

adp001 ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 5:42 AM
vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 6:59 AM

For my part, i don't reset my computer, but to close Poser and then open again is sufficient. But the strange thing is even if you open a new scene (without closing Poser), the texture "eaten" won't come in.  A reel mystery is the science (even art, isn't it?) :tt2:

My Store

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 7:39 AM

file_365855.jpg

With texture filter off, i succeded my render.

My Store

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 7:41 AM

Here are my firefly settings. I wanted the texture size high because of the high quality of the Fenrissa texture for Silas (so high res details indeed).

My Store

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 7:42 AM
Jadelu ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 7:49 AM · edited Wed, 17 January 2007 at 7:50 AM

Poser 7 is A LOT better at handling textures and texture memory. That is one thing that has vastly improved, at least for me.

dbowers22 ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 11:14 AM

file_365876.jpg

Just a side note, with some of Kozaburo's hair sets you do need to have texture filtering on. Otherwise you get "dirty" looking hair.  If your figure's hair doesn't look right, try it with texture filtering on, if your system can handle it.

Texture filtering on.

dbowers22 ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 11:14 AM

file_365877.jpg

Texture filtering off

adp001 ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 1:52 PM

This is Kozaburos hair with raytraced shadows on, without texturefiltering, but with some special settings and adapted textures. I've had trouble with any kind of hair but Kozaburos.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 2:00 PM

Interesting photo vince, are your ears really that big? sorry I'm on my way out the door right now ;)

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

vincebagna ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2007 at 12:41 AM

LOL... no Lucifer, i was just listening carefully at everybody here, so my ears quite grew up ;)

My Store

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.