Sun, Oct 6, 6:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Which software best with Poser???

vincebagna ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 1:51 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:19 AM

I want to buy a software for import from poser, but i don't know which would be the best.
1/ Carrara 5:
It seams to be great and an offer make it cheaper.

2/ Vue 6:
It looks great too, but the price makes me go towards easel.

3/Others i don't know.

In your minds, which of these is the best to work with poser, and what are the best and worse things of each??
And which other softwares could i use???

I own Poser 6, Carrara Studio 2 (It doesn't fir me for the antialias).

My Store

mrsparky ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 2:04 PM

Vue. The learning curve is amazingly shallow. 

Take 1 total newbie to 3d, point out which icons do the basics creating a terrain or tree, where the atmosphere menu is and within 5 or 6 minutes they'll be creating some decent artwork.
Only downside is you won't get your pc back for hours :)

Import of poser stuff is seamless. Ocsaaionally Vue won't like it. So export from poser as OBJ - import that way as it's fine.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 2:11 PM

I agree with mrsparky, definitely Vue.  Carrara is a nice piece of software but the learning curve is steeper than Poser.

If you can't afford to go with Vue 6 Infinite, how about Vue 6 Esprit?  You can add on modules any time and that means support for the Ecosystem and Botanica (which are the two I bought when I sidegraded from my Vue 5 Esprit).

Poser import into Vue 6 is wonderful and allows you to re-pose inside Vue and it reads the new shader nodes.  It also has Poser 7 support and compatibility.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 2:19 PM

Absolutely Vue6, preferably Infinite but I know it's pricey if you're not upgrading!
Everything about Vue6 is truly amazing, the lighting, the plants, eco sysyem paiting etc. Fantastic!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

jjroland ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 3:46 PM

Just a personal opinion, maybe a warning - don't go with easel.  Wait until you can get espirit at least.  My husband bought me easel during the last months of last year.  ALL of the tutorials are geared towards espirit or infinate.  Things you can do are pretty limited as well, to me, I felt like I had just purchased a $100.00 demo.  

Thankfully the store manager at Comp USA understood and agreed with my concerns and allowed me to actually exchange open software for another title.  I went with infinate and haven't been disappointed yet.

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

replicand ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 4:18 PM

I use Vue6 Infinite and it's really cool. There have been improvements to the render speed so you don't have to wait AS long as version five (and of course you'll get a significant speed bosst by rendering with multiple PCs).

So the real question is: do you plan to model anything? Vue allows you to do some primitives and metablobs, but if you're looking to create a complex object, you will want to use some sort of modeler. 

I bought Carrera 5 Pro last year and it doesn't "vibe" for me personally. It does have several features that put it near the level of "higher end apps", and should be worth your consideration.

vincebagna ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 5:26 AM

Thans for your advices! I think i won't buy Carrara then, and buy Vue 6 Esprit instead (costs much money, but so). Easel about 69$ and Esprit 159$, but the difference of cost seems to be little for the difference of capacities. Definitely Esprit so. But i wonder, i can't find the prices of the different modules(Ecosystem on top) on the eon site. Could someone help me??

My Store

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 6:00 AM

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

stormchaser ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 1:29 PM

Definitely Vue 6. I have Esprit & the use of Poser with this software is amazing now that it uses the Poser shader tree. You can also pose your characters inside Vue although it will use more memory.

kierab ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 2:07 PM

I don't know the other products, so I can't be much help there, but I did want to point out to you that Daz has a big sale on Carrara 5 (all versions) right now It's even cheaper (-30%) if you are a Daz PC member.

vincebagna ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 11:31 PM

To Victoria-Lee,
ok for your link, but i can't find any prices there. And i would be surprised if it were free :)

To kierab,
i saw that, and i think i will press my purse cause when i calculate i can buy also Carrara 5 for about 72$ (Carrara 5 : 99.98$, -30%, -10% coupon if i do that today, and Transposer 9$). I own Carrara 2, but 5 would be better, even if i buy too Vue 6 Esprit.

Oh god, if i go that way, i have to find another job to have much money!!! ;)

My Store

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 2:11 AM

What are you planning on doing with the software where you want import Poser stuff into? If we know your goals, we can much better answer your questions......

Is it for landscapes only? You may want to with Vue OR consider doing landscapes in Poser itself, by using MicroCosm 2.0 & Terraformer and such with a number of trees and plants for Poser with it for example.

Is it to have a better rendering engine or to render larger scenes? The both Vue and Carrara will work.

Do you want to create landscapes, but also model let's say you own cars and houses for example? Skip Vue and go with Carrara.

It depends on what you're going to do with the software that determines what is the best.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

vincebagna ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 2:28 AM

Probably both. I intend to do portrait as in my galery, but with better lights and render. Bu i want to create entire scene (with landscapes etc). I already own C2, but because of the low price of C5, i think i have to take this one. But i can't miss Vue, so i will take both.

My Store

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 4:16 AM

One big thing to consider is that Carrara (with Transposer) will allow you to import your entire Poser scenes, but it does not recognize your Poser shaders.  This may or may not matter to you, but it does require re-learning how to do shader set ups.

Vue 6 does recognize Poser Shaders.

Also, I've heard that Carrara has trouble with Poser 7 scenes.  I have not experienced this yet, but you might want to look around in the Carrara forum.

Carrara does allow you to model, but it isn't as intuitive as Hexagon.  So, if you picked up Hexagon back when they were offering it super cheap, then you might want to skip Carrara and go with Vue.

I don't have Vue, but the more I read, the more I am sorry I went with Carrara.  Don't get me wrong, Carrara does some really great stuff, but nothing that I need that Vue doesn't seemingly do smoother and easier.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.