Fri, Oct 4, 5:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Anyone Found A Way to Make Delete Button Work in Poser 7?

panko ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 7:52 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:27 PM

One of the most frustrating "new features" (lol) of P7 is the temperamental behaviour of the Delete button... Now it works, now it doesn't! I tried cursing it, encouraging, threatening, soft talking, I even played Mozart.... No way!.... Anyone found a way around this (black magic perhaps...)?...

"That's another fine mess you got me in to!" -- Oliver Hardy

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 8:02 PM

The library pallete holds the keyboard focus once you've clicked on it and the delete key takes you up one level in the folder hierarchy.

I think the trick is to always click on the item your trying to delete before pressing the delete key or use the Figure or Object menu (as appropriate).

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 8:08 PM

I just make sure the item I want to delete is the one selected and that my cursor is actually in the document window ... then I press the delete key and wait.  P7 seems to take it's time deleting things.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

panko ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 8:11 PM

Actually I discovered that if you zero your character and then select your object the Delete button works! Which means that if you change your mind and want to remove, say a prop attached to a figure which is already posed, you zero the figure, delete the prop, pose the figure again.... Maybe I should try to play some Wagner... "Gotterdamerung" for example.... :sneaky:

Niles ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 8:54 PM

file_366378.jpg

This works for me, it deletes item immediately.

panko ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 9:04 PM

Ah, yes! That's definitely faster and it will do for the time being. Thank you Niles... 👍

pruiz ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 9:35 PM

The real buggar is the delete key in the cloth room while a simulation is taking place does/doesn't work and if it does it's after 40/50 minutes of wating. The cloth room in P7 is completely hosed compared to P6.

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 10:54 PM

Yeah I have a lot of frustrating problems with P7 cloth room as well, I think it's quicker at doing the math but it has a lot of problems that P6 never gave me.

My Freebies

JHoagland ( ) posted Tue, 23 January 2007 at 12:16 PM

Keep in mind that P7 seems to "take it's time" because it's actually storing the deleted item in memory. That way, you can hit Undo and bring the item back... yes, that's right- Undo actually works in P7.
In fact, depending on your preference setting, you can undo the deleting of the item even after you've made 10, 20, or 50 changes to your scene.

But, yes, like the posters said, P7 still has the "focus" issue where hitting Delete will move you up one Library folder instead of deleting the selected item.

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.