Fri, Sep 20, 5:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Staff Picks :-)

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 3:31 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:35 AM

Hi all,

Some of you will remember we used to run a feature called Staff Picks. This is where the Poser forum staff selected images we saw in our gallery travels and nominated them as deserving a few more views.

Since the site conversion we haven't done this but we've put our heads together to bring this back. From now on we'll be posting these in a sticky thread in the forum, which will be "unstickied" when the next one is posted.

We're not sure right now how often we'll renew the picks but it will probably be once a fortnight.

Please note that these are personal picks for all of us, not judged by a panel or anything like that. We've also tried to select newer artists or those whose image may not have got many comments or views, to bring them to a wider audience.

Well without further ado, here are our current picks. Enjoy :-)

Nightstreet 1930
by Sivana
Lovely aged feel to this image, very atmospheric

Future
by emasanali
A beautiful image with a lot of detail that seems to hint at numerous stories going on

Where is the mechanic?
by gampas
Cute and funny image and a good example of HDRI use

Aline Meditation PT I (With Mp3)
by plassgard
Great colours and a real eerie feeling

Sunshine Angel
by LadyFire_Ice
Great use of lighting, really well-worked into the background!

..:| Serenity |:..
by Ascinct

Where had you been?
by gampas
Totally cute!

Swim Lady
by Z-Alaska
Great work on an underwater scene, these are always difficult. Good work with the bubbles and lighting.

Beyond this realm of reality
by RadiZ

Six Bullets T o Save The World
by drewradley
Good use of alternative rendering style.

Please feel free to leave comments in this thread (and on the images of course!)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 4:03 PM

I love that you included a DAZ Studio render in this mix.  Serenity is just a stunning image.  Really lovely!! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 4:06 PM

I wondered what had happened to the staff picks...nice to see it back :)

Gill

gampas ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 4:57 PM

THX !  :o)

FlyByNight ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 6:05 PM

Yay, they're back! Thanks so much!!! I don't get the time to look through the galleries like I used to so Staff Picks are always welcomed and enjoyed. I just love this week's selection. Bravo to all featured artists!!!

FlyByNight

tom271 ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 11:50 PM

Thank you for the show...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

deljs ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 2:14 PM

"Good job" to the artists and "thanks" to the mods.

lemur01 ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 8:51 AM

YAY! Glad to see the staff pics back. Ty.

RadiZ ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 9:25 PM

Thank you Karen ( and staff ;)) for putting me on the list - you truly honor me girl ( guys ;))

3-DArena ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 3:57 PM · edited Tue, 30 January 2007 at 4:04 PM

Attached Link: http://www.lawilliams.com/MAIN%20PAGES/GALLERIES%20PAGES/PRINT%20GALLERY/PAGES/ASCENDANT.htm

I have to say I was very impressed with "Serenity" as a reproduction of LA Williams's The Ascendant.  It's one of my favorites and I would have missed this.

Heck if sized the same the lines almost match up in most places as well.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2007 at 6:25 AM

It's nice to see the staff picks back :D 10 gems I'd have most likely missed in my wanders through the galleries.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

drewradley ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 4:58 PM

Hi all! I am so excited to see my work was picked for this!

Drew Radley

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.