Sun, Oct 6, 11:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Chat in a Flash..........................

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 11:14 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 11:19 AM
lemur01 ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 2:40 PM

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the old chat. Nice one team.

Jack

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 2:47 PM

lemur01 ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 3:20 PM · edited Tue, 16 January 2007 at 3:24 PM

Ok, interesting problem just came up. I was in chat with another window open to rosity forums so i could watch them too. Checked my email and responded to an ebot from rosity re a forum reply. I clicked the link and the page that refreshed was the chat page, kicking me out of chat of course. I tried to get back into chat, this time on the other page i had opened and it wouldn't let me in. Also tried getting in on the original page, no joy. Closed down both pages and relogged onto rosity and tried again, no joy again. This could seriously cramp the use of chat. Just about to try again.

Jack

edited to add that it didn't work again... sulks

Ahhhh now that's interesting. Just checked to see who was in chat at the login page and it reckons i'm still in there.

nomuse ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 3:26 PM · edited Tue, 16 January 2007 at 3:27 PM

Same story here, Lemur. Help! I'm stuck in chat and I can't get in to get me out! (Do they ever, you know, test these things before they release them on us?)

lemur01 ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 3:33 PM

I think that's what we're doing now. That's why Stacey is stuck in there ... to see what happens. ........................................................................................ of course she could just like chatting.

nomuse ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 3:52 PM

Well, my clone finally left....but I can't get back in. Ah, well.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 4:14 PM

she's a real chatterbox ;) hasn't stopped for hours ;)

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

lemur01 ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 4:17 PM

Well, i've got to hit the hay so i'll let you chaps in the colonies get on with it. Hopefully all will be settled come the morn.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 6:48 PM

We are checking on this, hold tight

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 7:23 PM

If you have problems connecting to the Chat. please click the "Chat" link in the header at the top of the page and go in that way. This should let you right back in.

Let me know how this works for you

zollster ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 8:30 PM

can we have the effects menu in the options? so we can put smilies in front of our names? thanks

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 9:09 PM

At this time we will not be enabling the "effects" menu in the options.  This is due to the Admin and Moderator role icons being in the drop down list.  After some research is done to disallow non team members from being able to choose these icons, we can hopefully enable them again.

zollster ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 9:23 PM

cool

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 1:16 AM

.... duh... doesn't want to load in Firefox, even after I authorise it to run Flash content.
Works in IE7

Eternal Hobbyist

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 10:42 AM

Somethings were worked on early this morning for the chat. Are you still having problems in firefox Infinity?

Laerrus ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:06 PM

I was just in chat, typed 3 things that didnt get posted and so i refreshed and now i cant get in chat at all..........its vanished completely....
Whass goin' in?

Only one person ever understood me, and they never understood me!

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:08 PM

I know laerrus, me too. I've emailed Tim:)

Laerrus ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:10 PM

strangely though, when i click on "who's in chat" it still shows you as in there Stacey! I can only assume that nobody is in there other than the imposters that really want to be us! :P

Oh what fun.....lol

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:12 PM

Oh I'm in chat? Dang, I didn't even know it, LOL

Yeah I don't think anyone can get in at the moment:)

Laerrus ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:37 PM

I still can't get in to chat yet it appears 2 more people have entered since I got booted. Are they actually in there?

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:41 PM

I tried under my test account and had a few admin here try and none of us could get in so I wouldn't think anyone could at the moment.

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 9:18 PM

StaceyG -

My Firefox web browser now able to load Flash Chat - I am in the chat room now !

Eternal Hobbyist

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2007 at 9:12 AM

Good deal!!

zollster ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2007 at 12:33 PM

its workin...but difficult to get in.... and also i dont like the icon i got!! :D

nomuse ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 6:57 PM

Still locks up. I suspect that if you send a post at the same moment someone else is entering chat, chat locks on you. Unfortunately it won't refresh....when I get booted I stay booted for up to several hours. Also locks chat when trying to follow an in-line link from chat. Also when logging in won't enable typing for a period of up to five minutes...text display normal, options available, even emoticons post but typing is disabled. And could we get a pause button? And options for background color that weren't squint-worthy?

kathym ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 10:19 PM

I sign in from the main location .. it lags .. if i try to refresh it i get a Server socket connection failed message in the blue login box with the blue MAC looking background.

Just enjoying the Vue. :0)

vikinglady ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 10:25 PM

Try the main chat login.
I just got in.

Anniebel ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 12:12 AM

I just logged in, & all I got was a pretty swirlled blue background & nothing else. I am using IE.

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

SGT2005 ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 4:16 AM

Hi Anniebel  

Try refreshing the page, IE 7 works pretty good for chat.  I Sent a letter to firefox so maybe they
can come up with a solution on there end as well. Might be as simple as excepting flash within
there coding.

There is a current updates for FireFox browser users found here :

http://www.mozilla.org/download.html  FireFox 2.0.0.1 or Firefox2
The new firefox browser seems alot more stable.

sgtprotex1@netscape.net

University of Pheonix Alumni 2008
AA Criminal Justice Degree
BA Criminal Justice Degree

Currently study in Parapsychology

DarkEdge ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 4:18 PM

hmmmm, can't enter chat anymore.
it loads up and i look at a blue page with nothing on it???

Comitted to excellence through art.

vikinglady ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 5:47 PM

@ Anniebel & DarkEdge
 I just tried to get back in. Got the same blue back ground. Waited a few minutes, because a few times it took more than a minute for it to decide to load.
 Was in the room when it froze-up on me around 2:42pm rosity time.

SGT2005 ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 7:00 PM

HI All,

I'm still logged into chat as well , not sure if its a server issue and at which end .
Like vikinglady I've been logged in there since 2:42 pm Renderosity time .

Infact as of last note, the original was 8 members stuck in chat . Now the total is 9 members.
with showing most of us still logged in there.

Hang on folks. Email out to a Moderator. Hopefully will be ok soon .

sgtprotex1@netscape.net

DarkEdge ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 7:07 PM

still can't enter.
all windows stuff (firewall and security) turned off, because i have other software to protect me.
have other software disabled as well.

nice blue image though. lol!

SGT2005 ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 7:31 PM

Hi All

Ok folks, email's are out, hang on. 
Update now there is ten in the chatroom . 
I am sure the rederosity Staff Is working hard to get this issue resolved. 

Will post a update as soon as I heear anything. Be Patient.

sgtprotex1@netscape.net

Anniebel ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 8:56 PM

Quote - Hi Anniebel  

Try refreshing the page, IE 7 works pretty good for chat.  I Sent a letter to firefox so maybe they
can come up with a solution on there end as well. Might be as simple as excepting flash within
there coding.

There is a current updates for FireFox browser users found here :

http://www.mozilla.org/download.html  FireFox 2.0.0.1 or Firefox2
The new firefox browser seems alot more stable.

I tried, no luck, still the same blue screen. Don't use IE7, use 6.029

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

DarkEdge ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 9:27 PM

i use ie7 and have refreshed and gotten latest updates...still no luck; it used to work???

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 1:30 PM

still no luck today.

is there some sort of setting in the control panel/internet options that would have something to do with this?

vikinglady ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 1:34 PM

Just got in with IE6

3_Bad_Mice ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 1:57 PM

i'm in there now had no probs getting in either - shame there's only 3 of us in there tho (just saying) zzzzzz   ;)   looks pretty flash btw like the little emtoes - cute :)

nomuse ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 3:20 PM

I get locked out all the time, still. Chat suddenly locks up, and won't let me back in for up to twenty-four hours. Just today got even more interesting; there's sometimes a delay before I can type in the response window. Today that delay became infinite; I can not type in the response window at all. The only thing I can do is cut and paste; inserting emoticons from the pop-up or pasting test I write in a different application. For a while there the novelty of the new chat brought more users into it. Now we are back to the same population there was before the new chat (three or four people who don't talk much) except, now, the chat is slower, crankier, harder to read, harder overall to use. A typical "improvement" for Renderosity.

hewee ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 5:00 PM

If you ask me the newer site speed we got from the new server go worse after the flash chat started.
I can be here with a lot less people online where pages loaded super fast and have it take 10 to 30 sec. now to load. Then it can be fast again with the same amount online.
Not sure if the flash load on the site is the reason but I know flash put a big load on the CPU etc.
So the more using flash the worse it gets.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2007 at 12:18 PM

Does anyone know of a third party app that will allow me to access the chat without having to run my browser?

Something with little overhead that happily sits in the background and I can always keep track of what's going on?

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

drawbridgep ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2007 at 11:20 PM · edited Fri, 09 February 2007 at 11:27 PM

Attached Link: Chat Client

OK, I've found a third part client that will run independent of the browser and will access the renderosity chat.   Maybe it's just me that wanted this?  :-)   Anyway, I can now run the chat independently from a browser.

The readme includes instructions which are pretty easy to follow.  But if anyone does want me to show the settings I used, I'm more than hapy to.  So I can now stay in chat the whole time!!

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2007 at 3:40 PM · edited Sun, 11 February 2007 at 3:42 PM

OK, here are instructions for accessing the new chat via the client:

Here are some instructions if you want to access the new renderosity flash chat from an external client.
The advantages of this are (taken from the website):

* KADObytes FlashChat Client works smoothly and needs much less resorces than the Internet Explorer or other browsers
    * While chatting and serving in the web at the same time, it easily can happen that you click on a link and it opens in the browser window where you run the chat. You would be locked out - not so with the KADObytes FlashChat Client
    * You can maximize the KADObytes FlashChat Client without having all that stuff from your web browser around it which do not really make sense in the chat. You wouldn't need an address bar, a back button or whatever while chatting ...
    * If you have a closed chat on your website you won't have to link it somewhere anymore. Just offer your members the for your chat preconfigured KADObytes FlashChat Client ...
    * You can use the KADObytes FlashChat Client next to your web browser. That way you could be logged in to the chat twice (with different user names) and even be in different rooms ...
    * There is even a way to open the KADObytes FlashChat Client several times and on different Chat Servers, so you could communicate in more than 1 Chat at the same time ... (check out the Flashchat Forum for more information on that!)
    * It does not cost you a thing - so what? :-)

Download flash chat client from http://www.kadobytes.com/fcclient/download/index.html

Which will allow you to download the zip file.
or click http://www.kadobytes.com/fcclient/downloads/fcclient41.zip for a direct link

Unzip to a folder and run user.exe

Enter your renderosity Username and password and click save

Run admintool.exe  which has loads of settings, but the important ones are:

Chat Server:  which you should change to http://market.renderosity.com/mod/chat/
Chat Name:  Can really be anything, but I use Renderosity Chat.

You can alter the default window size here too.  You can, however, resize within the program.

Nothing else really needs changing.

Click save

Run client.exe to load the program and it will automatically log you into the renderosity chat and into The Lounge.

You can now close this window and you are still logged into the chat through the icon in your system tray.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.