Sun, Oct 6, 9:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: The New Chat is Terrible

Ofthepast ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 11:43 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:01 AM

It makes you sign in every time, it doesn't remember settings when you leave, it crashes constantly, and now it won't even load. Fix it or put the old one back in.

LadyFrog ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 11:50 PM

cant really say anything about chat because it doesnt load...nice background though

DarkStarBurning ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 11:51 PM

I quite like it.. and I'm never satisfied with anything lol

Some of the themes would make your retinas bleed if you sit staring at them too long, but I really think it's a step in the right direction. Not so keen on having to re-sign in every time though.

Ofthepast ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 12:12 AM

It has potential.

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 12:13 AM

if its configured right ya dont have to sign in every time , unless they set it up that way. It is somewhat sensitive to transmission delays though.

It does have some nice features like private message windows and smilies .

Just remember NOT to refresh the window in the browser.

vikinglady ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 12:48 AM

It Locked up on me at 12:40am rosity time

Greek ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 1:07 AM

I was checking it out. Nice of you to copy Rotica's chat program. Too bad it doesn't work as well or have some of the options, like selecting a background from images on your hard drive, or like going to the gallery of a person in chat. Oh well, keep trying. You might get it working properly one of these day. I'll be waiting to see. Froze up when I was on it too, then wouldn't load again.

I am a romantic, a seeker of beauty. 
Even from souls corners most despairing, 
beauty none the less. 
~Sunheart~

nomuse ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 2:04 AM

Froze, hasn't worked since -- two different browsers and a restart later. Not sure I'll bother to try again.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:34 AM

The programmers are working on it gang....not sure what is going on as this didnt happen in testing...the programmers will get it tho 😉

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 6:32 AM

Quote - I was checking it out. Nice of you to copy Rotica's chat program.

From what I understand it's a bought chat program so no one is being "copied."

It's only been up for one day. GIve it a bit of time to get the few bugs that have been found to be worked out.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Greek ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 10:21 AM

Now Acadia, all I am saying is that I find it odd that you would choose the same chat program that Rotica has been successfully running since way last year. I'm not inplying anything else. I'm flattered that you would follow in our footsteps. :biggrin:

beauty none the less. 
~Sunheart~

Ardiva ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 10:32 AM

I like the style and layout...also glad there is an option to turn off sounds. lol

Only problem I encountered is that even while in chat, a login popup shows up to login AGAIN. I'm sure this is a bug and will need to be worked out.

DarkStarBurning ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 10:37 AM

I'm getting a pop-up chat logger when I enter the room too. Doesn't seem to do anything though apart from annoy my blocker shrugs

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 10:45 AM

Some repairs and modifications were done this am early so let me know after this point if you still encounter these issues above.

Thanks

nomuse ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:03 PM

Once again.....stalled, wouldn't let me log back in. Worked okay when I was in......really slow, often laggy, default backgrounds made text difficult to read even when I over-rode with my own text color, background options appear to be switched off. But it did work for about an hour before it gave up.

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:08 PM

I know nomuse, me too:(  I've emailed Tim

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:10 PM

it will eventually become more popular than the earlier software they used. a few more features may be added; a few patches are needed here and there. I'm hoping that nic, or one of the others, will get in touch with some very capable expert (martin) and see if some mutually agreeable arrangement can be made in regard to the patches.

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:11 PM

Tim has been in contact with Martin:)  Thanks!!!

vikinglady ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:29 PM

Cool.
Glad its not just me locked out.

Laerrus ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 5:49 PM

Chat seems to be working again! At least thats how it appears to me as i'm in there on my own....maybe it only works if one person is in it and i'll get booted as soon as someone comes in lol.

Only one person ever understood me, and they never understood me!

Hyria ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 9:03 PM

working so far here. no booting as of yet :)

Insanity is a waking state...Darkness is a being...Want To Play.........heheheheh

DarkStarBurning ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2007 at 5:58 AM

*laughing @ "We all make mistakes, not even I." :lol:

Ofthepast ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2007 at 12:06 AM

The chat still isn't working correctly--even using the new note. ;)

vikinglady ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2007 at 12:55 AM

just got in

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2007 at 4:40 AM

But Seriously....Aren't ALL chat's terrible?

Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2007 at 7:41 AM

Quote - But Seriously....Aren't ALL chat's terrible?

Tom

Not the ones that happen at 3 AM after all the uptight folks have left the party... :lol:

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 3:07 AM

Well..then I must pay a visit one of these "nights" to check it out.

For real.... other than popping in the 3DC chat to test it every now and then...I haven't been in a chat since 1998 or so.(Bryce Chat most likely)

Perhaps I'll see you in there cap'n. be sure to wear your anti-jelly armor.

I know Jumpy is one of us "late niter's"...and she may very well show up looking for a pelting victim.

(Just don't tell anyone else....after all...it's gotta be fun to watch so long as you are not the "pelt-ee"recipient).

8 )

Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 5:03 AM

Im always looking for a pelting victim....EG

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 5:04 AM

I, too, am more of a peltER than a peltEE, but what the heck, as long as I get to play... :lol:

Ofthepast ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 12:50 AM

Chat is still as broken as ever.

Greek ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 2:04 AM

Well, if you want to chat, feel free to stop in at Rotica's. It works all the time, and you're always welcome. :thumbupboth:

beauty none the less. 
~Sunheart~

zollster ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 6:45 AM

and we dont bite......unless you ask nicely

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 2:06 PM

one feature I'd like to request that's apparently not in the flash chat here or elsewhere: can y'all fix it so the "ignore" function blocks all messages from the ignored user, and not just private messages? that way if somebody's buggin' me, or if others wanna ignore me, they can do it with a click of the mouse button :lol: the way it works now is that the ignored user gets a pop-up saying he/she is being ignored, but it only blocks PMs if I understand it correctly.

Natolii ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 8:09 PM

Beg to Differ there Greek.

Dragonsmark.com also uses Flashchat. So R;otica and R'osity are not unique in that.

:p

zollster ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 8:14 PM

beggin to differ on what point? greek says come on over.... you say another site uses chat....those 2 points have nothin to do with each other

3_Bad_Mice ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 1:35 PM

lol chat, i just went in there coz i fancied a CHAT & there were 0 users, shame really i like a bit of chit chat, i also went in a couple of months ago, again i was the only user in there,  just thought more people would be in there wot with over 2000 users on-line - must all be  busy making images & browsing :) i will try again & hopefully there will be more in there, just a suggestion when i saw there were no users in there i exited dead fast coz i don't want to be the only 1 in there but perhaps if i just went in & stayed others might come in (might) :)
also i prefer chats than threads, my last post got deleted for calling someone a liar (pretty trivial & lame of admin) so i been put off threads, also it would be good to get chatting to other artists swap ideas & info & chat ;)

hewee ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 3:21 PM

I do not use the chat but it has or seems to have slowed the site page load speed down because we got the new server and faster speed here but now it is slower again on and off.  Flash put a bigger load on a PC so guess it does the same at the other end where it comes from so if so then it slows the rest of the site down.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.