Wed, Oct 9, 12:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:55 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Text Editor

Edgar ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 11:42 AM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 4:05 AM

So.... I'm wanting to open up my CR2's and see if I can redirect the paths so that the program will be able to find OBJ's like it should, but... Well, the tie up is that I don't exactly know what a text editor is. I work on a Mac. Anyone have any suggestions on what i need to do here?

flamethedog ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 4:38 PM

Get a copy of BBEdit lite (free), sorry cannot give URL off top of me head tho possibly www.barebones.com. You could purchase full version 6 but lite will do the trick... Before you start duplicate your cr2 file. Just in case... Open BBEdit and open cr2 file. This will give you a series of lines of text mainly in form of numbers. Do a find for .obj and this should locate the two lines that point to your .obj file. Edit both these lines so that they point to the .obj file and the folders that your .obj file is nested in. Then hit save, not save as (if you do a save as you will need to change the file Creator/Type in Resedit to cr2T/PZ3A, otherwise Poser will not see it as a Poser file). Put back in Poser library folder and open from within Poser. All should hopefully be ok.... flamethedog

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 9:43 PM

I use the dreaded Microsoft Word (curse you, Bill Gates!), and save it as DOS text (actually, acsii text). To get around the problem flamethedog mentioned I run it through Mac Converter, that makes a Mac file out of it again.

pragask ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2001 at 7:13 AM

Use the CR 2 Editor, a shareware program in the utilities section of Renderosity. For Windows only, it converts poser files into a directory - tree-like structure for easy editing. Good luck.

doozy ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 3:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.versiontracker.com/

Find current versions of Mac freeware and shareware at Version Tracker. Besides Bbedit, another popular shareware text editor is Alpha. I've been using MPW for a loooong time, and now that it's free from Apple, I continue to use it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.