Tue, Oct 22, 12:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: OT how can I make a bootable XP pro cd?

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2007 at 11:51 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 9:58 AM

I need to get into my daughter's computer and see if her fonts are still there. She's thinking it's on her old drive but can't boot the system.
Thanks,
Marque

steerpike ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2007 at 12:20 PM

Attached Link: Bart's Preinstalled Environment

I've never tried it, but this is the site I've seen referred to most often when this sort of discussion comes up.

If you only need to copy the fonts across to a new system, a more straightforward choice might be to use a Linux live distro (there's a lot of them available) and copy to a USB drive.

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2007 at 2:21 PM · edited Mon, 29 January 2007 at 2:22 PM

Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) is great . I highly recomend it!

Jimdoria ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 1:56 PM

Never could figure out Bart's PE. I've heard it's awesome & all but I found it too confusing to get set up with just casual tinkering.

Some other ideas:

• Unplug her hard drive and plug it into another XP system. You might have to re-jumper the drive as a slave. Unless she used disk encryption (pretty unlikely) you should be able to get at anything on the drive.
  • Buy one of those USB2 external hard drive boxes for about $30 and plug her drive into it, then plug it into your system . Unless she used disk encryption (pretty unlikely) you should be able to get at anything on the drive. (Oh right, I said that already. 😄)

• Jimdoria  ~@>@

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 11:37 PM

Got it dealt with, just did a re-install of xp pro and was able to offload everything. She wanted to turn it into an mp3 system anyway so killed two birds with one stone. I thought about plugging it into another system but was frankly too lazy. Also $30 to her is a lot of money..lol
Still need to figure out how to do a bootable disk, think it would come in handy just in case.
Thanks,
Marque

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.